Most Christians boldly proclaim "I know Him" but do NOT guard/keep His commandments!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

1Ti 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

1Ti 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

1) "But foolish and unlearned questions avoid" (tas de moras kai apaideutous zeteseis paraitou) "But the foolish (moronic) and uninstructed (childish) questionings refuse, or avoid," as vain, empty, idle babblings, 2Ti_2:16; Mat_12:36; Mat_12:41-42; Ecc_12:13-14.

2) "Knowing that they do gender strifes." (eidos hoti genosin machas) "Perceiving that they beget or spawn fights (bickerings and railings):" Such behavior is unbecoming for a Christian to engage in or listen to; Psa_1:1-3; for such creates confusion and God is not its author; 1Co_14:33; Pro_16:18; Pro_22:10; Pro_26:17; Proverbs 20-22; Tit_3:9-10.

Ask him this dear Robert...

View attachment 21571

Blessings
Johann

Why would I Joe? He asked a question, and I answered it. You asked what you did of me, and I answered it. Sometimes adding words, complicates understanding.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was a flesh and blood human being like everybody else on the planet, and He kept them perfectly. A person's ability to keep God's commandments is directly proportionate to how much they are actively applying the Bible's instructions in their lives.

You are absolutely correct that Jesus was flesh and blood like everybody else on the planet Des, but you did fail to mention one thing, not one other human on earth could give his life to ransom everyone else. Why? Because Jesus differed from all other humans in the fact that he was not born with inherited sin, as one of his parents were sinless. That is why Jehovah had to send someone not of this planet, to redeem mankind. Do you understand the need for an equal ransom sir? 1 Tim 2:6

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are absolutely correct that Jesus was flesh and blood like everybody else on the planet Des, but you did fail to mention one thing, not one other human on earth could give his life to ransom everyone else. Why?
Because Jesus differed from all other humans in the fact that he was not born with inherited sin, as one of his parents were sinless. not of this planet, to redeem mankind. Do you understand the need for an equal ransom sir? 1 Tim 2:6
Firstly Jesus is God
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Pros to pros...

Because Jesus differed from all other humans in the fact that he was not born with inherited sin, as one of his parents were sinless.

Secondly, Mary was not sinless...a huge mistake you are making here

see...Was Mary sinless? Was Mary without sin? | GotQuestions.org

Not judging you, just correcting, in love

Blessings
J.

Reactions: Jim B

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is antichrist doctrine. Jesus specifically, and quite plainly, said that God desires ppl who will worship Him in spirit and truth(Jhn 4:24). Jesus already shut the door on the idea that anyone has the authority or ability to "redeem" satanic customs for a godly purpose. God laid out the way He wishes to be worshiped throughout Lev. 23, and none of the instructions in that chapter involves idols.

The "Christians" who invent these excuses never stop to realize that they're displaying the same "i will be the Most High" attitude that got Lucifer in hot water with his Maker.

Well you are entitled to your opinions but not facts.

We are free to celebrate the Lord how we wish! Nothing material is of itself evil. we can make it evil. Paul made this clear!

Romans 14
King James Version

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

Key here is that meat in gentile lands was usually offered to idols first.

1 Corinthians 8
King James Version

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

so following the priniciple Paul laid down- whether we have a christmas tree are we the worst or if we refuse are we better! If one celebrates teh pagan festivals around the winter solstice, then it becomes evil. You are free to not have a Christmas tree. but do not judge a brother who celebrates the Lord with a Christmas tree- You err if you do.

Reactions: Jim B

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are absolutely correct that Jesus was flesh and blood like everybody else on the planet Des, but you did fail to mention one thing, not one other human on earth could give his life to ransom everyone else. Why? Because Jesus differed from all other humans in the fact that he was not born with inherited sin, as one of his parents were sinless. That is why Jehovah had to send someone not of this planet, to redeem mankind. Do you understand the need for an equal ransom sir? 1 Tim 2:6
Hebrews says Jesus was tempted in all points like every other human being was. Jesus Himself stated in Jhn 5:19, 30 that He could do nothing by His own human strength. When the man who spoke to him in Matt. 19:16 called Him "good Teacher", Jesus responded by saying "why are you calling Me 'good'?", not "thank you for acknowledging My inherent goodness".

Jesus' ability to resist Satan's influence came from having God's Spirit, relying on the power of that Spirit, and applying what the scriptures taught. If Jesus had any inherent goodness in Himself, then it would be completely unfair for Him to command people to follow His example.

I can certainly agree that it's highly unlikely that someone will do a perfect job at keeping God's commandments because the original apostles didn't, but "unlikely" is far from being the same thing as "impossible".

Abraham certainly didn't tell God that it was impossible when God commanded Him to be blameless in His sight. No matter how many times David messed up, he continued to strive towards moral perfection, and he asked God to help him reach that standard of perfection. If those men refused to believe it was impossible, no one who truly knows God would think that it's impossible either.
Well you are entitled to your opinions but not facts.

We are free to celebrate the Lord how we wish! Nothing material is of itself evil. we can make it evil. Paul made this clear!

Romans 14
King James Version

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

Key here is that meat in gentile lands was usually offered to idols first.

1 Corinthians 8
King James Version

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

so following the priniciple Paul laid down- whether we have a christmas tree are we the worst or if we refuse are we better! If one celebrates teh pagan festivals around the winter solstice, then it becomes evil. You are free to not have a Christmas tree. but do not judge a brother who celebrates the Lord with a Christmas tree- You err if you do.
Anyone who wants to contradict God's laws and Jesus' words to willfully practice lawlessness is no brother/sister of mine, so i can assure you that this pathetic attempt at guilt-tripping me into silence won't work. I am not one of those people that subscribes to the idea that everybody who claims to be a Christian is who they say they are. And since you want to throw Paul's principles around, i have one for you:

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them." - Eph. 5:11

The Paul that exists in the Bible says expose the works of darkness for what they are, not repurpose them, remain silent about them, or make excuses for people who want to continue engaging in them. That's not an "opinion". That's a fact, and it's not going to change because you are arrogant enough to believe that no one is supposed to challenge you on your ridiculous theology. If you're going to call yourself a Christian, the only acceptable method of worship is the kind God commanded.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great post!
It's just a lengthy statement of commitment to disobedience, antinomianism and "new humanism." What's great about it? Not a word about loving God. And that's what you get from so many folks today. I don't like offending people by discrediting what they post, but a message of "love" without any acknowledgment that God desires our love is just the Summer Of '67 all over again in religious garb. How can people who name the name of Christ emphasize "love" for brother to the detriment of love for Him who IS love? Why can't we give God some love? How He must feel, sitting up there watching us worship each other instead of Him. It is a horror.

REVELATION 5:12

WORTHY IS THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN TO RECEIVE POWER, AND RICHES, AND WISDOM, AND STRENGTH, AND HONOUR, AND GLORY, AND BLESSING!

REVELATION 5:13

BLESSING, AND HONOUR, AND GLORY, AND POWER, BE UNTO HIM THAT SITTETH UPON THE THRONE, AND UNTO THE LAMB FOR EVER AND EVER!

REVELATION 4:8

HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, WHICH WAS, AND IS, AND IS TO COME!

REVELATION 4:11

THOU ART WORTHY, O LORD, TO RECEIVE GLORY AND HONOUR AND POWER: FOR THOU HAST CREATED ALL THINGS, AND FOR THY PLEASURE THEY ARE AND WERE CREATED!

PSALMS 100:1-5

1 SHOUT FOR JOY TO THE LORD, ALL THE EARTH.
2 WORSHIP THE LORD WITH GLADNESS;
COME BEFORE HIM WITH JOYFUL SONGS.
3 KNOW THAT THE LORD IS GOD.
IT IS HE WHO MADE US, AND WE ARE HIS;
WE ARE HIS PEOPLE, THE SHEEP OF HIS PASTURE.

4 ENTER HIS GATES WITH THANKSGIVING
AND HIS COURTS WITH PRAISE;
GIVE THANKS TO HIM AND PRAISE HIS NAME.
5 FOR THE LORD IS GOOD AND HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER;
HIS FAITHFULNESS CONTINUES THROUGH ALL GENERATIONS.

PSALMS 34:1-9

1 I WILL EXTOL THE LORD AT ALL TIMES;
HIS PRAISE WILL ALWAYS BE ON MY LIPS.
2 I WILL GLORY IN THE LORD;
LET THE AFFLICTED HEAR AND REJOICE.
3 GLORIFY THE LORD WITH ME;
LET US EXALT HIS NAME TOGETHER.

4 I SOUGHT THE LORD, AND HE ANSWERED ME;
HE DELIVERED ME FROM ALL MY FEARS.
5 THOSE WHO LOOK TO HIM ARE RADIANT;
THEIR FACES ARE NEVER COVERED WITH SHAME.
6 THIS POOR MAN CALLED, AND THE LORD HEARD HIM;
HE SAVED HIM OUT OF ALL HIS TROUBLES.
7 THE ANGEL OF THE LORD ENCAMPS AROUND THOSE WHO [REVERENTLY] FEAR HIM,
AND HE DELIVERS THEM.

8 TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD;
BLESSED IS THE ONE WHO TAKES REFUGE IN HIM.
9 FEAR THE LORD, YOU HIS HOLY PEOPLE,
FOR THOSE WHO FEAR HIM LACK NOTHING.

PSALMS 111:1-5

1 PRAISE THE LORD.

I WILL EXTOL THE LORD WITH ALL MY HEART
IN THE COUNCIL OF THE UPRIGHT AND IN THE ASSEMBLY.

2 GREAT ARE THE WORKS OF THE LORD;
THEY ARE PONDERED BY ALL WHO DELIGHT IN THEM.
3 GLORIOUS AND MAJESTIC ARE HIS DEEDS,
AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURES FOREVER.
4 HE HAS CAUSED HIS WONDERS TO BE REMEMBERED;
THE LORD IS GRACIOUS AND COMPASSIONATE.
5 HE PROVIDES FOOD FOR THOSE WHO [REVERENTLY] FEAR HIM;
HE REMEMBERS HIS COVENANT FOREVER.

PSALMS 95:1-7

1 COME, LET US SING FOR JOY TO THE LORD;
LET US SHOUT ALOUD TO THE ROCK OF OUR SALVATION.
2 LET US COME BEFORE HIM WITH THANKSGIVING
AND EXTOL HIM WITH MUSIC AND SONG.

3 FOR THE LORD IS THE GREAT GOD,
THE GREAT KING ABOVE ALL GODS.
4 IN HIS HAND ARE THE DEPTHS OF THE EARTH,
AND THE MOUNTAIN PEAKS BELONG TO HIM.
5 THE SEA IS HIS, FOR HE MADE IT,
AND HIS HANDS FORMED THE DRY LAND.

6 COME, LET US BOW DOWN IN WORSHIP,
LET US KNEEL BEFORE THE LORD OUR MAKER;
7 FOR HE IS OUR GOD
AND WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF HIS PASTURE,
THE FLOCK UNDER HIS CARE.

PSALMS 92:1-8

1 IT IS GOOD TO PRAISE THE LORD
AND MAKE MUSIC TO YOUR NAME, O MOST HIGH,
2 PROCLAIMING YOUR LOVE IN THE MORNING
AND YOUR FAITHFULNESS AT NIGHT,
3 TO THE MUSIC OF THE TEN-STRINGED LYRE
AND THE MELODY OF THE HARP.

4 FOR YOU MAKE ME GLAD BY YOUR DEEDS, LORD;
I SING FOR JOY AT WHAT YOUR HANDS HAVE DONE.
5 HOW GREAT ARE YOUR WORKS, LORD,
HOW PROFOUND YOUR THOUGHTS!
6 SENSELESS PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW,
FOOLS DO NOT UNDERSTAND,
7 THAT THOUGH THE WICKED SPRING UP LIKE GRASS
AND ALL EVILDOERS FLOURISH,
THEY WILL BE DESTROYED FOREVER.

8 BUT YOU, LORD, ARE FOREVER EXALTED.

PSALMS 7:17

17 I WILL GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD BECAUSE OF HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS;
I WILL SING THE PRAISES OF THE NAME OF THE LORD MOST HIGH.

PSALMS 103:1-6

1 PRAISE THE LORD, MY SOUL;
ALL MY INMOST BEING, PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME.
2 PRAISE THE LORD, MY SOUL,
AND FORGET NOT ALL HIS BENEFITS—
3 WHO FORGIVES ALL YOUR SINS
AND HEALS ALL YOUR DISEASES,
4 WHO REDEEMS YOUR LIFE FROM THE PIT
AND CROWNS YOU WITH LOVE AND COMPASSION,
5 WHO SATISFIES YOUR DESIRES WITH GOOD THINGS
SO THAT YOUR YOUTH IS RENEWED LIKE THE EAGLE’S.
6 THE LORD WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS
AND JUSTICE FOR ALL THE OPPRESSED.

PSALMS 103:22

22 PRAISE THE LORD, ALL HIS WORKS
EVERYWHERE IN HIS DOMINION.
PRAISE THE LORD, O MY SOUL.

PSALMS 89:5-8

5 THE HEAVENS PRAISE YOUR WONDERS, LORD,
YOUR FAITHFULNESS TOO, IN THE ASSEMBLY OF THE HOLY ONES.
6 FOR WHO IN THE SKIES ABOVE CAN COMPARE WITH THE LORD?
WHO IS LIKE THE LORD AMONG THE HEAVENLY BEINGS?
7 IN THE COUNCIL OF THE HOLY ONES GOD IS GREATLY FEARED;
HE IS MORE AWESOME THAN ALL WHO SURROUND HIM.
8 WHO IS LIKE YOU, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY?
YOU, LORD, ARE MIGHTY, AND YOUR FAITHFULNESS SURROUNDS YOU.

PSALMS 89:14-18

14 RIGHTEOUSNESS AND JUSTICE ARE THE FOUNDATION OF YOUR THRONE;
LOVE AND FAITHFULNESS GO BEFORE YOU.
15 BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO HAVE LEARNED TO ACCLAIM YOU,
WHO WALK IN THE LIGHT OF YOUR PRESENCE, LORD.
16 THEY REJOICE IN YOUR NAME ALL DAY LONG;
THEY CELEBRATE YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
17 FOR YOU ARE THEIR GLORY AND STRENGTH,
AND BY YOUR FAVOR YOU EXALT OUR HORN.
18 INDEED, OUR SHIELD BELONGS TO THE LORD,
OUR KING TO THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL.
PRAISE BE TO THE LORD FOREVER!
AMEN AND AMEN.

PSALMS 117:1-2

1 PRAISE THE LORD, ALL YOU NATIONS;
EXTOL HIM, ALL YOU PEOPLES.
2 FOR GREAT IS HIS LOVE TOWARD US,
AND THE FAITHFULNESS OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER.
PRAISE THE LORD!

PSALMS 139:13-17

13 FOR YOU CREATED MY INMOST BEING;
YOU KNIT ME TOGETHER IN MY MOTHER’S WOMB.
14 I PRAISE YOU BECAUSE I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE;
YOUR WORKS ARE WONDERFUL,
I KNOW THAT FULL WELL.
15 MY FRAME WAS NOT HIDDEN FROM YOU
WHEN I WAS MADE IN THE SECRET PLACE,
WHEN I WAS WOVEN TOGETHER IN THE DEPTHS OF THE EARTH.
16 YOUR EYES SAW MY UNFORMED BODY;
ALL THE DAYS ORDAINED FOR ME WERE WRITTEN IN YOUR BOOK
BEFORE ONE OF THEM CAME TO BE.
17 HOW PRECIOUS TO ME ARE YOUR THOUGHTS, GOD!
HOW VAST IS THE SUM OF THEM!

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's just a lengthy statement of commitment to disobedience, antinomianism and "new humanism." What's great about it? Not a word about loving God. And that's what you get from so many folks today. I don't like offending people by discrediting what they post, but a message of "love" without any acknowledgment that God desires our love is just the Summer Of '67 all over again in religious garb. How can people who name the name of Christ emphasize "love" for brother to the detriment of love for Him who IS love? Why can't we give God some love? How He must feel, sitting up there watching us worship each other instead of Him. It is a horror.

WORTHY IS THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN TO RECEIVE POWER, AND RICHES, AND WISDOM, AND STRENGTH, AND HONOUR, AND GLORY, AND BLESSING!

BLESSING, AND HONOUR, AND GLORY, AND POWER, BE UNTO HIM THAT SITTETH UPON THE THRONE, AND UNTO THE LAMB FOR EVER AND EVER!

THOU ART WORTHY, O LORD, TO RECEIVE GLORY AND HONOUR AND POWER: FOR THOU HAST CREATED ALL THINGS, AND FOR THY PLEASURE THEY ARE AND WERE CREATED!

PSALMS 100:1-5

PSALMS 34:1-9

AND HE DELIVERS THEM.

PSALMS 111:1-5

1 PRAISE THE LORD.

PSALMS 95:1-7

7 FOR HE IS OUR GOD

PSALMS 92:1-8

FOOLS DO NOT UNDERSTAND,

PSALMS 7:17

I WILL SING THE PRAISES OF THE NAME OF THE LORD MOST HIGH.

PSALMS 103:1-6

PSALMS 103:22

PSALMS 89:5-8

PSALMS 89:14-18

AMEN AND AMEN.

PSALMS 117:1-2

PRAISE THE LORD!

PSALMS 139:13-17

I KNOW THAT FULL WELL.
Amen.
This entire thread, while extolling God's Commandments, is but another excuse to disobey them using 'love' as a mollifying ointment.
A loveless law is no less or more useless than a lawless love.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstly Jesus is God
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Pros to pros...

Because Jesus differed from all other humans in the fact that he was not born with inherited sin, as one of his parents were sinless.

Secondly, Mary was not sinless...a huge mistake you are making here

see...Was Mary sinless? Was Mary without sin? | GotQuestions.org

Not judging you, just correcting, in love

Blessings
J.

No sir, the very same version you quoted translated theos as a god at Acts 28:6. Hence the translators deliberately translated one of them in error. Why do you suppose that is Joe?

You are correct Joe, Mary was sinful, but Jesus Father is not.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews says Jesus was tempted in all points like every other human being was. Jesus Himself stated in Jhn 5:19, 30 that He could do nothing by His own human strength. When the man who spoke to him in Matt. 19:16 called Him "good Teacher", Jesus responded by saying "why are you calling Me 'good'?", not "thank you for acknowledging My inherent goodness".

Jesus' ability to resist Satan's influence came from having God's Spirit, relying on the power of that Spirit, and applying what the scriptures taught. If Jesus had any inherent goodness in Himself, then it would be completely unfair for Him to command people to follow His example.

I can certainly agree that it's highly unlikely that someone will do a perfect job at keeping God's commandments because the original apostles didn't, but "unlikely" is far from being the same thing as "impossible".

Abraham certainly didn't tell God that it was impossible when God commanded Him to be blameless in His sight. No matter how many times David messed up, he continued to strive towards moral perfection, and he asked God to help him reach that standard of perfection. If those men refused to believe it was impossible, no one who truly knows God would think that it's impossible either.

