Music:Good And Bad

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus Freak

Apr 30, 2014
What is one artist that you listen to that people may find bad, or good?

I listen to KISS. "I wanna rock and roll all nite. And party everyday."

I love all the cool moves they do in their concerts. And no, I've never been to a concert of theirs.
And what I forgot to say is, what's your opinion about music in general? My opinion is that YOU are the one that needs to decide what YOU like, not what others want you to like.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
I think style-wise yes, it is our choice of course. But as Christians we are to hate sin, for our Heavenly Father does.

So as for lyrics I think this :

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Phil 4:8

May God Bless You ~ B)

Ps

I like the Beatles' early stuff. They sang about love in a romantic and monogamous manner. Later, they sucked. Drug lyrics and all that garbage. <_<

Most of 80's music was cool. It was the last decade where a song could be about a random topic, such as "I'm On A Mexican Radio", "She Blinded Me With Science", "Safety Dance," "Who Can It Be Now?"
When the 90's rolled around, THATS when the lyrics started to become about sex. :rolleyes: And it just snowballed from there.....

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be a big KISS fan when I was a child, and saw them twice in concert. I'm not much into them anymore (no other reason other than I just grew out of it). One thing that impresses me about them, which is just coming out over the past few years, is how serious they took their profession. Well, at least half of them did... They treated it as a business and took it seriously when the perceived image was "we're a party band, and we're going to have fun and do wild, stupid, destructive things."

These days I'm not seriously into music... I'd be hard pressed to name the 5 top acts. I tend to listen to gospel more than anything. Can't really name too many gospel artists either! I suppose if I had to name one musician I still enjoy (outside of gospel) it would be Garth Brooks, but I have to be in the mood for it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I like Maroon 5. They just have some catchy tunes but I do not have any cds of them or anything like that. They seem to be played a lot in the local supermarket.... ^_^ I like some secular music but most make me feel spiritually sick.

Secular music tends to excite and uplift our soul whereas worship/Gospel - God music uplifts our spirit. Since there is a constant battle between soul and Spirit Gal 5:16-17 I stick to the type of music that brings peace to my heart. I am reminded of an old story about two dogs. One is black and the other is white. Both dogs are equal in battle but the dog who wins, is the one who is fed the most ;)

Blessings!

Reactions: MyAngelsB4U

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
I listen to Christian hip hop from time to time. Not like I use to though. I know a lot will say that it is bad music but I beg to differ. It may not be for everyone and I will say that not all of it is true to God. Certain artists 'stay in line'...

Gospel artists I listen to... As God kinds pulled me even more closer to Him recently He turn me on to a young lady named Kari Jobe. Her music is very worshipful, and that's what I burn for. I've noticed it doesn't seem to fit "weaker" Christians style. Earlier on I probably wouldn't have listened.

Kim Walker-Smith, Bryan and Katie Torwalt, a few Jesus Culture songs... And I'm black.. From the "hood"... Still live there... They be like "what is he listening to?"... I tell you, God sent me this music. I can't explain it. Check them out for yourself.

Lee Williams and the Spiritual QC's, The Mighty Clouds of Joy, Juanita Bynum, The Mississippi Mass Choir, Rev. James Cleveland, Tye Tribbett, The Williams Sisters, Jessica Reedy, William McDowell, Donnie McClurkin, Mali Music, Tasha Cobbs, and the list goes on and on...

Got to add The Chicago Mass Choir... They have a song called "I pray we'll all be ready"... Check em out

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
You know i hate to be the bringer of bad news,But the rock group "kiss"was definently into satanism and the occult.you can check it out on you tube,or maybe someone will post a link to explain it better.