Movies, Musicals, and Broadway Night

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never saw this one either but I like the music. What's this one and the other one (I think The King and I) that you posted about?
Fiddler on the Roof is about a Jewish community in Russia under the Czars long before communism. The story very is good, but is also tragically sad because of the truth in it. The main character is a man with four daughters and no sons. Each of his daughters goes in a measure against tradition and against their father in order to marry. Their father bends because he loves them but the last daughter finally brings him to the breaking point. His knowledge of the scriptures is quite faulty and at times comical, purposely comical. While this drama between father and daughter is happening the Russians are pressing hard against the Jews starting with pogrom during one of the daughter's wedding celebration and moving on toward their exile from Russia altogether... I would recommend to it anyone...

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry guys for the delay I was busy watching mine. @Ziggy I'll watch yours shortly but has anybody ever seen The Greatest Showman before? :D @JohnDB loves that one and so do I. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yentl was a very good movie about a young Jewish girl who wanted to learn in a time and place where women did not do that... Her father taught her secretly but eventually she would pretend to be a young man in order to attend a school where only young men attended...

Reactions: Ziggy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never saw the ones you posted either lol.
The King and I I believe is about a teacher who is hired by the king of Siam?
It's been so long lol
West Side story about 2 gangs in chicago??
I have to watch them again, and the ones you posted lol
The gangs were in New York City, the lower level whites [white trash?] versus the Puerto Ricans... Race is an issue!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haven't deen this one either.
10 years trucking you miss a lot.
I got plenty of catching up to do lol

Well Chicago is difficult to understand but yeah,.. I realize the song lyrics aren't the greatest but the songs are catchy that's why I like them lol :D (I didn't know that you were a trucker though.)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yentl was a very good movie about a young Jewish girl who wanted to learn in a time and place where women did not do that... Her father taught her secretly but eventually she would pretend to be a young man in order to attend a school where only young men attended...

Another one of my all time favorites :)

Reactions: amadeus

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Chicago is difficult to understand but yeah,.. I realize the song lyrics aren't the greatest but the songs are catchy that's why I like them lol :D (I didn't know that you were a trucker though.)
My Ex husband was the driver. I couldn't get a CDL license because I have a bad eye. So I was the navigator, secretary, accountant, cook, lol
I learned how to tarp and bungie and use a forklift. Learned a lot about diesel engines too LOL
This was my life for 10 years on the road. Saw all 48 States. Mostly highways, cows, and corn LOL

iu

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Loved this one…I took my mum to see it when I was 16. :)
I saw it very many years ago in a movie theater. I couldn't tell how old I was... but it was years before I was married.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always loved her voice. Her acting is a bonus :)

I was honestly never a fan not because she was not talented, but because she rarely played roles in movies that interested me. They may have been good but I have not seen many. Yentl was an outstanding exception... and I saw it on TV.

Reactions: Helen and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was honestly never a fan not because she was not talented, but because she rarely played roles in movies that interested me. They may have been good but I have not seen many. Yentl was an outstanding exception... and I saw it on TV.
The Mirror has Two Faces is about a Bachelor man looking for a wife but with a platonic relationship.
He goes looking for an "ugly" woman so he won't be physically attracted.
They have a lot of things in common, mostly math ( they are both teachers) and fall in love.
But he insists on keeping the relationship platonic.
She decides she's going to change that.
It's a good story.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus