Muslim Beheadings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are understanding him somewhat. Yes, he is here to rattle cages.
I sure hope that with the kick back he has generated here that @lforrest does not ban him!!...
As Amadeus has said , "He 'gets' bbyrrd"
I 'get' bbyrd , Braklite 'gets' byrdd, some do, some just get irritated because he doesn't conform to anyones box.

As for witnessing.. I believe you will find that Mark ( bbyrd009) witnesses to many people...many more than I do! He just does not do it in 'the' conventional way.
He has said openly in posts that he feels he is here to cause people to really think about what they believe.
If you said it is black...he would argue that it is white..BUT if you said it was white, he would argue that it is black...to make you think.

Like Amadeus has said...he has learned much from him, and I too have been made to think twice before I come out with some standard cliche.
He would be a loss to this site if he were banned or suspended. :(
I hope his honesty hasn't got him into deep water.
When the chips are down...'he knows in whom he has believed.'

I think that I can honestly say I have read all of his almost 2000 posts..well at least 1900 of them :)
He never reveals much of what he believes ( when he is challenging for the fun of it) ..but he is not that anti-scripture or anti-bible person that he may appear to be.
He is just not a cookie cutter Christian, neither is he an unbeliever, neither am I , neither is mjrhealth... we are just not people who have elevated the written word to the forth person of the Godhead, like some have!!
That really annoys people.

As for "witnessing" I too, agree ... in truth the Church has made a big mess out of it. Most of it is distilled down to the wonderful message of - " Believe in Jesus or go to hell". Really loving, and a really good "New News Gospel " :rolleyes:
I am sure Father God is horrified at what the Church has done in his name.

Oh whoops Chris...so sorry...I got on my soapbox here.
I just got nervous when I saw the lforrest said that Mark was "in trouble already" :(
If he gets dumped off, then so should many of others of us too..those who also do not live in neat Christian boxes.

Love and hugs...Helen

Applause :)
"He would be a loss to this site if he were banned or suspended. :(
When the chips are down...'he knows in whom he has believed.'"

You got that right and, wonderful post Mama :D I would miss him a whole lot, even though I do not most times!- grasp his meanings ♥

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Underneath it all, Amadeus, I think he plays too many games. And in the midst of game-playing he does more than simply "question" orthodox Christian positions; he vilifies them. And as Naomi pointed out, that can have serious implications spiritually speaking.

I mean him no disrespect, and don't dislike him, and I truly hope he is seeking to become more than the nominal Christian he admits himself to be. But if so, I have to say that I think he's going about it the wrong way.
So then as has been previously suggested even by yourself, take your hands off of him. If necessary put him on "ignore" rather than presume to know where he is with God. As I have said in my reply to Naomi, her reasons for going against him relate to his failure to embrace what she or perhaps you consider essentials. The only essentials I will definitely espouse are the two great commandment specifically named by Jesus. None of the others will I embrace and some of them such as the trinity I seriously doubt as either being essential or accurate. I also doubt the existence of separate devil or satan entity. His questions are aimed at making people consider what they have often refused to consider for various reasons. If you are right in your belief and I am wrong or @bbyrd009 is wrong, there is no reason to be concerned for you are then perhaps on the Lord's side. If on the other hand you are wrong...?

"And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for is this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrown it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God" Acts 5:38-39

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Applause :)
"He would be a loss to this site if he were banned or suspended. :(
When the chips are down...'he knows in whom he has believed.'"You got that right and, wonderful post Mama :D I would miss him a whole lot, even though I do not most times!- grasp his meanings ♥
I also would miss him. If he were gone how long would it be before Helen and a few other good ones were also gone. This kind of thing is why we have 40,000 plus supposedly Christian denominations.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree...and good idea @amadeus The IGNOR works!! ( for those who do not want to read what he writes. ) @Naomi25 could try that.
Those that have an issue, should maybe try using it.

Like you mentioned in your excellent post #200... I too am often called a heretic.
Why people have to put each other in boxes and get offended when we don't see things they way "they" say the bible says it...I guess it will always be so.:oops:

Yep..ignore will work for them...he even suggested it himself. :)

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also would miss him. If he were gone how long would it be before Helen and a few other good ones were also gone. This kind of thing is why we have 40,000 plus supposedly Christian denominations.

I know, and I try not to think about the day that I myself might stop coming here :( There are many I would miss very much.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, and I try not to think about the day that I myself might stop coming here :( There are many I would miss very much.
I belong to other forums but I have stopped visiting nearly all of them because they are so empty. I dread to consider that that might also happen here. Help us dear Lord.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are understanding him somewhat. Yes, he is here to rattle cages.
I sure hope that with the kick back he has generated here that @lforrest does not ban him!!...
As Amadeus has said , "He 'gets' bbyrrd"
I 'get' bbyrd , Braklite 'gets' byrdd, some do, some just get irritated because he doesn't conform to anyones box.