It is as simple as this sir, no human other than Jesus remained sinless through their lives. It is in fact impossible for us to be sinless. Abraham was declared righteous, as many of us will be, but he was a sinner as well. But the good news is, that one day every living human will be perfect, and then sin will be a choice, as it was for Adam.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

PSALM 100:1-5

PSALM 34:1-9

AND HE DELIVERS THEM.

PSALM 111:1-5

1 PRAISE THE LORD.

PSALM 95:1-7

7 FOR HE IS OUR GOD

PSALM 92:1-8

FOOLS DO NOT UNDERSTAND,

PSALM 7:17

I WILL SING THE PRAISES OF THE NAME OF THE LORD MOST HIGH.PSALM 103:1-6, 22

PSALM 89:5-8

PSALM 89:14-18

AMEN AND AMEN.

PSALM 117:1-2

PRAISE THE LORD!

PSALM 139:13-17

I KNOW THAT FULL WELL.
Thank you for the reminder...
do you suppose that is Joe?

You are correct Joe, Mary was sinful, but Jesus Father is not.[/QUOTE]

Robert, which bible version are you reading from?
The JW"S?
Joh 1:1 Ἐν In The G1722 PREP ἀρχῇ Beginning G746 N-DSF ἦν Was G2258 V-IXI-3S ὁ The G3588 T-NSM λόγος Word, G3056 N-NSM καὶ And G2532 CONJ ὁ The G3588 T-NSM λόγος Word G3056 N-NSM ἦν Was G2258 V-IXI-3S πρὸς With G4314 PREP τὸν G3588 T-ASM θεόν God, G2316 N-ASM καὶ And G2532 CONJ θεὸς God G2316 N-NSM ἦν Was G2258 V-IXI-3S ὁ The G3588 T-NSM λόγος Word. G3056 N-NSM

Bereshis (in the Beginning) was the Dvar Hashem [YESHAYAH 55:11; BERESHIS 1:1], and the Dvar Hashem was agav (along with) Hashem [MISHLE 8:30; 30:4], and the Dvar Hashem was nothing less, by nature, than Elohim! [Psa 56:11(10); Yn 17:5; Rev. 19:13]

Joh 1:2 Bereshis (in the Beginning) this Dvar Hashem was with..pros to pros.. Hashem [Prov 8:30].
OJB

This same Word not only was coeternal with God in respect of being (ἦν, was), but was eternally in active communion with Him (in the beginning with God: προ,ς τὸν Θεὸν): “not simply the Word with God, but God with God”

How much clearer can this be? Robert?

Blessings
J.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who wants to contradict God's laws and Jesus' words to willfully practice lawlessness is no brother/sister of mine, so i can assure you that this pathetic attempt at guilt-tripping me into silence won't work. I am not one of those people that subscribes to the idea that everybody who claims to be a Christian is who they say they are. And since you want to throw Paul's principles around, i have one for you:

Well your presumptuousness aside, I am not trying to guilt trip you! I am just telling you what Scripture says in its priniciples. If one cannot bearf the sight of a Christmas tree or an Easter egg, thinking they they in and of themself are inherently evil then that is their choice and I de3fend it! But if a believer celebrates Christ with a tree or egg, as Pual said as their was nothing wrong with eating meat offered to idols, then there is nothing wrong with rejoicing in the Lord with festive trappings. It is the value placed on these objects which makes them evil and not the objects themselves.

The Paul that exists in the Bible says expose the works of darkness for what they are, not repurpose them, remain silent about them, or make excuses for people who want to continue engaging in them. That's not an "opinion". That's a fact, and it's not going to change because you are arrogant enough to believe that no one is supposed to challenge you on your ridiculous theology. If you're going to call yourself a Christian, the only acceptable method of worship is the kind God commanded.

And I agree with this passage 100%, but not how wish it to mean but how Paul wrote it!

Ephesians 5
King James Version

5 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

YOu take that verse out of its context and try to redefine it- that is twisting the Scriptures!

Celebrating the Lord with a Christmas tree is not works of darkness but a symbol of celebration! Now if you had a tree and were secretly worshipping Bacchus or Saturnalia or the god of materialism, I wholeheartedly agree with you!

If you wish not to have a Christmas tree, or yule log or sing anyone of the hundreds of old hymns that the music was repurposed from bar drinking songs and given Christian lyrics to them- by all means you are free to abstain. But if you wish to condemn brethren who are free to celebrate the Lord with all these repurposed things- that doesn't make you spiritual, it just makes you a Pharisee, or as Paul said

Romans 14
King James Version

Be strong and learn that God looks at the heart and not the external. Legalists and the spiritually immature judge by what they see!

So you do not think me a brother in christ, so be it. Have the last word, I do not wish you to spoil your garments talking with a wolf in sheeps clothing then.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him” (1 John
2:4). How plain and pointed is that language! How awful its clear intimation! Do you not see, dear reader, this
verse plainly implies that there are those who claim to know Christ, and yet are liars? The father of lies has
deceived them, and he is doing everything in his power to keep them from being undeceived. That is why the
unregenerate reader finds this article so unpalatable, and wishes to turn from it. O resist this inclination, we
beseech you. God has given us this very verse by which we may measure ourselves, and discover whether or not
our “assurance of salvation” will stand the test of His Holy Word. Then act not like the silly ostrich, which buries
his head in the sand, rather than face his danger.
Let us quote one more verse from this first “we know” passage in John’s Epistle: “But whoso keepeth His
Word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him” (1 John 2:5). This stands
in sharp contrast from the preceding verse. The Apostle was here moved to set before us some clear Scriptural
evidences of spiritual faith and love, within constitute the vital difference between sheep and goats. In verse 4 it
is the empty professor who says, “I know Christ as my personal Saviour.” He has a theoretical, but not a vital
knowledge of Him.

He boasts that he is resting on Christ’s finished work, and is confident that he is saved: but
keeps not His commandments. He is still a self-pleaser.
Like Solomon’s sluggard, he is “wiser in his own conceits
than seven men that can render a reason” (Prov. 26:16). He talks boldly, but walks carelessly.
In verse 5 it is the genuine Christian who is in view. He does not say, “I know Him,” instead, he proves it. The
Apostle is not here presenting Christ as the immediate Object of faith, but is describing him who has savingly
fled to the Lord for refuge, and this, by the effects produced. In him Christ’s Word is everything: his food, his
constant meditation, his chart. He “keeps” it in memory, in heart, in action. Christ’s “commandments” occupy his
thoughts and prayers as much as do His promises. That Word working in him subdues his carnal desires, feeds
his graces, and draws them into real exercise and action. That Word has such a place in his heart and mind that he
cannot but give proof of the same in his talk and walk. In this way the “love of God is perfected”: the Family
likeness is plainly stamped upon him. All can see to which “father” he belongs—contrast John 8:44.
“Whoso keepeth His Word . . . hereby (in this way) know we that we are in Him.” Keep His Word perfectly?
No. But actually, characteristically, in deep desire and honest effort to do so? Yes. Regeneration is that miracle of
Divine grace wrought in the soul which enlists the affections Godwards—which brings the human will into
subjection to the Divine—and which produces a real and radical change in the life. That change is from
worldliness to godliness, from disobedience to obedience. At the new birth the love of God is shed abroad in the
heart by the Holy Spirit, and that love is manifested in a dominating longing and sincere purpose to please in all
things the One who has plucked me as a brand from the burning. There is a greater difference between the
genuine Christian and the deceived professing Christian than there is between a living man and a corpse. None
need remain in doubt if they will honestly measure themselves by the Holy Word of God.
Pink.
Yes, some people sin and then can't figure out why they are unhappy.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin has always been a choice Robert. If it were not a choice, then we could excuse it.

I cannot say I agree with this Back, it is true that as a compass adult I certainly have a choice as to commit a serious sin or not, but humans are born in sin sir. An infant has no capability of choice, yet they are sinners. A righteous God however can not hold them accountable in my opinion at any rate, until they reach the age of accountability. And that age varies with individuals, as you likely realize some humans will never reach that age, and will remain incapable their entire lives.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I cannot say I agree with this Back, it is true that as a compass adult I certainly have a choice as to commit a serious sin or not, but humans are born in sin sir. An infant has no capability of choice, yet they are sinners. A righteous God however can not hold them accountable in my opinion at any rate, until they reach the age of accountability. And that age varies with individuals, as you likely realize some humans will never reach that age, and will remain incapable their entire lives.
We are born with the propensity to sin, yes. But those who are born again, those who are now new creatures in Christ, whose old man, the fleshly carnal nature died with Jesus upon the cross and now being risen with Him having power to overcome, being filled with the Spirit of the Almighty God, and like Jesus, united with divinity, not only have a choice (as humans always have had) but now the power to make the correct choice, having the option to call upon the Savior when tempted, who will not allow any to be tempted beyond what they are capable of walking away from.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him” (1 John
2:4). How plain and pointed is that language! How awful its clear intimation! Do you not see, dear reader, this
verse plainly implies that there are those who claim to know Christ, and yet are liars? The father of lies has
deceived them, and he is doing everything in his power to keep them from being undeceived. That is why the
unregenerate reader finds this article so unpalatable, and wishes to turn from it. O resist this inclination, we
beseech you. God has given us this very verse by which we may measure ourselves, and discover whether or not
our “assurance of salvation” will stand the test of His Holy Word. Then act not like the silly ostrich, which buries
his head in the sand, rather than face his danger.
Let us quote one more verse from this first “we know” passage in John’s Epistle: “But whoso keepeth His
Word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him” (1 John 2:5). This stands
in sharp contrast from the preceding verse. The Apostle was here moved to set before us some clear Scriptural
evidences of spiritual faith and love, within constitute the vital difference between sheep and goats. In verse 4 it
is the empty professor who says, “I know Christ as my personal Saviour.” He has a theoretical, but not a vital
knowledge of Him.

He boasts that he is resting on Christ’s finished work, and is confident that he is saved: but
keeps not His commandments. He is still a self-pleaser.
Like Solomon’s sluggard, he is “wiser in his own conceits
than seven men that can render a reason” (Prov. 26:16). He talks boldly, but walks carelessly.
In verse 5 it is the genuine Christian who is in view. He does not say, “I know Him,” instead, he proves it. The
Apostle is not here presenting Christ as the immediate Object of faith, but is describing him who has savingly
fled to the Lord for refuge, and this, by the effects produced. In him Christ’s Word is everything: his food, his
constant meditation, his chart. He “keeps” it in memory, in heart, in action. Christ’s “commandments” occupy his
thoughts and prayers as much as do His promises. That Word working in him subdues his carnal desires, feeds
his graces, and draws them into real exercise and action. That Word has such a place in his heart and mind that he
cannot but give proof of the same in his talk and walk. In this way the “love of God is perfected”: the Family
likeness is plainly stamped upon him. All can see to which “father” he belongs—contrast John 8:44.
“Whoso keepeth His Word . . . hereby (in this way) know we that we are in Him.” Keep His Word perfectly?
No. But actually, characteristically, in deep desire and honest effort to do so? Yes. Regeneration is that miracle of
Divine grace wrought in the soul which enlists the affections Godwards—which brings the human will into
subjection to the Divine—and which produces a real and radical change in the life. That change is from
worldliness to godliness, from disobedience to obedience. At the new birth the love of God is shed abroad in the
heart by the Holy Spirit, and that love is manifested in a dominating longing and sincere purpose to please in all
things the One who has plucked me as a brand from the burning. There is a greater difference between the
genuine Christian and the deceived professing Christian than there is between a living man and a corpse. None
need remain in doubt if they will honestly measure themselves by the Holy Word of God.
Pink.
More silly hogwash! This is the sin of presumption. How does any man know the heart and mind of another man, much less most Christians. This is the kind of Masonic arrogance that cast Lucifer to the ground.