Mormon Missionaries

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How should we deal with Mormon Missionaries? They come to our doors to instruct us in the complete gospel of Jesus Christ.....they welcome disagreement - believing it is confirmation of their personal truth.......no information a non-Melchizedek priesthood holder means anything - they believe they will be gods.....

What do you think is the best way to deal with the missionaries at your door?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How should we deal with Mormon Missionaries? They come to our doors to instruct us in the complete gospel of Jesus Christ.....they welcome disagreement - believing it is confirmation of their personal truth.......no information a non-Melchizedek priesthood holder means anything - they believe they will be gods.....

Besides the wacko doctrines...they are usually fine young men. We got very friendly with a group of 3 some years ago. They ended up sending for their bishop...who then was afraid for the religious safety of the young men...so he forbade them from visiting us again....they were being converted. ;)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides the wacko doctrines...they are usually fine young men. We got very friendly with a group of 3 some years ago. They ended up sending for their bishop...who then was afraid for t

he religious safety of the young men...so he forbade them from visiting us again....they were being converted. ;)

HA! What an awesome story - thank you E. I had a similar experience about 20 years ago. We invited 2 mormon missionaries to dinner and they felt so comfortable with us that they started criticizing the 'crazy born-again' people they met during their door to door missions. My father took the opportunity to educate them....haha. It only took a minute for them to realize they were a captive audience....

The Bishop was called and my father continued his lesson on the love of Jesus.

Our house was quickly black-balled

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Besides the wacko doctrines...they are usually fine young men. We got very friendly with a group of 3 some years ago. They ended up sending for their bishop...who then was afraid for the religious safety of the young men...so he forbade them from visiting us again....they were being converted. ;)
Ha ! the same happen to me the old dude jump up and walked away as the two boys look on thinking why he was in a huff, old mate know he had no hope of converting me

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Be kind and respectful, get your own bible and ask them to back up everything with scripture. Listen to what they say and usually they will contradict themselves before the conversation at least once before the conversation is over. Usually they won't return more than twice if they are unsuccessful in convincing you with their presentation, and the same is true with the JW's. I have had a couple of times where they were close to seeing their errors and the third person in their party would have to leave and stop the discussion.

In my own experiences it is much more effective to relate to JW's or Mormons outside of their evangelistic endeavors, like at work or neighborhood functions.