As for witnessing.. I believe you will find that Mark ( bbyrd009) witnesses to many people...many more than I do! He just does not do it in 'the' conventional way.
He has said openly in posts that he feels he is here to cause people to really think about what they believe.
If you said it is black...he would argue that it is white..BUT if you said it was white, he would argue that it is black...to make you think.

Like Amadeus has said...he has learned much from him, and I too have been made to think twice before I come out with some standard cliche.
He would be a loss to this site if he were banned or suspended. :(
When the chips are down...'he knows in whom he has believed.'

I think that I can honestly say I have read all of his almost 2000 posts..well at least 1900 of them :)
He never reveals much of what he believes ( when he is challenging for the fun of it) ..but he is not that anti-scripture or anti-bible person that he may appear to be.
He is just not a cookie cutter Christian, neither is he an unbeliever, neither am I , neither is mjrhealth... we are just not people who have elevated the written word to the forth person of the Godhead, like some have!!
That really annoys people.

As for "witnessing" I too, agree ... in truth the Church has made a big mess out of it. Most of it is distilled down to the wonderful message of - " Believe in Jesus or go to hell". Really loving, and a really good "New News Gospel " :rolleyes:
I am sure Father God is horrified at what the Church has done in his name.

Oh whoops Chris...so sorry...I got on my soapbox here.
I just got nervous when I saw the lforrest said that Mark was "in trouble already" :(
If he gets dumped off, then so should many of others of us too..those who also do not live in neat Christian boxes.

Love and hugs...Helen

I think we all find good in each other with enough time and patience, even those we honestly dislike. And I've never disliked him. We just didn't get on well in this thread. See, those who try to "make me think" can end up on the receiving end of a whole lot more of what I think than I normally share or what they are expecting, especially if I am being vilified in the midst of holding to a position they don't like (and I don't think he liked what I was posting on this thread, or he wouldn't have made the disparaging comparisons).

But I'm certainly not in favor of getting him banned. I just get into "defend mode" if you know what I mean. I start trying to make the other person think when they're trying to make me think, and Vwallah! Next thing I know I'm being told what I am thought of personally.

Not a big deal, and I hope he's not in danger of being banned. Hopefully things smooth out. Just trying to get to know him is all, and hope he gets to where he knows me better so we can learn to make things work : )

Reactions: brakelite and Helen
B

brakelite

Braklite 'gets' byrdd,
ummm, not so fast there lady lol. Like I said I give up more times than I "get him". And certainly like Naomi and HIH, I absolutely disagree with him on some issues such as the second coming and sharing the gospel. There is one point where I absolutely agree with him... The Trinity. His dialectic worldviewinforms him to refrain from pinning down God into a formula. I refuse to do so for more theological reasons... But on that score at least, I do "get him". Transferring that worldview to more substantial established truths which need no assumptions to formulate, I find more difficult to accept.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we all find good in each other with enough time and patience, even those we honestly dislike. And I've never disliked him. We just didn't get on well in this thread. See, those who try to "make me think" can end up on the receiving end of a whole lot more of what I think than I normally share or what they are expecting, especially if I am being vilified in the midst of holding to a position they don't like (and I don't think he liked what I was posting on this thread, or he wouldn't have made the disparaging comparisons).

But I'm certainly not in favor of getting him banned. I just get into "defend mode" if you know what I mean. I start trying to make the other person think when they're trying to make me think, and Vwallah! Next thing I know I'm being told what I am thought of personally.

Not a big deal, and I hope he's not in danger of being banned. Hopefully things smooth out. Just trying to get to know him is all, and hope he gets to where he knows me better so we can learn to make things work : )
You may not be in favor of banning him, but it is not decided based on a vote of the majority. The administrator already raised a question as result of this strong probing. It could already be out of our hands. I do sincerely hope not.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I belong to other forums but I have stopped visiting nearly all of them because they are so empty. I dread to consider that that might also happen here. Help us dear Lord.

This site and all on it are in my daily prayers. To me, it is a huge blessing to be around all of you, and to have grown close to (to me, anyway, lol.) several of you...would break my heart to lose our connections.
Oh Lord! Please work in our lives despite all of the splintered beliefs. Purge the hearts here of pride and criticism, give us all discernment and love for one another! Amen.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ummm, not so fast there lady lol. Like I said I give up more times than I "get him". And certainly like Naomi and HIH, I absolutely disagree with him on some issues such as the second coming and sharing the gospel. There is one point where I absolutely agree with him... The Trinity. His dialectic worldviewinforms him to refrain from pinning down God into a formula. I refuse to do so for more theological reasons... But on that score at least, I do "get him". Transferring that worldview to more substantial established truths which need no assumptions to formulate, I find more difficult to accept.

:D No worries, "getting him" does not mean agreeing with...I did not mean that!! He and I disagree on many things.

Sorry, maybe I was wrong in lumping you in with myself and Amadeus.

Bless you...Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may not be in favor of banning him, but it is not decided based on a vote of the majority. The administrator already raised a question as result of this strong probing. It could already be out of our hands. I do sincerely hope not.

Well I certainly hope not. I was honestly a little surprised at how strongly Forrest addressed him, like maybe there was more to it than I realized or something. But I'm sure we could maybe have a discussion with him about it to see what the issue was/is. And we can pray. I think I'll do so tonight.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen his kind before.

He has beliefs but he also has a lot of unsurety. Topped off with not wanting any one to see it. So he constantly tries to level the playing field by either outsmarting others or discrediting them.

He probably doesn't even realize he's doing it and convinces himself all he is doing is having fun.

That is not good for him, others or the form as a whole.

I've had some like that on my forum. As founder and admin they were really annoying but I never banned any of them unless they crossed the line into over-the-top attacks on others.

B

brakelite

:D No worries, "getting him" does not mean agreeing with...I did not mean that!! He and I disagree on many things.

Sorry, maybe I was wrong in lumping you in with myself and Amadeus.

Bless you...Helen
Okay, now I get you lol. SSorry if I came across too blunt. Reality check. How well do any of us truly understand one another. We box each other, wrap the boxes up in fine paper and pretty ribbons and think we have everyone sussed. Then all of a sudden someone like bbryd breaks the box, throws aside the paper, tramples upon the ribbons and trashes all our pet theories. I think we need people like that. We would never grow unless the status quo we so contentedly wrap ourselves in is challenged and find ourselves having to defend it. Either we have a sound defense, obfuscate, or change or cherished opinions.
But in doing that we need an anchor. I feel sorry for bbryd because his dialectic worldview of an anchor that moves according to the currents of popular opinion... Perception... Politics... And the synthesis all those things together comprise. God's word is our anchor. Though there are certainly difficulties with it, there is sufficient truth to be found within to provide ground for confidence and surety in the character and nature of the God we profess to love and worship. Philosophy is a wind blown tumbleweed that stops only when it comes to a fence or the Bull Bars of a semi trailer. I don't trust it .

Reactions: Nancy and Helen
B

brakelite

so, i am not trying to lead you into Zeus worship, ok, but if you would contemplate the irony in a professed Christian who is not aware of the Cult of Sol Invictus at all, determinedly pursuing Death, More Abundantly, suggesting that someone suggesting a Christian consider their spiritual "death" @ baptism and Life, more abundantly at their resurrection--when they come up out of the water iow--to be deceived, if you would
Okay, I am aware of the Sol Invictus paradigm, particularly within Catholicism. Proponents of Sunday sacredness may not willingly make the connections, but that's another subject. I wonder if you do us a disservice when you charge those of us who have a hope of eternity in the next life, of denying the reality of the abundant life we ought to have in this life. Death to self now in fact is major criteria of gaining life in the next. One gives Genesis to the other, and the other cannot be without the former.
Now while I believe we can live an abundant life now, (which I believe I am) it is a life without limits, and very few of us live it as fully as we can. Promises of scripture, (which I believe are absolute truths being promises of a God who cannot lie) of accepted, will have us doing stuff or imaginations now can only dream of. Such a time I believe is coming. When those who are one with their Saviour will do mighty exploits in his power and to his glory.
Nothing of that however negates the far more exceeding joys that will manifest in heaven.

B

brakelite

this is good, a good pov imo; if you have defined "truth" at least, certainly. So, what is the definition of "truth" here that everyone can/will agree on? ty
Someone, God, or something, His word, that remains constant in nature and/or character and trustworthiness regardless of anyone's poor lack of understanding our appreciation of its real value to them.

categorically, yes. But if you have some Quote or demo or thought experiment that suggests otherwise, i am open to the possibility, too. Iow spit some truth that provides a diff pov and let's see ok
See above. Right now, at this point in time I am sitting down. That is truth. It isn't going to be truth after I get up to take my washing out if the machine which is singing to me. But there are truths which do not change with circumstance, nor alter with the progress of time. God.. His character of love... His name... His Name... Is absolute. His promises are also because they are a reflection of that same character, as are His laws. Which is why it grates on me when people claim His moral laws can be set aside.
um, this last sentence, "pinning truth to an avenue of thought is impossible," is like a...bad frame imo, or i mean can you rephrase this Q?
Sorry. I have never spent any time discussing philosophy or even giving consideration to a worldview of this nature... Some of my comments are stabs in the dark and I simply trying to understand your perspective. I'll come back to that. That washing machine is going nuts.

ah, ok, bc finding real answers is only a temporary exercise and can provide only temporary solace and hope, bl. imo.
As per "He who says he knows anything does not yet know as he ought."
Which is categorically why Jesus, who is the same today and forever, is the ROCK. notwithstanding or Catholic friends viewpoint of Peter.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen