Mother Teresa

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Mother Teresa in heaven?

• Total voters

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never heard any of the above before.
1. What does it mean to believe in the gospel? What does the gospel say?

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

2. What does it mean to follow Him by faith?

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself ( as being able to follow Him because no matter how much the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak ), and take up his cross daily ( it is not we who live but Christ in us as we are crucified with Christ ), and follow me ( trusting Him as your Good Shepherd ). When a person ask you to follow him, he is really asking you to trust Him to lead you in the way that is good for you.

I used to live by doing the best I can in keeping my commitment to follow Christ. No more. He has set me free from that vanity and futility to rely on Him as my Good Shepherd all the time for following Him and that speaks to my faith alone in Him for how He helps me to follow Him. And yes.. I need His help to keep my eyes and dependence on Him all the time too. I trust Him as my Good Shepherd to do this.

3. What does it mean to bear fruit?

To bear fruits as His disciples, but that also includes being pruned from time to time to bear more fruit. The fruits of the Spirit are His workmanship that comes by Jesus Christ ( Philippians 1:11 ) as our confidence and faith is in Him to finish it ( Philippians 1:6 )

4. Are there some verse I could read about running to be received by the groom?

Running that race and the consequences for not being received by Him aka the Bridegroom can be found in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 and Hebrews 1:1-29 and Luke 14:15-33 and Luke 12:40-49. He warns the churches in Revelation in the same way and the invitation to come to the Bridegroom ( Revelation 22:17 ) is to avoid the great tribulation ( Revelation 2:21-23 ). So His warnings to be found abiding in Him as His disciple as well as being willing to leave when it is time to attend the King's Supper is the Bridegroom calling the bride to come.

I thought we were running to get into heaven.

If you are running for salvation, then you are denying you are saved. If you are running as a saved believer trusting Him as your Good Shepherd to help you lay aside every weight & sin to be received by the Bridegroom..then you are in the hope of being raptured to Heaven to have a seat at the Marriage Supper table in escaping the fire coming on the earth and as a result, the coming great tribulation ( Luke 21:33-36 ).

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Also, you make a commen I can't understand.
"Not everyone believing in Him will be abiding in Him".

How could this be? If I believe in Him, wouldn't I abide in Him?

Some believers will sow to the works of the flesh and reap corruption and so no.. not every believer will be found abiding in Him. Part of the works of the flesh is heresy also known as works of iniquity ( Titus 1:15-16 ) religious works or even supernatural works that deny Him ( 1 Timothy 4:1-2 ) and they can be left behind too ( Matthew 7:21-23 & Luke 13:24-30 ) Any work that denies Him, they will be denied ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ) BUT even former believers that get left behind are still His ( 2 Timothy 2:13 ) and so unless they want to be forever a vessel unto dishonor in His House, they best go before that throne of grace for help in discerning iniquity and His help in departing from iniquity before the Bridegroom comes. 1 John 3:3 & 1 John 3:8 & 2 Timothy 4:18 & Jude 1:24-25

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've never heard any of the above before.
1. What does it mean to believe in the gospel? What does the gospel say?
2. What does it mean to follow Him by faith?
3. What does it mean to bear fruit?
4. Are there some verse I could read about running to be received by the groom?

I thought we were running to get into heaven.

Jesusisfaithful said it better than me. :)

1) Believing the gospel = GOOD News ...is Emanuel God with us. The perfect Lamb sent to redeem all mankind.
Which as we know becomes 'God in us! '

2) We have to follow by faith, because we cannot follow by sight. Only by spiritual insight into all that He is and has done.

3) You and I have been around this mulberry bush before :)
Fruit is the good works of faith. ( not good works to earn something.
We love Him, and the fruit of love is how we live in this world toward others
( works)

Running to get to 'heaven' would be salvation by works...we run because we love, we run to reach the goal ( "I go to prepare a place for you." )
Some get there...but do not fill the Place that is chosen as our destiny.
We are not running to beat each other there, but we run against ourself...to attain the high-calling. Bridehood.
Not all the Church are in the Bride.....

I believe you already know all this :)

It's so nice to see you back here...I have missed you. ...H

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself ( as being able to follow Him because no matter how much the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak ), and take up his cross daily ( it is not we who live but Christ in us as we are crucified with Christ ), and follow me ( trusting Him as your Good Shepherd ). When a person ask you to follow him, he is really asking you to trust Him to lead you in the way that is good for you.

I used to live by doing the best I can in keeping my commitment to follow Christ. No more. He has set me free from that vanity and futility to rely on Him as my Good Shepherd all the time for following Him and that speaks to my faith alone in Him for how He helps me to follow Him. And yes.. I need His help to keep my eyes and dependence on Him all the time too. I trust Him as my Good Shepherd to do this.

To bear fruits as His disciples, but that also includes being pruned from time to time to bear more fruit. The fruits of the Spirit are His workmanship that comes by Jesus Christ ( Philippians 1:11 ) as our confidence and faith is in Him to finish it ( Philippians 1:6 )

Running that race and the consequences for not being received by Him aka the Bridegroom can be found in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 and Hebrews 1:1-29 and Luke 14:15-33 and Luke 12:40-49. He warns the churches in Revelation in the same way and the invitation to come to the Bridegroom ( Revelation 22:17 ) is to avoid the great tribulation ( Revelation 2:21-23 ). So His warnings to be found abiding in Him as His disciple as well as being willing to leave when it is time to attend the King's Supper is the Bridegroom calling the bride to come.

If you are running for salvation, then you are denying you are saved. If you are running as a saved believer trusting Him as your Good Shepherd to help you lay aside every weight & sin to be received by the Bridegroom..then you are in the hope of being raptured to Heaven to have a seat at the Marriage Supper table in escaping the fire coming on the earth and as a result, the coming great tribulation ( Luke 21:33-36 ).

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Some believers will sow to the works of the flesh and reap corruption and so no.. not every believer will be found abiding in Him. Part of the works of the flesh is heresy also known as works of iniquity ( Titus 1:15-16 ) religious works or even supernatural works that deny Him ( 1 Timothy 4:1-2 ) and they can be left behind too ( Matthew 7:21-23 & Luke 13:24-30 ) Any work that denies Him, they will be denied ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ) BUT even former believers that get left behind are still His ( 2 Timothy 2:13 ) and so unless they want to be forever a vessel unto dishonor in His House, they best go before that throne of grace for help in discerning iniquity and His help in departing from iniquity before the Bridegroom comes. 1 John 3:3 & 1 John 3:8 & 2 Timothy 4:18 & Jude 1:24-25
Hi JIF
I'm very happy that you've come to know Jesus so well.
I have two comments:

When I said that I thought we were running to get to heaven, I said that because you said we were running to get to a dinner party ! and I've never heard that before. It's not very important, what you said is OK.

Honestly, I don't understand your last paragraph. It might be because it's late here and I'm tired and I'm sorry I may have to be away a couple of days and can't get into this right now. Hope we can continue in the late part of the week.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesusisfaithful said it better than me. :)

1) Believing the gospel = GOOD News ...is Emanuel God with us. The perfect Lamb sent to redeem all mankind.
Which as we know becomes 'God in us! '

2) We have to follow by faith, because we cannot follow by sight. Only by spiritual insight into all that He is and has done.

3) You and I have been around this mulberry bush before :)
Fruit is the good works of faith. ( not good works to earn something.
We love Him, and the fruit of love is how we live in this world toward others
( works)

Running to get to 'heaven' would be salvation by works...we run because we love, we run to reach the goal ( "I go to prepare a place for you." )
Some get there...but do not fill the Place that is chosen as our destiny.
We are not running to beat each other there, but we run against ourself...to attain the high-calling. Bridehood.
Not all the Church are in the Bride.....

I believe you already know all this :)

It's so nice to see you back here...I have missed you. ...H
Hi H
Yes, I actually agree with all you've said, but the other poster was speaking about running to get to the banquet. I may not have even understood him since I've never heard this before. Also, I don't know much about the end times, eschatology and all that - so I'm really ignorant about that. I pick up bits of information here and there in these discussions.

Nice to see you again too!
Blessings

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Me too!

Not that I believe that heaven has any redeemed soul there yet. But I have no doubt at all that she will be among the number ...when the roll is called up yonder, she'll be there. :)

Whatever you are doing in the next few days...be blessed.

.......Helen

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but did she ever preach the Gospel?
You pick and choose errors of post enlightenment cults, blend them up to make your own church of one, deny the resurrection of the dead, throw poop on one of the greatest saints of this century, then qualify yourself to ask this question. You haven't the first clue of what the gospel is. I'll give you one clue:
"Whatever you do for the least of mine, that you do to Me"
Rollo, you may have seen this 1000 times, but evidently you don't understand it. It's in the gospels. The gospel St.M.Teresa preached with her life, the gospel you don't seem to be familiar with.

✦ In 1946, Mother Teresa received a divine message, possibly an intuition, after which she decided to devote her life to the betterment of society. In 1948, she started working with the poor. She soon became an Indian citizen and toured to different parts of India to uplift the downtrodden.

✦ In 1950, she was granted permission to establish the diocesan congregation, which would work for those, whom she described as "the hungry, the naked, the homeless, the crippled, the blind, the lepers and all those people who feel unwanted, unloved, uncared for throughout society, people that have become a burden to the society and are shunned by everyone". The congregation extended far and came to be known as the 'Missionaries of Charity', one of the very big organizations with centers all around the world.

✦ In 1952, she founded the first Home for the Dying in India. Later, she converted an unused Hindu temple into the Kalighat Home for the Dying. People from all religions were accepted into Kalighat, where they would receive medical attention and care. She soon opened a home for lepers in Shanti Nagar. In 1955, Mother Teresa went on to open the Nirmala Shishu Bhavan, a home for the orphaned and homeless children.

✦ The Missionaries of Charity established by Mother Teresa grew to reach different parts of India. It opened several orphanages and leper houses across India, and later, in different parts of the world. The first house of the Missionaries of Charity that was established outside India was the one in Venezuela, which was opened in 1965. By 2007, the Missionaries of Charity had established 600 missions, schools, and homes in 120 nations and had thousands of nuns working for it.

✦ In 1962, Mother Teresa was awarded the Padma Shri, followed by the Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding in 1972 and the Bharat Ratna in 1980.

✦ She was honored with the Philippines-based Ramon Magsaysay Award for International Understanding in 1962.

✦ In 1971, she received the Pope John XXIII Peace Prize from Pope Paul VI.

✦ She was honored with the Pacem in Terris Award in 1976.

✦ For her struggle to overcome poverty and remove the sorrow and suffering from society, Mother Teresa was awarded the Noble Peace Prize. She selflessly donated an amount of $192,000 to India to be used for the uplifting of the poor in the country. According to her, rewards were important only if they would help her work for the helpless.

✦ 18 times during her life, the yearly Gallup's most admired man and woman poll named her as one of the ten women around the world that Americans admired most.

✦ In 1999, she topped the Gallup's List of Most Widely Admired People of the 20th Century.

✦ She was beatified in 2003. On beatification, she earned the title blessed, and came to be known as the Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.

✦ October 19, observed as Mother Teresa Day, is a public holiday in Albania.

✦ Memorial House of Mother Teresa was opened in 2009 in Skopje, Macedonia.

✦ Many universities and educational institutes in India have been named after her.

✦ On August 26, 2010, Indian Railways launched a train called "Mother Express" to commemorate her.

✦ In 2013, the United Nations General Assembly declared September 5 as the International Day of Charity to honor Mother Teresa.

Mother Teresa left for heavenly abode on September 5, 1997. She has always proved to be an epitome of humanity and continues to be admired by people the world over.

There are very few people here that take you seriously, Rolo. Grow up.

images

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You pick and choose errors of post enlightenment cults, blend them up to make your own church of one, deny the resurrection of the dead, throw poop on one of the greatest saints of this century, then qualify yourself to ask this question. You haven't the first clue of what the gospel is. I'll give you one clue:
"Whatever you do for the least of mine, that you do to Me"
Rollo, you may have seen this 1000 times, but evidently you don't understand it. It's in the gospels. The gospel St.M.Teresa preached with her life, the gospel you don't seem to be familiar with.

✦ In 1946, Mother Teresa received a divine message, possibly an intuition, after which she decided to devote her life to the betterment of society. In 1948, she started working with the poor. She soon became an Indian citizen and toured to different parts of India to uplift the downtrodden.

✦ In 1950, she was granted permission to establish the diocesan congregation, which would work for those, whom she described as "the hungry, the naked, the homeless, the crippled, the blind, the lepers and all those people who feel unwanted, unloved, uncared for throughout society, people that have become a burden to the society and are shunned by everyone". The congregation extended far and came to be known as the 'Missionaries of Charity', one of the very big organizations with centers all around the world.

✦ In 1952, she founded the first Home for the Dying in India. Later, she converted an unused Hindu temple into the Kalighat Home for the Dying. People from all religions were accepted into Kalighat, where they would receive medical attention and care. She soon opened a home for lepers in Shanti Nagar. In 1955, Mother Teresa went on to open the Nirmala Shishu Bhavan, a home for the orphaned and homeless children.

✦ The Missionaries of Charity established by Mother Teresa grew to reach different parts of India. It opened several orphanages and leper houses across India, and later, in different parts of the world. The first house of the Missionaries of Charity that was established outside India was the one in Venezuela, which was opened in 1965. By 2007, the Missionaries of Charity had established 600 missions, schools, and homes in 120 nations and had thousands of nuns working for it.

✦ In 1962, Mother Teresa was awarded the Padma Shri, followed by the Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding in 1972 and the Bharat Ratna in 1980.

✦ She was honored with the Philippines-based Ramon Magsaysay Award for International Understanding in 1962.

✦ In 1971, she received the Pope John XXIII Peace Prize from Pope Paul VI.

✦ She was honored with the Pacem in Terris Award in 1976.

✦ For her struggle to overcome poverty and remove the sorrow and suffering from society, Mother Teresa was awarded the Noble Peace Prize. She selflessly donated an amount of $192,000 to India to be used for the uplifting of the poor in the country. According to her, rewards were important only if they would help her work for the helpless.

✦ 18 times during her life, the yearly Gallup's most admired man and woman poll named her as one of the ten women around the world that Americans admired most.

✦ In 1999, she topped the Gallup's List of Most Widely Admired People of the 20th Century.

✦ She was beatified in 2003. On beatification, she earned the title blessed, and came to be known as the Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.

✦ October 19, observed as Mother Teresa Day, is a public holiday in Albania.

✦ Memorial House of Mother Teresa was opened in 2009 in Skopje, Macedonia.

✦ Many universities and educational institutes in India have been named after her.

✦ On August 26, 2010, Indian Railways launched a train called "Mother Express" to commemorate her.

✦ In 2013, the United Nations General Assembly declared September 5 as the International Day of Charity to honor Mother Teresa.

Mother Teresa left for heavenly abode on September 5, 1997. She has always proved to be an epitome of humanity and continues to be admired by people the world over.

There are very few people here that take you seriously, Rolo. Grow up.

images
I know all of the above to be true.
She continued her work even when she did not "feel" the help from Jesus.
Her dark night of the soul, I believe it's called if I remember.
She said she would continue in her work as if Jesus were speaking to her.
Sometimes we don't hear from Him for long periods. It doesn't mean He's not there. Maybe He knows we could handle what we have on our own?

But, yes, anyone who did what she did, for WHATEVER reason, is to be admired.
I'd say she's a great example for all Christians.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Me too!

Not that I believe that heaven has any redeemed soul there yet. But I have no doubt at all that she will be among the number ...when the roll is called up yonder, she'll be there. :)

Whatever you are doing in the next few days...be blessed.

.......Helen
You don't believe anyone is in heaven??
Where do you think they are?

Reactions: Triumph1300

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What 4 stupid people voted yes for Mother Teresa to be in heaven?

If she believed in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God had raised Him from the dead, then she is saved. That foundation laid by Jesus Christ cannot be removed. But as it is, no thanks to the works of catholicism and any other heresy she may have committed, any works that deny Him on that foundation, she will be denied her inheritance of being that vessel unto honor in His House to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven.

If she had repented on her deathbed, which I am not sure any one can confirm that, then she may yet be received by the Bridegroom.

As it is... since no saint has received their inheritance yet, she is with the Lord if she believed in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God had raised Him from the dead. If unrepentant of her iniquities, she will not inherit the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus, but shall be received as a vessel unto dishonor in His House after the great tribulation.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

She might be under the altar in Heaven with the Lord as I am wondering if the reason why they were told to wait in Revelation 6th chapter was because all those that have died as His up to the rapture, are being told to wait a little longer for their "glorified terrestrial inheritance" as vessels unto dishonor in His House because of the unrepentant brethren that got left behind to face the fire coming on the earth and the subsequent great tribulation as a result.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Do note that to the call to depart from iniquity is how one is received as a vessel unto honor in His House. Therefore, the vessels unto dishonor are those that did not depart from iniquity. It is considered a damnation to become that vessel unto dishonor in His House for why there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth over the loss of their first inheritance like Esau's loss, but like the prodigal son that had given up his first inheritance for wild living, and can never get it back, he is still son... the unrepentant saints will come Home for He is faithful for He still abides and thus cannot deny Himself as He will lose none of all the Father has given Him. That is why all works that deny Him ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ), will be burned up but they are saved ( 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 ) ; those that defile the Temple of God, their physical bodies will be destroyed.. hence physical death ( Revelation 2:21-23 ).

Why would the vessels unto dishonor be in His House? Because they testify to the power of God in salvation for all those that believe in Him, even in His name. ( John 1:12-13 ) But it is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Stripes will be coming for not repenting but even Luke 12:40-49 has Him acknowledging them as His servants still, and thus still saved. See the purpose in 1 Corinthians 5:4-5 for judging His House first ( 1 Peter 4:17-19 KJV only for the testimony of His faithfulness in keeping the souls of those saints left behind to suffer ) in that way at the pre great trib rapture event.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi JIF
I'm very happy that you've come to know Jesus so well.
I have two comments:

When I said that I thought we were running to get to heaven, I said that because you said we were running to get to a dinner party ! and I've never heard that before. It's not very important, what you said is OK.

Honestly, I don't understand your last paragraph. It might be because it's late here and I'm tired and I'm sorry I may have to be away a couple of days and can't get into this right now. Hope we can continue in the late part of the week.

Well, be sure to read the scriptural references in the KJV and with His help, you may understand where I am coming from in His words.