• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
How do you know if you are born again?

1.) Its because Christ is in you, and wasn't before you were born again.

Another way to recognize it.....is that you have a DAY,... a DATE, in your past when you understood that you are a sinner, and you need a Savior.
You heard the Gospel, and it said that the Cross and Christ on it, is the only way to Heaven, and this Sacrifice is the only pardon for your lifetime of sinning.
You heard that "GOSPEL", and you REALIZED ITS TRUE........ and you went to that Cross in your heart, and you said..>"JESUS SAVE ME".
You have to have that DAY, in your past, ........and this does not have to happen in a church....It can happen in a car, in a jail, during a walk.
But you have to have that DAY, that moment, that you KNEW that you are LOST< and Jesus is the Savior and you went to Him by Faith.

2.) That day, that moment, that instant......no matter where it happened, is when you trusted in Christ, and that FAITH ... God accepted to make you His own, and that is when you are born again.
That is a 2nd BIRTH DAY......and every believer has this 2nd Birth Day, as that is what it means to be BORN......= AGAIN.

Your first birthday is as a baby, a human..
Your 2nd Birth day, is the "New birth" of your born again Spirit.

Another way to recognize the indwelling Spirit of Christ, and Paul teaches that if you have not the Spirit of Christ in you, then you are not of God's Sons/Daughters.., and thats a fact.... is this...

3.) To recognize that you have become "the temple of the HOLY SPIRIT" (born again) is to recognize that you became on the day you Trusted in Christ....= very SIN Sensitive...

Here is how it happened to me.. I was enjoying sin.. And then when Christ became my Savior, literally joined my spirit to His Own, in Spiritual Union, as that is the actual "born again" process.......what happened to me is that i became so sin sensitive that it was really just overwhelming.
I SAW sin, everywhere... especially when i had a 2nd visitation 6 yrs after i was initially saved.
Sin was everywhere i looked. It was in the songs i heard, the movies i watched .......the TV was like looking at a brand new evil situation, as i could SEE the sin in the programs, I could see the deception... and before, i just watched it.....
So, something CHANGED ME inside that happened quickly, and ive never been the same.

Tell you a little story about my older brother.. who became a Pastor, and before this, he was not quite an Atheist, but he was worse than an agnostic.

So, His life began to just fall apart, when he was about 33.
By the time he was '40....= Marriage ruined, drug addiction, drinking too much....just the end result of the total hedonism that was his life come calling to pay him some PAIN.
He was suicidal.......
He was just .... a mess., as that is what the devil builds with your life, over time.
He was so distraught that he's driving around one morning looking for a church that is open. He went to a few, and found one that was open.
He wanted to talk to a Pastor.....he wanted some help. And he finds a church that is available.
And the Pastor listens to his long story, listens to his pain....and says finally, '"" William, you have gone as far as you can go. You need JESUS......You Need JESUS """.. And He took my brother, and they got on their knees on the floor in the Pastor's office, and they said the "sinner's prayer"..... together...... and (thank you Jesus) my nearly 40 yr old brother got up off His knees, and was a brand new = "Creation in Christ."
He told me later.........'brother, when i got up off my knees, the weight of the world was GONE !!.. and i walked outside and there were trees around this Church, and the TREES LOOKED DIFFERENT"...."the sky looked different"

What happened next?
He became a Pastor, and died a few years ago..... saved, born again, heaven bound.

So, it can be like that, Reader...
, or it can be a very quiet and sweetly tender moment that you receive Christ into your heart by Faith.
There is no perfect example of how to feel about that moment .....but the one constant reality is always......Christ was not in you yesterday, and today, when you Trusted in Jesus... .He came to stay.

Last edited: