Must we endure in the faith by continuously believing and repenting?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Romans 8:28-30 above is about (A) those who love God
and (B) those who are called according to Hos purpose.

Re: (A) ...
Jesus said 4 times in John 14 ...
"Those who love Me will obey My commandments."

Jesus said once in John 14 ...
"Those who are My friends will obey My commandments."

Who gets to heaven who does NOT love Jesus, and is NOT His friend?

Your point (B) is said nowhere in the chapter. You added that.

The rest of what you said is part of sanctification. It has nothing to do with gaining salvation.

OSAS.

Reactions: Helen

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The rest of what you said is part of sanctification. It has nothing to do with gaining salvation.

OSAS.
OSAS how can you be saved and not follow Jesus Christ, just because one believes in him does not mean that he knows you, as he said I never knew you, remember.

If you are truly Saved you will be born again and such do not take things blase as to the Holy Spirit. because such is not Serving Jesus Christ is it ? so they are not truly Israel (Servants of God ) but may only be like that of Judah and only a People of God. so in the context how can OSAS be so, when such is like a mongrel dog going off on it's own ways as such. So to be truly Saved one would not be so ignorant as to God in the first place would they.

Sure they may believe and along the way the weeds sprouted up around them and choked there spiritual growth and then they picked up from there years later on, as that seed so to speak did not die.

All Christians have to deal with the weeds until they are Truly Born Again of Jesus Christ Holy Spirit, it's a big difference you know and the weeds do not stifle such a Tree that bears fruit.

Reactions: Acolyte

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS how can you be saved and not follow Jesus Christ, just because one believes in him does not mean that he knows you, as he said I never knew you, remember.

If you are truly Saved you will be born again and such do not take things blase as to the Holy Spirit. because such is not Serving Jesus Christ is it ? so they are not truly Israel (Servants of God ) but may only be like that of Judah and only a People of God. so in the context how can OSAS be so, when such is like a mongrel dog going off on it's own ways as such. So to be truly Saved one would not be so ignorant as to God in the first place would they.

Sure they may believe and along the way the weeds sprouted up around them and choked there spiritual growth and then they picked up from there years later on, as that seed so to speak did not die.

All Christians have to deal with the weeds until they are Truly Born Again of Jesus Christ Holy Spirit, it's a big difference you know and the weeds do not stifle such a Tree that bears fruit.

When born again we're changed so I don't take anything casually.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is wadr bc they are all corrupt, every single one of them that even xlates God or Christ as "Lord," believe it or not. God does not "lord" it over anyone. Dunno about the other languages but I can't imagine they are any diff

According to you there is no relyable version of the bible, so we cannot know what God has said, or even if he has spoken.

Such a statement is blatantly untrue.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
According to you there is no relyable version of the bible, so we cannot know what God has said, or even if he has spoken.

Ah sorry, I didn't mean that exactly, more like "trust but verify" if you will. But more importantly imo get one-eyed however you are led to do that, otherwise bad definitions hardly matter I guess.

For an example "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom" is grammatically accurate near as I can tell, but how does one possibly get "flesh and blood is the only thing that can possibly inherit" from that, especially in the context that it is presented? Heck I just reviewed it and I'm about half convinced that I might go to heaven when I die all over again lol. Sure glad I don't have to read that without the rest of Scripture for a guide, bc that is "hidden from the wise" in action.

Fwiw imo there are clues, plenty of clues, though. Once you accept a dialectic premise you don't go back I don't think, or at least I'll say that I am searching diligently for that guy and haven't found him in three years

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

imo you can translate your own interp via an interlinear, or even a lex.
Genesis 1:1 Lexicon: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Genesis 1:1 Interlinear: In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth --

and you might note the variance in the English in that interlinear link v when you click on it, hmm

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OSAS.
Points (A) and (B) are in Romans 8:28.

I'm simply asking:
Do you have to love Jesus, and be His friend, to go to heaven?

There are a trillion NT verses I could show you, but you're too brainwashed for that
... so we'll just go with the above question in red.

While I'm here, I might as well ask you another silly question:
Are you a slave of sin ... or ... a slave of obedience?

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I must be baptised.. born from above.

Am I wrong in my understanding? Some say you don't sin(?), because you are saved. Or are you saying because you are saved you don't need to confess/repent.

Is it possible to sin and not know it? Why did Jesus teach them to pray forgive me my trespasses..

Since I have not knowingly been baptised and died in my sins, could this be why I feel the need to confess/repent daily? I feel the Holy Spirit, yet I am held down by my guilt... arghhh
A really good passage to read is John 3, all about the new birth. It's not about water baptism.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Is it possible to sin and not know it?
i have this theory, developed rather far along in my religious walk, that we are all swimming in a sea of sin, and just don't realize it bc tradition. Could driving a car be a sin?
Why did Jesus teach them to pray forgive me my trespasses..
i think it was "forgive us?" Might alter that a little. Hmm, teach "them?" Not "us?" So, no idea where I'm um coming from, here, something something perspective change...ya.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Thank you for this. My bible study pastor suggested it.(We use KJV and I have a hard time with other translations.) I got about halfway thru and put it in my quick access so I can finish it later. Bless you.
calumniated though yikes, thought I was bad. You get KJV, and have a hard time with the others? This always makes me want to ask if one speaks that way at home, which I mean rhetorically here. But there is a lesson there somewhere I think. Not sure quite what it is. And I guess pointing out "gay archaic king" won't be met with much enthusiasm, huh. But it is nonetheless great where it's great imo, don't get me wrong

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
calumniated though yikes, thought I was bad. You get KJV, and have a hard time with the others? This always makes me want to ask if one speaks that way at home, which I mean rhetorically here. But there is a lesson there somewhere I think.

Honestly, I have several times caught myself saying thou, thy, thee and quite often use it in prayer. I accidently bought an NIV and it went to good will. The KJV has corrections in footnotes and I'm more familiar with the verses, I will stick with it.

Discernment doesn't rely on which trans you use, but the understanding granted by our Father.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Honestly, I have several times caught myself saying thou, thy, thee and quite often use it in prayer. I accidently bought an NIV and it went to good will. The KJV has corrections in footnotes and I'm more familiar with the verses, I will stick with it.

Discernment doesn't rely on which trans you use, but the understanding granted by our Father.
I might agree to a point, at least until I see those I love being led to conduct fertility rites in the spring anyway.
You know back then "pray" meant "wish?" Not sure why I have carried that around for five years, it's like a fact that I haven't seen the truth in yet or something

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I might agree to a point, at least until I see those I love being led to conduct fertility rites in the spring anyway.
You know back then "pray" meant "wish?" Not sure why I have carried that around for five years, it's like a fact that I haven't seen the truth in yet or something

The NKJV has passover. And santa and the easter bunny are satans. Otoh, thruout Hebrews and Romans we are not to judge others for following mens traditions. But I will not attend a church that follows those traditions.

How can we expect children to believe in a God they can't see when we teach them about santa and bunnies they can see, only to find out they aren't real? It frustrates me, and I am guilty of what I just wrote. :(

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The NKJV has passover. And santa and the easter bunny are satans. Otoh, thruout Hebrews and Romans we are not to judge others for following mens traditions. But I will not attend a church that follows those traditions.

How can we expect children to believe in a God they can't see when we teach them about santa and bunnies they can see, only to find out they aren't real? It frustrates me, and I am guilty of what I just wrote. :(
Ha, hey I'm circumcised too lol

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
imo you can translate your own interp via an interlinear, or even a lex.
Genesis 1:1 Lexicon: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Genesis 1:1 Interlinear: In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth --

and you might note the variance in the English in that interlinear link v when you click on it, hmm

May I point out to you that Christianity has quietly influenced the world in ways that the world societies are unaware they have been influenced and this is on what you say are inaccurate translations.
Christians live in many third world countries with often only a part of the bible.

Look at the big picture, what does God want of you, me or anyone?
To believe Jesus is their saviour and to live that way.
Everything else is fancy decoration.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
May I point out to you that Christianity has quietly influenced the world in ways that the world societies are unaware they have been influenced and this is on what you say are inaccurate translations.
well, makes a good subject change I guess

Im not sure "inaccurate" is the best characterization, sorry, any tranny will become inaccurate as our language drifts I guess, we have remedies for inaccurate; I mean "corrupted," kind of more like...an interactive thing, that a reader even takes part in via the mechanism of their desire, or it might be better to say their premises. It might be fair to say that if one seeks a king they will read one way, and if one does not they will read another
Christians live in many third world countries with often only a part of the bible.

Look at the big picture, what does God want of you, me or anyone?
To believe Jesus is their saviour and to live that way.
Everything else is fancy decoration.
well, I believed that over forty years ago now and lived that way to the best of my ability, Wc, until I woke up the other day at the foot of Nehushtan ok

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus