Mother Teresa

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Mother Teresa in heaven?

• Total voters

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then please, give us a lessen in any of your quotes as to where the Gospel is.
I don't think you know the Gospel.
The catholic church never taught it, did they?
Tell you what - why don't you print out a copy of the quotes I posted?
Then, go into your attic, find a copy of a family Bible that might be tucked away somewhere and dust it off. Now, open it up - and you'll see how closely her words mirror the Gospel.

Let me know if you need help with the big words . . .

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Mother Teresa ever get saved?
Hey Brother Allan. Long time no see. I can only say that Jesus died for her just as He did for us. Did she ever once call upon His name? I sure hope so; she was a blessing to many in her works, but as to being a saint, all in Christ are saints.

How are we saved? Any one of the various following scriptures, although the first I list is probably the easiest for most to understand because it even explains the reasoning.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?
(Many soldiers in foxholes were saved with such crying out to our Lord.)

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved . .

Joh 3:16 . . whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Act_2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins . .

Act 16:31 . . Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . .

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess (or say) with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Blessing in Christ Jesus. :)

Reactions: Willie T and Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Brother Allan. Long time no see. I can only say that Jesus died for her just as He did for us. Did she ever once call upon His name? I sure hope so; she was a blessing to many in her works, but as to being a saint, all in Christ are saints.

How are we saved? Any one of the various following scriptures, although the first I list is probably the easiest for most to understand because it even explains the reasoning.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?
(Many soldiers in foxholes were saved with such crying out to our Lord.)

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved . .

Joh 3:16 . . whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Act_2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins . .

Act 16:31 . . Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . .

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess (or say) with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Blessing in Christ Jesus. :)
Hi Larry, that's an interesting point.
Is there anywhere on record where she baptized anyone in the name of Jesus?

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anywhere on record where she baptized anyone in the name of Jesus?
There was no need to for her to be saved. All she had to do was believe. Even Paul wrote the following scripture.
1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was no need to for her to be saved. All she had to do was believe. Even Paul wrote the following scripture.
1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
Can't argue with you Larry
You're the man

Reactions: Nancy and larry2

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Soooo - you DON'T have to follow the Gospel?
You DON'T have to be obedient?
You DON'T have to accept God's gift?

I that what you're saying??
Not at all. What I am saying is that there is a proper sequence to what is revealed regarding salvation.
1. Obedience to the Gospel -- repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21) for justification.
(This is where the gift of eternal life is received when one receives Christ as Lord and Savior. This is also when the New Birth occurs).
2. Water baptism for believers (Mt 28:18-20) -- the old life is dead
3. Becoming disciples -- the new life starts becoming a reality
4. Obedience to Christ's commands for sanctification -- ongoing.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Salvation by grace though faith in the Person and finished work of Christ.

Sanctification comes AFTER justification, but sinners are justified by God's grace, and the perfect righteousness of Christ is imputed to them at the same time.
I agree with the second paragraph.

Is there some scripture that states, from Jesus since we're talking about what HE said, that shows HE said that all we need is faith through grace and we would be saved?

I seem to remember that He preached that we are to do good works or deeds and even behave in a certain way to enter into and remain in the Kingdom of God.
We cannot even SEE the Kingdom of God unless we're born again...
John 3:3

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
How can anyone get to heaven if 1. they never hear the Gospel, .2 They are told any religion will get you to heaven, and 3. all they see is good works.
Has our way to get to heaven changed?
Heaven's to Betsy!
We got New Age Gospel right here on the forum!
No New Age.

1. How do you know Mother Teresa never heard the gospel? She was a nun for goodness sake. Nuns are well-versed in theology. They know what gets us saved.

2. Any religion will get us into heaven...So are you saying only Christians are going to heaven? What about people in Asia that believe in God but never heard of Jesus?

3. What's wrong with good works? You're gonna jump on the bandwagon too?
We're SUPPOSED to do good works/deeds. This is all Jesus spoke of.

Our way to get to heaven is the same as it's always been.

