My brain isn't working

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey.

I'm not necessarily back but came back to ask for prayer. I am actually considering sort of leaving the internet for some time so I can cope and hopefully get back to normal.

I had a traumatic event last week, which I'm not going to talk about, but I basically blacked out.

Basically my head shifts back and forth, I'll start stuttering and not having trouble speaking, zone out, shaking a bit, or just overall feeling weird or too hot. Too many details but none are important. Basically I'm not enjoying myself.

I had a few of these experiences before also from stress, but not to this extent. It seems to resemble PNES (psychogenic nonepileptic seizures) but I'm not diagnosed so I'll be careful on saying that.

Just wanted to come and ask for prayer. Didn't know where else to ask.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey.

I'm not necessarily back but came back to ask for prayer. I am actually considering sort of leaving the internet for some time so I can cope and hopefully get back to normal.

I had a traumatic event last week, which I'm not going to talk about, but I basically blacked out.

Basically my head shifts back and forth, I'll start stuttering and not having trouble speaking, zone out, shaking a bit, or just overall feeling weird or too hot. Too many details but none are important. Basically I'm not enjoying myself.

I had a few of these experiences before also from stress, but not to this extent. It seems to resemble PNES (psychogenic nonepileptic seizures) but I'm not diagnosed so I'll be careful on saying that.

Hi Fluffy,
Sorry about your issues. I will pray for you. That you will receive the mind of Christ! And if anything comes up in the diagnosis that, it can be treated.
God bless.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey.

Lifting you up in prayer and asking Him to touch you in every area of your body, mind and spirit so that you may be whole and fully functioning as God intended.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey.

Praying for you sister!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey.

That has to be scary. I hope you are not going through this alone but have support and comfort surrounding you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey.

you're missed Fluffy!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey.

Praying for you, that you get better and that God heals you.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey.

Precious Fluffy, will do!

GRACE Word for infirmities

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow that sounds scary. Have you had an MRI or anything? I am praying for you.
No MRI. Pretty certain that it is stress and I can always tell when it is about to happen. My brain gets overwhelmed and then it starts usually with the "spins" like ... Sorry to say, I don't drink, but after you drink too much, or hot flashes and feeling confused.

I feel like if I figure out how to make my life better it will be less bad. I'm on a lot of pressure to move and find a home right away and I can't seem to figure that part out and also I have 0 dollars and no job because I was a homemaker, but now I'm about to be on my own with no experience.

The vehicle has a blown head gasket or something, and water is pouring out, and it's almost winter. I'm fine with walking to get groceries but during winter it would be bad.

I'm rehoming my cats and trying to study in hopes I can do something for myself. But I feel like I'm not fast enough.

I feel like I've put a lot of faith in God for everything to work out and for him to be a provider of opportunity but now everything is tornado-ing.

Never put all of that out there like that before but I'm having zero cares

Oh yeah and I asked my parents if I could stay with them. Dad said no room because my brother is coming back and my mom lost her place and I'm about out of family after that

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brain gets overwhelmed and then it starts usually with the "spins"
Sister, can you describe this a bit more? Is it like a swoosh or other indication felt in the brain and a feeling of "spin" and disorientation, etc? Or is it something else?

Reactions: DuckieLady

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No MRI. Pretty certain that it is stress and I can always tell when it is about to happen. My brain gets overwhelmed and then it starts usually with the "spins" like ... Sorry to say, I don't drink, but after you drink too much, or hot flashes and feeling confused.

I feel like if I figure out how to make my life better it will be less bad. I'm on a lot of pressure to move and find a home right away and I can't seem to figure that part out and also I have 0 dollars and no job because I was a homemaker, but now I'm about to be on my own with no experience.

The vehicle has a blown head gasket or something, and water is pouring out, and it's almost winter. I'm fine with walking to get groceries but during winter it would be bad.

I'm rehoming my cats and trying to study in hopes I can do something for myself. But I feel like I'm not fast enough.

I feel like I've put a lot of faith in God for everything to work out and for him to be a provider of opportunity but now everything is tornado-ing.

I’ll pray for you siste

Oh yeah and I asked my parents if I could stay with them. Dad said no room because my brother is coming back and my mom lost her place and I'm about out of family after that
im praying for you

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister, can you describe this a bit more? Is it like a swoosh or other indication felt in the brain and a feeling of "spin" and disorientation, etc? Or is it something else?

Disorientation and like if you've ever been on a roundabout at the playground as a kid, that weird feeling in your head.

I'm working on balance/coordination exercises but honestly I don't do them enough. I just talked to my mom and apparently it happened to her too and it stopped when she had a new start in life. So I think I'll be okay.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disorientation and like if you've ever been on a roundabout at the playground as a kid, that weird feeling in your head.

I'm working on balance/coordination exercises but honestly I don't do them enough. I just talked to my mom and apparently it happened to her too and it stopped when she had a new start in life. So I think I'll be okay.
Yes, like literally being spun. I have experienced this many times. At times, it sent me to the floor because it was so dramatic, I felt disoriented ...like you feel when the room is spinning, but the room wasn't spinning.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, like literally being spun. I have experienced this many times. At times, it sent me to the floor because it was so dramatic, I felt disoriented ...like you feel when the room is spinning, but the room wasn't spinning.
Yes, exactly!

Very aggravating too, because I have things to get done. I'm so overwhelmed my head can't think straight enough to come up solutions or work on the things I need to do.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, exactly!

Very aggravating too, because I have things to get done. I'm so overwhelmed my head can't think straight enough to come up solutions or work on the things I need to do.
The most dramatic episodes happened in my home with all my children around. I felt it come on suddenly and the spin was so dramatic, I put myself on the floor to prevent falling. My children were very concerned. I stayed on the floor until it passed. Another time shortly after, it happened while I was in town running errands. I had to cut the day short.

Last edited: