Muslim Beheadings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Naomi25

Good morning. I find that I must speak up against you post to Amadeus , post number #190

You judge bbyrd009 wrongly and harshly.
You claim that he speaks blasphemy and heresy...Yet that is YOUR interpretation of what he means.
Had you read many of his posts you would know, as many do....the point he is trying to make.

You say the return of Christ as one of his errors...the point he is trying to make is “He returned in the power of the Holy Spirit “...a catch phrase of bbyrd009 is “He never left” “He promised to NEVER leave us or forsake us” , “He is still here”.
And, as we know , and have lots of threads on this Site to confirm it...Many love to argue the point of the how, when, where, and what Christ’s return will actually be!!!
Why is bbyrd009 not allowed his own view and opinion of the when, how, and what of the return , of Someone who said they would never leave us.

I will echo Amadeus, “If bbyrd009 is a heretic, so am I.”
I too do not believe the very same way you believe...how many of us all believe in a cookie cutter way!
I have read your posts too...on the second coming and other Subjects you accuse him of , and your words against Amadeus for agreeing =
* Second coming,.... *the trinity , and the other subjects of his that you objected to...*Sin, and *Absolute Truth.etc
You are entitled to your opinion of biblical interpretation and so is he!

Just like Amadeus I too agree with bbyrd009 on much.
There is only ONE absolute Truth, and that is Christ Himself. The rest of us interpret the bible through a glass darkly , and stand on what we believe that God has shown us. Like Braklite said...Jesus is the ROCK...solid, absolute Truth.
I love my many bibles, but I do not elevate them to the forth place of the Godhead!! Much of what we claim to be Truth is “our truth” our opinion, our personal vision and view.

* On sin...God did not call us to talk about sin, too many believers are obsessed about sin, and not enough are obsessed about Him.
*On witnessing , I agree with him, most Christians should keep their mouths shut, and do the Lord a favour! The way most ‘ witness ‘ is a disaster. It makes me groan ...they don’t share The Good News of Jesus Christ and His gospel , but it’s Bad-News when some Christians open their mouth!

I could go on...but I have said enough.
If you click on bbyrd009 s avatar his profile page will show up...just click IGNOR ...it is easy to do.

Last edited:

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I belong to other forums but I have stopped visiting nearly all of them because they are so empty. I dread to consider that that might also happen here. Help us dear Lord.
Again, amen. I don’t post a lot here simply because I lack the time to do so. But I read posts here everyday for the last few years. As everyone surely already knows, Mark is one of my favorites. I was a very conservative Pentecostal when I first ran across him on another forum. I didn’t care much for the hippy, anarchist, laid back way he approached serious salvational issues as I seen them. Yet he was the first person on any forum that came to my defense even though he had nothing at all to gain. And I’ve watched him do that over the years many times. Although very misunderstood he is as Christian as anyone I’ve ever encountered on forums. Just not in the tradition sense. I think what’s happened here is that Mark read something in a verse that he thinks is there. And he isn’t the greatest at expressing his views with words the “established traditionalists” can understand. It would be a shame not to have him around here but many would probably welcome that change unfortunately. The moderators have been good at letting things play out on this forum and not been quick to cut people out. Hopefully he will be back soon and all this will be worked out.

Last edited:

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Naomi25

Good morning. I find that I must speak up against you post to Amadeus , post number #190

You claim that he speaks blasphemy and heresy...Yet that is YOUR interpretation of what he means.
Had you read many of his posts you would know, as many do....the point he is trying to make.

You say the return of Christ as one of his errors...the point he is trying to make is “He returned in the power of the Holy Spirit “...a catch phrase of bbyrd009 is “He never left” “He promised to NEVER leave us or forsake us” , “He is still here”.
And, as we know , and have lots of threads on this Site to confirm it...Many love to argue the point of the how, when, where, and what Christ’s return will actually be!!!
Why is bbyrd009 not allowed his own view and opinion of the when, how, and what of the return , of Someone who said they would never leave us.

I too do not believe the very same way you believe...how many of us all believe in a cookie cutter way!
I have read your posts too...on the second coming and other Subjects you accuse him of , and your words against Amadeus for agreeing =
* Second coming,.... *the trinity , and the other subjects of his that you objected to...*Sin, and *Absolute Truth.etc

There is only ONE absolute Truth, and that is Christ Himself. The rest of us interpret the bible through a glass darkly , and stand on what we believe that God has shown us. Like Braklite said...Jesus is the ROCK...solid, absolute Truth.
I love my many bibles, but I do not elevate them to the forth place of the Godhead!! Much of what we claim to be Truth is “our truth” our opinion, our personal vision and view.

* On sin...God did not call us to talk about sin, too many believers are obsessed about sin, and not enough are obsessed about Him.
*On witnessing , I agree with him, most Christians should keep their mouths shut, and do the Lord a favour! The way most ‘ witness ‘ is a disaster. It makes me groan ...they don’t share The Good News of Jesus Christ and His gospel , but it’s Bad-News when some Christians open their mouth!

If you click on bbyrd009 s avatar his profile page will show up...just click IGNOR ...it is easy to do.
Best post I’ve read here in a while. Amen sister.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i'm gonna be buried for the next while so i can't engage here like i would like, i'm sure i have some stuff to answer for here so i'll try to leave a summary for now, ok
suggested to me he was saying the Bible says Zeus/Jupiter is our Heavenly Father.
for now on this i would ask all to reflect on how these Zeus believers were being included in a way that say Dagon worshippers were not; iow they had the concept of "One God" even better than the Ninevites did? And really the point was about "Greek gods in your Bible," and how we use(abuse) Hades mythology.
You just have to understand he has a very different approach to discussing Christian doctrine than we do.
imo so does the Bible, and if you seek Death More Abundantly or Life, more abundantly you will find what you seek and reap what you sow in this life regardless, right?

so the thing about Zeus really means that even Cult of Sol worshippers with good works are accepted,
as strange as that prolly sounds, too. We will all be judged for our works done in the body, essentially.

"Christianity" is not the standard--even though we are taught that it is--and it is a very evil thing to teach that it is imo,
it is a way to mock God

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree...there is only ONE standard, and it isn't "Christianity"..and that standard is Jesus Christ. Amen!

Look how far off topic we are now in this thread! LOL
Aye, only one standard but many people, or even all people, do not understand who or what he is even though most people will say that they do. Are the answers in written scriptures? Certainly but readers of the scripture do understand what it is they read. They need a real interpreter from God to clarify for them:

Does the following verse apply?

"But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God." I Cor 14:28

Or this...?

"...Understandest thou what thou readest?
And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him" Acts 8:30-31

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I wanted to clarify a single statement.
why is Zeus/Jupiter in our Bibles as our Father

This example seems way out there, like something a troll would say to offend and garner attention. But perhaps there is a deeper meaning or careless of speach involved.

I'm sure everyone here holds some false doctrines, so I can hardly consider an error in interpretation blasphemy. At least not until it reaches core tenants of the faith. The bible being the word of God is listed in the rules as something that may be considered blasphemy, but it's inerrancy falls short of that standard. Without which we would have to exclude many Christians with liberal interpretations of certain scriptures.

Reactions: Nancy and Dave L

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wanted to clarify a single statement.

This example seems way out there, like something a troll would say to offend and garner attention. But perhaps there is a deeper meaning or careless of speach involved.

I'm sure everyone here holds some false doctrines, so I can hardly consider an error in interpretation blasphemy. At least not until it reaches core tenants of the faith. The bible being the word of God is listed in the rules as something that may be considered blasphemy, but it's inerrancy falls short of that standard. Without which we would have to exclude many Christians with liberal interpretations of certain scriptures.

I know this is meant for Mark ( bbyrd009) to answer for himself.
But I know he is in the middle of moving his mother from one State to another. So he may not be able to be around after today. Maybe he will see your post, I'm not sure.

All I can say is..for myself, when I read the Zeus/Jupiter comment I just presumed , as C.S Lewis showed clearly in "The Last Battle"
That many many in this life will be found to be worshipping some 'golden calf' , be it as it was on Mars Hill- " To the unknown God"
And then the words...' Let me show you Whom you are ignorantly worshipping."

Same with Zeus/Jupiter etc..many have no idea ( obviously some make a definite choice knowingly)

Anyway...C.S. Lewis helped me understand somewhat ,that within every doctrine, creed, cult, religion...there are those who believe that they are worshipping God the Father...Yet they do not know His true Name, or Nature...until He removes the scales from their eyes and says to them. - "You thought that was Me and My name , your heart thought it was Me, but you knew not in whom you believed...My Name The One True God"

That is what I thought he was saying.
( as we know, Mark is a man of few words. Unfortunately I usually have too many! )

Bless you for your faithful service and care over this Site.
We all appreciate you and you labour on here.
Helen

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you seek Death More Abundantly or Life, more abundantly you will find what you seek and reap what you sow in this life regardless, right?

Yes, Byrd. But by classifying my teaching faith in end-times prophecy on things like Armageddon as "seeking Death More Abundantly," you are accusing me of sinning. I believe you even mocked me for it by saying I had taken it upon myself as "my one [little] calling."
"Christianity" is not the standard--even though we are taught that it is--and it is a very evil thing to teach that it is imo,
it is a way to mock God

And this has been the problem between you and I on this entire thread. If you think I have no problems with modern "Christianity" you don't know me very well, trust me. I could send you links to over 80 Bible studies I've written that expose what we call modern "Christianity" on virtually every level, from doctrine to practice. In fact, if there's one theme I teach above all others it is that what we call modern "Christianity" today is for the most part a fraud, and in no way whatsoever resembles New Testament Christianity. You just seriously don't know me very well, LoL. I have not once in this thread (or anywhere else on this forum to my knowledge) argued that modern "Christianity" is the standard by which we or anyone else should go. It is yet another misrepresentation of what I believe, similar to what I was complaining about in Posts #86 and #99. Yet you keep trying to "make me think" about this as if it were something I didn't know. You were still doing so as of Post #133.

It is now page 12 of this thread. Can we please get past this, please?

Reactions: brakelite

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, Byrd. But by classifying my teaching faith in end-times prophecy on things like Armageddon as "seeking Death More Abundantly," you are accusing me of sinning. I believe you even mocked me for it by saying I had taken it upon myself as "my one [little] calling."

And this has been the problem between you and I on this entire thread. If you think I have no problems with modern "Christianity" you don't know me very well, trust me. I could send you links to over 80 Bible studies I've written that expose what we call modern "Christianity" on virtually every level, from doctrine to practice. In fact, if there's one theme I teach above all others it is that what we call modern "Christianity" today is for the most part a fraud, and in no way whatsoever resembles New Testament Christianity. You just seriously don't know me very well, LoL. I have not once in this thread (or anywhere else on this forum to my knowledge) argued that modern "Christianity" is the standard by which we or anyone else should go. It is yet another misrepresentation of what I believe, similar to what I was complaining about in Posts #86 and #99. Yet you keep trying to "make me think" about this as if it were something I didn't know. You were still doing so as of Post #133.

It is now page 12 of this thread. Can we please get past this, please?

Hey there.
How can we redeem this thread into something good now?

as in -"ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God and are the called according to His purpose"

Somehow, this can all work together for some good eh?

At the very least , it sure got some of us talking! (And generated many posts for this Site :D )

Bless you...H

Reactions: Pisteuo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey there.

I think it was doomed from the start, LoL. Time to "Abandon Ship!!"

sinking+ship.png

Here's me, right here...

travel-tourism-diver-diving-diving_suits-divers_suits-ship-ggm090530_low.jpg

history-trite-metaphors-futures-maritime_disaster-disaster_analogy-wmi100130_low.jpg

I think this one sums it up perfectly! I feel sorry for all concerned, LoL!

effort-sinking-ship-demotivational-posters-1306268960.jpg

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Hey there.

as in -"ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God and are the called according to His purpose"

Somehow, this can all work together for some good eh?

At the very least , it sure got some of us talking! (And generated many posts for this Site :D )

Bless you...H

Hmm perhaps God is preparing the site for a muslim visitor. How will they respond?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LoL. Just trying to inject a little humor into the situation at this point. Maybe we're taking the whole thing too seriously.

Actually, now that I'm laughing about it, I've forgotten what the whole conversation was about to begin with, LoL. :)

You are good at starting interesting threads....
How about a new one now? I'll be watching. :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are good at starting interesting threads....
How about a new one now? I'll be watching. :)

Oh good Heavens, no. I'm thinking of retiring altogether.
*Just joking* :D
(although I think I am taking a break. After all, I've got only so many days of football season left. Time to get serious about what's REALLY important in life! Go Saints! Who Dat!)

GettyImages-861714324.jpg

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I see it, it is not my place or the place of anyone here to render a final judgment against him. Your very stand here supports what he questions to a T. He is a heretic? Then so am I as some of the things you condemn in him are also in me. Be content with that if it makes you feel better. Let us leave it there, for ultimately only God's judgment makes a difference.

Indeed only God can judge the state of someones soul, and I happily leave that to him! And I do not strive to be a trouble-maker or someone who stirs contention. But I feel compelled to stand for the truth of God's word and his teachings to us. It's to him I'll answer one day; for either not standing up for his word against blatant false teaching...or for mistakenly seeing it, if that is indeed what I'm doing.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25

You know...perhaps I am just a "sheltered" person...someone who may be considered, by many, to be too much of a conservative. Too uptight. Too judgy. Too opinionated.
Hmm. Perhaps I am.
But for goodness sakes people. Shame on you all! You have a faith...a God you claim as your own! Don't you think he is worth standing up for? Or are you all so in over your heads on PC/tolerance language, that you are willing to let everything slide until nothing has even the slightest value anymore!?

Does Bbryd think Christ is still here spiritually? That he never left? Sure...I know that! But he denies a physical return. That is outside orthodoxy. Not believing in the Trinity. That is outside Orthodoxy! Not trying to tell the world of sin, so they may ESCAPE from it in the arms of Christ! That is outside Orthodoxy. Refusing to believe others need to be told of Jesus? That is outside Orthodoxy. I won't go into a scripture overload as to WHY those doctrines are Orthodoxy, but I trust you recognize that going outside the bounds of Orthodoxy sends a person into areas that are questionable. At the very least, at this particular board, it sets them apart in the Statement of Faith and they should be in the Unorthodox thread.

Regardless. I have always...always been careful to support my opinions with bible verses. Could they be misinterpreted? Sure, I'm far from perfect. But I just don't get why you feel you have the right to step up and say that my questioning of HIS opinion, which is rarely, if ever, mentioned with scripture, is way out of line. Especially when he flies so far from what scripture and Orthodoxy state.

Which brings me right back to the bible, and whether or not anyone actually gives a toss on standing up for the truth? Do I know where the ignore button is? Sure. Should Christians just glaze our eyes, ignore those butchering our faith, trying to change it into a more culturally acceptable version, or something that fits into their world view, just so we can not have any nasty social confrontations? I wonder what the Apostle Paul would think about that? Perhaps, Helen, if my objecting to heresy offends you, you should ignore me.