1. Believe in God.
2. Trust in Jesus for our salvation.
3. Obey what Jesus said.

John 3:36
Luke 6:46

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You don't know that to be true.
Let's find out how many people she brought to Christ with the truth of His Word, and compare that to any street preacher in the world.

she was such a dang good catholic, we don't even consider her spiritual life.
James 14-17
14What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
She had a lifetime to promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ to everyone she met.
But she didn't.
I wonder if she ever understood the Gospel herself.
She prayed with these persons. She SHOWED them the gospel.
How could you possibly know she didn't?
How could you be so upset with someone that did so much good?

Read Come Be My Light.
You might change your mind about her.

We should let go of our anger with some churches.
We're all brothers in Christ.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No New Age.

1. How do you know Mother Teresa never heard the gospel? She was a nun for goodness sake. Nuns are well-versed in theology. They know what gets us saved.

2. Any religion will get us into heaven...So are you saying only Christians are going to heaven? What about people in Asia that believe in God but never heard of Jesus?

3. What's wrong with good works? You're gonna jump on the bandwagon too?
We're SUPPOSED to do good works/deeds. This is all Jesus spoke of.

Our way to get to heaven is the same as it's always been.

1. Believe in God.
2. Trust in Jesus for our salvation.
3. Obey what Jesus said.

John 3:36
Luke 6:46
Yes Mother GodsGrace
Whatever you say
And please use a bigger more colorful font size
I have difficulty reading your small print

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with the second paragraph.

Is there some scripture that states, from Jesus since we're talking about what HE said, that shows HE said that all we need is faith through grace and we would be saved?

I seem to remember that He preached that we are to do good works or deeds and even behave in a certain way to enter into and remain in the Kingdom of God.

We cannot even SEE the Kingdom of God unless we're born again...
John 3:3
As much as I agree with much of what you say, it is the little additions of careless slips like this that have me ultimately siding with Alan.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preaching the gospel is good to do.
But that's not what gets you into heaven.
Following the gospel is what gets you into heaven.

Believing in the gospel is what gets sinners saved.

Following Him by faith as our Good Shepherd in helping us to follow Him & bear fruit is how one gets received by the Bridegroom to join Him at the Marriage Supper table at the pre great trib rapture as a vessel unto honor in His House. Running that race is not for salvation, but for being received by the Bridegroom. Believing in Him is how one is received by the Saviour. Not every one believing in Him will be abiding in Him to be received as His disciple, but they are still His wherein they will be received later on as vessels unto dishonor in His House.

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. What I am saying is that there is a proper sequence to what is revealed regarding salvation.
1. Obedience to the Gospel -- repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21) for justification.
(This is where the gift of eternal life is received when one receives Christ as Lord and Savior. This is also when the New Birth occurs).
2. Water baptism for believers (Mt 28:18-20) -- the old life is dead
3. Becoming disciples -- the new life starts becoming a reality
4. Obedience to Christ's commands for sanctification -- ongoing.
Ummmm, NOT according to the Bible . . .

The Bible states that true faith to begin with is NOT simply about "believing". James 2:19 makes a point about this by saying that even the DEMONS believe and that without action, belief is worthless.

No - The Scriptures are clear that True faith = Belief + Obedience.

As for Water Baptism - it is for ALL in the household - young, old - even infants.
(Acts 2:39Acts 10:1-49, 11:13-14, Acts 16:23-33, 1 Cor. 1:16).
Jesus said that THIS is where rebirth occurs - NOT in "belief" (John 3:5)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Believing in the gospel is what gets sinners saved.

Following Him by faith as our Good Shepherd in helping us to follow Him & bear fruit is how one gets received by the Bridegroom to join Him at the Marriage Supper table at the pre great trib rapture as a vessel unto honor in His House. Running that race is not for salvation, but for being received by the Bridegroom. Believing in Him is how one is received by the Saviour. Not every one believing in Him will be abiding in Him to be received as His disciple, but they are still His wherein they will be received later on as vessels unto dishonor in His House.
I've never heard any of the above before.
1. What does it mean to believe in the gospel? What does the gospel say?
2. What does it mean to follow Him by faith?
3. What does it mean to bear fruit?
4. Are there some verse I could read about running to be received by the groom?

I thought we were running to get into heaven.
Also, you make a commen I can't understand.
"Not everyone believing in Him will be abiding in Him".

How could this be? If I believe in Him, wouldn't I abide in Him?