My brain isn't working

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most dramatic episodes happened in my home with all my children around. I felt it come on suddenly and the spin was so dramatic, I put myself on the floor to prevent falling. My children were very concerned. It stayed on the floor until it passed. Another time shortly after, it happened while I was in town running errands. I had to cut the day short.
Yes, I think the stress of parenting actually adds to it for me, only because I'm it. I am the only present parent and I have never had a babysitter, and then the list piles on, so I've had to stop and sit down the hallway and just wait for it to end.

Taking a lot of breaks to sit down and it just makes me feel like I'm not getting anywhere or that I won't get anywhere and that makes it worse because I need to get, like, everywhere, all at once.

I'm sorry that you had to go through it. It is the epitome of lame.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey.

I'm not necessarily back but came back to ask for prayer. I am actually considering sort of leaving the internet for some time so I can cope and hopefully get back to normal.

I had a traumatic event last week, which I'm not going to talk about, but I basically blacked out.

Basically my head shifts back and forth, I'll start stuttering and not having trouble speaking, zone out, shaking a bit, or just overall feeling weird or too hot. Too many details but none are important. Basically I'm not enjoying myself.

I had a few of these experiences before also from stress, but not to this extent. It seems to resemble PNES (psychogenic nonepileptic seizures) but I'm not diagnosed so I'll be careful on saying that.

Just wanted to come and ask for prayer. Didn't know where else to ask.
Praying for you Fluffy Yellow Duck!
Hugs

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you Fluffy. I had vestibular migraines disorder I think, at least that's what the neurologist said it was. I would get vertigo when exercising and sometimes when sitting down. But they're checking my heart now. Anyways, I hope things clear up for you.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you Fluffy. I had vestibular migraines disorder I think, at least that's what the neurologist said it was. I would get vertigo when exercising and sometimes when sitting down. But they're checking my heart now. Anyways, I hope things clear up for you.
Thanks, Devin. Read another post from you... Was just curious, how is your memory?

Feel free to message, if you prefer..

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hey.

I'm not necessarily back but came back to ask for prayer. I am actually considering sort of leaving the internet for some time so I can cope and hopefully get back to normal.

I had a traumatic event last week, which I'm not going to talk about, but I basically blacked out.

Basically my head shifts back and forth, I'll start stuttering and not having trouble speaking, zone out, shaking a bit, or just overall feeling weird or too hot. Too many details but none are important. Basically I'm not enjoying myself.

I had a few of these experiences before also from stress, but not to this extent. It seems to resemble PNES (psychogenic nonepileptic seizures) but I'm not diagnosed so I'll be careful on saying that.

Just wanted to come and ask for prayer. Didn't know where else to ask.
@FluffyYellowDuck So sorry about your event; and although I can't give medical advice, prayer and the Scriptures can definitely help a believer, for time and eternity.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck So sorry about your event; and although I can't give medical advice, prayer and the Scriptures can definitely help a believer, for time and eternity.
Thank you!

I am doing okay. I am getting ready to leave in a couple hours and was having one of those moments again, for stupid reasons that didn't make any sense. Too much worrying about nothing.

Trying some relaxation techniques to cope and it seems like it is working.. I used to use kava tea when I was younger for stress after trauma and that worked really well, so I think I'll look for some today.

(Says it's used to prevent seizures, too.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you!

I am doing okay. I am getting ready to leave in a couple hours and was having one of those moments again, for stupid reasons that didn't make any sense. Too much worrying about nothing.

Trying some relaxation techniques to cope and it seems like it is working.. I used to use kava tea when I was younger for stress after trauma and that worked really well, so I think I'll look for some today.

@FluffyYellowDuck Hoping your 13 year old is doing okay also....often when ppl are together they can encourage one another...

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you!

I have never had seizures but have suffered from complex PTSD and dissociation for many years. Since I was a child. I find mindfulness relaxation very helpful too. Many hugs. You aren't alone

Reactions: DuckieLady

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you!

@FluffyYellowDuck you sound like me ,I worry about everything and suffer from anxiety and stress.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never had seizures but have suffered from complex PTSD and dissociation for many years. Since I was a child. I find mindfulness relaxation very helpful too. Many hugs. You aren't alone
Thank you.. I am learning to do the same now. I'm making it slowly.

hugs to you, too!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was doing a little better and REALLY working towards getting rid of stress as much as I can, but the "do you have a plan yet" pressure was happening and now I'm feeling really out of it and I can tell I'm going to have another one of these episodes again.

Have to turn my phone off because I can't handle ir right now and typing is hard, but prayers are seriously appreciated and I love you guys

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was doing a little better and REALLY working towards getting rid of stress as much as I can, but the "do you have a plan yet" pressure was happening and now I'm feeling really out of it and I can tell I'm going to have another one of these episodes again.

Have to turn my phone off because I can't handle ir right now and typing is hard, but prayers are seriously appreciated and I love you guys

Let Jesus have the plan. :) You just trust in Him.

I will pray for you some later on this afternoon. Be blessed,
- H

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@FluffyYellowDuck Good old Psalm 23 is great reading, over and over, from time to time...