Must we endure in the faith by continuously believing and repenting?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
as romans 8 states, once you belong to Christ nothing can remove you from his hand.
I'm sorry, but you are way off base!
What can I do to help?
Quote and explain hundreds of verses?

The NT teaches us ...
the grace we receive when we are born-again is NOT guaranteed to last forever!
E.G. in Galatians 5,
these Jewish BACs have been estranged from Christ, and have fallen from grace!

Please check post #39.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do a comparison between the context of the original source texts and the translations. Also the introduction of PC language within the later translations, the introduction of the Rapture theology into the translations etc.

Committees work best when political expedience drives the outcome.

You made a claim and when challenged have no evidence.

I have compared translations, looked at the footnotes etc and while there are differences none affect any passages that relate to the gospel.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but you are way off base!
What can I do to help?
Quote and explain hundreds of verses?

The NT teaches us ...
the grace we receive when we are born-again is NOT guaranteed to last forever!
E.G. in Galatians 5,
these Jewish BACs have been estranged from Christ, and have fallen from grace!

Please check post #39.

After 58 years of study I have heard it all.

Note that the verses used for your kinds of thinking never addressed those being spoken to as brothers in Christ, saints or other phrases used for born again.

As with the churches of revelation, people are noted as church members then are told what you're doing wrong and are invited to come to Christ, not return to Christ.

The problem with your theology is you're calling those who share in the holy spirit without ever being saved as having lost salvation.

As for going through hundreds of verses the second you say some verses are incorrect you had just acquired the whole bible fallible.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of the many dire warnings in the NT ...
MAY be there ONLY to keep God's elect on the narrow path to salvation!
But, then we have to consider if God is bluffing, exaggerating, lying even.

However, IF you desire to RECONCILE
the so-called eternal security NT verses ...with...
all of those NT verses which stand against them,
please consider the following:
True saving faith = enduring belief + enduring trust + enduring obedience
You forgot the point you in your belief nullifies grace and depends on works. It also is taking the same path the pharisees did, meaning legalism.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have evidence for this statement.
Bible translators takje great pains to produce an accurate yet readable translation. They are not working on there own but as part of a team with reviewers who go over there work.
Any variation has to pass numerous checks and be justified befor it appears in a bible.

Easter in the KJV, 1611 contained the apocrypha. No justification for either in the bible.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You made a claim and when challenged have no evidence.

I have compared translations, looked at the footnotes etc and while there are differences none affect any passages that relate to the gospel.

What is the Gospel? Is it the Salvation covenant which Christ came and presented? Or is it the contextual interpretations that have woven themselves into the many denominational understandings that abound in the world? Why is it that the KJV is the preferred version of choice over other versions?

In support of my evidence I suggested that there was a difference between the original source texts and the translations. I did not compare between the numerous translations that we have as you have done for your supporting evidence without a comparison with the original context of the source texts.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In support of my evidence I suggested that there was a difference between the original source texts and the translations.

You can see the differences between translations in the footnote of any good translation.
The differences are minimal.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Is evidence that the bible translators have twisted and distorted scripture?
I don't think so.
I don't think an opinion is even relevant there wadr. "Easter" is prima facie evidence, and thus the onus would be on you to prove otherwise. The orig says Passover, and the tranny does not. How will you refute this?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You can see the differences between translations in the footnote of any good translation.
The differences are minimal.
That is wadr bc they are all corrupt, every single one of them that even xlates God or Christ as "Lord," believe it or not. God does not "lord" it over anyone. Dunno about the other languages but I can't imagine they are any diff

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
... the verses used for your kinds of thinking never addressed those being spoken to as brothers in Christ, saints or other phrases used for born again.
Many of them are obviously written to ...
brothers in Christ, saints or other phrases used for born again.
Sisters too!

One example is 1 John, and he says to repent of your sins.
Ephesians was written only to the "faithful" saints, not to the unfaithful ones.
Colossians was written only to the "faithful" saints, not to the unfaithful ones.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You forgot the point you in your belief nullifies grace and depends on works.
People receive God's free and undeserved grace when born-again.
But, grace is NOT guaranteed to last forever.
Salvation is a cooperative effort between God and man.

Many NT verses prove each of these spiritual truths:
Believers stay righteous by practicing righteousness
Believers stay righteous through their obedience
Believers faith must endure until the end of their lives
Believers keep salvation by repenting of their sins
Believers were chosen and called to live holy lives
Believers must love, forgive, not judge or condemn
Believers must be victorious overcomers

One full page of Scripture verses is available for almost every topic.
Just ask.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of them are obviously written to ...
brothers in Christ, saints or other phrases used for born again.
Sisters too!

One example is 1 John, and he says to repent of your sins.
Ephesians was written only to the "faithful" saints, not to the unfaithful ones.
Colossians was written only to the "faithful" saints, not to the unfaithful ones.

Your assumptions.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People receive God's free and undeserved grace when born-again.
But, grace is NOT guaranteed to last forever.
Salvation is a cooperative effort between God and man.

Many NT verses prove each of these spiritual truths:
Believers stay righteous by practicing righteousness
Believers stay righteous through their obedience
Believers faith must endure until the end of their lives
Believers keep salvation by repenting of their sins
Believers were chosen and called to live holy lives
Believers must love, forgive, not judge or condemn
Believers must be victorious overcomers

One full page of Scripture verses is available for almost every topic.
Just ask.

Romans says those before new would love him are predestined to all the way to glorification. No one can take those people from his hand.

That is a solid guarantee.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If a Christian does not repent of his sins, who are they ?

All Christians Sin ! and must repent of there sins and if they refuse to, they are of Satan's works.

When one is truly born again you can recognise Sin much better, not to mention that you can deal with Sin much better, because you know such is a Sin and can deal with such temptations because you will not be lead astray.

One who is lost can not deal with the temptations of Sin much at all, nor do they recognise such. as we see with the world nowadays, that they are falling into temptations of Satan and are puffed up with their own pride, that even Abortions on demand are seen as a pride that they see as honourable, when in fact it's Satanic and Same sex claiming to be a Marriage, when in fact it's Satanic, not to mention that if any Christian does not believes such is now not a Sin is fooling themselves and will go to Hell for claiming such is not a Sin, because the works of Satan lead the whole world astray, as that's what Satan's works are all about. so if one abides in Sin you are lost to Sin regardless if you think that you are born again or not.

One can not be truly Born Again and stoop down that low in fact. such is just religious works and following trends like a darn fools and that's why one must come out from among them types and look to Jesus Christ first and foremost in you lives 24/7.

The Kingdom of God does not have such Sinners within it, because they don't cut the grade, they are outside of it, with the dogs living under Sin looking for the 2ed coming because they are lost in their Sin. they have turned their backs on God for Political Correctness mans works nonsense that puffs them up, they think that man is going to cut the mustard and that's why they are looking to the so called Jews, fact is the Jesus never cut the mustard, that was only Jesus Christ that can cut it with God and no other man ever will.

Reactions: Acolyte

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans says those before new would love him are predestined to all the way to glorification. No one can take those people from his hand.
That is a solid guarantee.
Your Romans 8:28-30 above is about (A) those who love God
and (B) those who are called according to Hos purpose.

Re: (A) ...
Jesus said 4 times in John 14 ...
"Those who love Me will obey My commandments."

Jesus said once in John 14 ...
"Those who are My friends will obey My commandments."

Who gets to heaven who does NOT love Jesus, and is NOT His friend?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte