My Christian DVD Collection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, different than any I have seen so far. It is now my new fave! Thanks for the instructions to do a "spoiler" :) I might even watch another one tonight...which would be your second favorite?
Too bad this movie is not easily found on Pureflix or Netflix. I have already shared it and will again to several I think will watch it :)

Thank you for telling others about the film.
Hopefully it will edify or build them up in the Lord.

Arranged in Rated Order:
(with #1 being the best, and #2 being my second best, etcetera):

1. Time Changer.
2. Polycarp.
3. The War Within.
4. The Redemption of Henry Myers.
5. Play the Flute.
6. What if.
7. 77 Chances.
8. Breakthrough.
9. Home Sweet Home (2020).
10. Legacy Peak.
11. Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters.
12. Champion.
13. Overcomer.
14. Heaven's War.
15. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.
16. Christian Mingle.
17. Princess Cut.
18. The Climb (2002).
19. Finding Normal.
20. The Case for Christ.
21. Mountain of Fire (Documentary).
(Important Note: While I enjoyed this more than Exodus Revealed, it is recommended to watch Exodus Revealed first, though).
22. Exodus Revealed (Documentary).
23. KJB: The Book That Changed the World (Documentary).

By Category:

Best Science Fiction Christian Films:

#1. Time Changer.
#2. The War Within.
#3. What if.
#4. 77 Chances.

Best Christian Film on Grace, Fellowship, and Devotion to Christ:

#1. Polycarp.

Best Christian Western Romance & Best Acting for a Lead Role in a Christian Film:

#1. Redemption of Henry Myers.

Best Christian Action Film, and Best Special Effects for a Christian Movie:

#1. Heaven’s War.
Best Christian Drama (Based on a True Story):

#1. Breakthrough.
#2. The Case for Christ.
Best Christian Drama & or Rock Climbing Film:

#1. The Climb

Best Christian Film To Inspire a Person to Read the Bible More:

#1. Play the Flute.

Best Christian Film Starring Children:

#1. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.

Best Movie on Forgiveness & Best Song in a Christian Movie:

#1. Champion.

Best Christian Family Films:

#1. Legacy Peak.
#2. Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters.
#3. Overcomer

Best Christian Romance Films:

#1. Home Sweet Home (2020).
#2. Christian Mingle.
#3. Princess Cut.
#4. Finding Normal

Best Christian Documentaries:

#1. Mountain of Fire.
#2. Exodus Revealed.
#3. KJB: The Book that Changed the World.
I hope this helps, and may God bless you and your family in the Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you for telling others about the film.
Hopefully it will edify or build them up in the Lord.

Arranged in Rated Order:
(with #1 being the best, and #2 being my second best, etcetera):

1. Time Changer.
2. Polycarp.
3. The War Within.
4. The Redemption of Henry Myers.
5. Play the Flute.
6. What if.
7. Treasure Lies.
8. 77 Chances.
9. Breakthrough.
10. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.
11. Champion.
12. Overcomer.
13. Heaven's War.
14. Home Sweet Home (2020).
15. Christian Mingle.
16. Princess Cut.
17. The Climb (2002).
18. Finding Normal.
19. The Case for Christ.
20. Mountain of Fire (Documentary).
(Important Note: While I enjoyed this more than Exodus Revealed, it is recommended to watch Exodus Revealed first, though).
21. Exodus Revealed (Documentary).
22. KJB: The Book That Changed the World (Documentary).

By Category:

Best Science Fiction Christian Films:

#1. Time Changer.
#2. The War Within.
#3. What if.
#4. 77 Chances.

Best Christian Film on Grace, Fellowship, and Devotion to Christ:

#1. Polycarp.

Best Christian Western Romance & Best Acting for a Lead Role in a Christian Film:

#1. Redemption of Henry Myers.

Best Christian Action Film, and Best Special Effects for a Christian Movie:

#1. Heaven’s War.
Best Christian Teen Romantic Comedy:

#1. Treasure Lies.

Best Christian Drama (Based on a True Story):

#1. Breakthrough.
#2. The Case for Christ.
Best Christian Drama & or Rock Climbing Film:

#1. The Climb

Best Christian Film To Inspire a Person to Read the Bible More:

#1. Play the Flute.

Best Christian Film Starring Children:

#1. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.

Best Movie on Forgiveness & Best Song in a Christian Movie:

#1. Champion.

Best Christian Family Film:

#1. Overcomer

Best Christian Romance Films:

#2. Christian Mingle.
#3. Princess Cut.
#4. Finding Normal

Best Christian Documentaries:

#1. Mountain of Fire.
#2. Exodus Revealed.
#3. KJB: The Book that Changed the World.
I hope this helps, and may God bless you and your family in the Lord.

Well, I suppose I have my summer movie list, lol...thanks brother, did not watch one yesterday but planning on Polycarp tonight, thanks and God bless you too.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I suppose I have my summer movie list, lol...thanks brother, did not watch one yesterday but planning on Polycarp tonight, thanks and God bless you too.

You are most welcome.
I hope you enjoy Polycarp as much as I did.
What I liked it is the kind of fellowship they had and their devotion to Christ.
It made you want to really fellowship with this group of Christians.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched Polycarp,
I know he was a student of John but all the other things, I don't recall unless this is from historic writings?
I love the fish symbol, even though it's not mentioned in the bible I looked it up, and there are Roman catacombs filled with this fish symbol. Had to be used by underground Christians! Awesome. I love how the woman was telling little Anna about how God set the stars in the sky, and how He named them all. Also when the woman was telling her about the false idols/statues! Sure looked like it made her think.
Good movie, thank you! I will be getting the rest off the list in time brother, thank you.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched Polycarp,
I know he was a student of John but all the other things, I don't recall unless this is from historic writings?

I tend to look at man made history as something that may not always be accurate because men may not always tell the truth (Which is unlike God’s Holy Word - the Bible). For the Bible says, “God is true, even if everyone else is a liar.” (Romans 3:4) (ISV). So I don’t get caught up on the historical accounts by men so much. I look at the film as how it can lead someone to Christ and or build up or edify other believers (Which is what the film does). No movie can ever perfectly reflect the history of what actually happened in the times of early Christianity (Unless we had a time machine). So I see these kinds of films as an alternate universe (or alternate possibility) kind of a thing. For me: It was about the truths of the Bible being accurately told here; And I believe they done that wonderfully. I just let myself enjoy the film on it’s own merits. But the creators did try to make the film as historical accurate as possible. You can watch the behind the scenes (where they talk a little about it) on the film at YouTube (if you are interested):

You said:
I love the fish symbol, even though it's not mentioned in the bible I looked it up, and there are Roman catacombs filled with this fish symbol. Had to be used by underground Christians! Awesome.

I was fortunate enough to know about the secret fish symbol used by early Christians to avoid persecution when I first accepted Jesus Christ back in 1992-93. So for me to see it in the film was really cool.

You said:
I love how the woman was telling little Anna about how God set the stars in the sky, and how He named them all.

Yes, I loved how the character of Melina told Anna about how God named all the stars in the sky and how…

God knows Anna’s name, too.

Very heart warming scene.

You said:
Also when the woman was telling her about the false idols/statues! Sure looked like it made her think.

While Melina told Anna about how she did not believe in the gods (plural - in reference to the pagan gods), it was actually the character called Justin who told Anna about false idols. It was one of my favorite scenes in the film (that preaches against Catholicism).

You said:
Good movie, thank you!

I am glad you enjoyed it. For me: While there were a lot of favorite scenes, one of mine that was emotional for me was when…

the character of Maximus had returned the necklace that Polycarp gave to Anna (that she ripped off).

You said:
I will be getting the rest off the list in time brother, thank you.

I am glad. Hope you enjoy them.

Note on the movie called Heaven’s War: There is one scene in the beginning that attempts to scare the viewer, but that is the only one. So it’s not a horror movie. The scene with the cross is pretty good (not perfect), but I enjoyed it (Especially in my first few viewings). Also, the acting may not be Oscar worthy, but more in line with acting on Television shows, but the storyline, action, special effects, and biblical messages makes it worthwhile if you can stick with watching the whole thing. I liked it (because it shows we are in a spiritual battle), but this film may not be everyone’s cup of tea.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to look at man made history as something that may not always be accurate because men may not always tell the truth (Which is unlike God’s Holy Word - the Bible). For the Bible says, “God is true, even if everyone else is a liar.” (Romans 3:4) (ISV). So I don’t get caught up on the historical accounts by men so much. I look at the film as how it can lead someone to Christ and or build up or edify other believers (Which is what the film does). No movie can ever perfectly reflect the history of what actually happened in the times of early Christianity (Unless we had a time machine). So I see these kinds of films as an alternate universe (or alternate possibility) kind of a thing. For me: It was about the truths of the Bible being accurately told here; And I believe they done that wonderfully. I just let myself enjoy the film on it’s own merits. But the creators did try to make the film as historical accurate as possible. You can watch the behind the scenes (where they talk a little about it) on the film at YouTube (if you are interested):

I was fortunate enough to know about the secret fish symbol used by early Christians to avoid persecution when I first accepted Jesus Christ back in 1992-93. So for me to see it in the film was really cool.

Yes, I loved how the character of Melina told Anna about how God named all the stars in the sky and how…

God knows Anna’s name, too.

Very heart warming scene.

While Melina told Anna about how she did not believe in the gods (plural - in reference to the pagan gods), it was actually the character called Justin who told Anna about false idols. It was one of my favorite scenes in the film (that preaches against Catholicism).

I am glad you enjoyed it. For me: While there were a lot of favorite scenes, one of mine that was emotional for me was when…

the character of Maximus had returned the necklace that Polycarp gave to Anna (that she ripped off).

I am glad. Hope you enjoy them.

Note on the movie called Heaven’s War: There is one scene in the beginning that attempts to scare the viewer, but that is the only one. So it’s not a horror movie. The scene with the cross is pretty good (not perfect), but I enjoyed it (Especially in my first few viewings). Also, the acting may not be Oscar worthy, but more in line with acting on Television shows, but the storyline, action, special effects, and biblical messages makes it worthwhile if you can stick with watching the whole thing. I liked it (because it shows we are in a spiritual battle), but this film may not be everyone’s cup of tea.

Yes indeed, it was very biblical. I agree with men's history but, truth is what is key. And yes, my mistake, it was Justin telling Anna about the idols...statutes...false "god's".

Theatrics mean not a thing to me, it is the message that I look for and so far, the 3 movies I did watch, are spot on biblical. Thanks again brother and God bless muchly!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed, it was very biblical. I agree with men's history but, truth is what is key. And yes, my mistake, it was Justin telling Anna about the idols...statutes...false "god's".

Theatrics mean not a thing to me, it is the message that I look for and so far, the 3 movies I did watch, are spot on biblical. Thanks again brother and God bless muchly!

Look forward to your thoughts on the next Christian film you watch.

Blessings be unto you in the Lord.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time changer will be my next watch. You find some awesome very biblical movies! I could care less about effects and such, it's all about Truth, amen...thanks so much for sharing these awesome movies!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow...Hal Linden?? Wonder if he was a Christian before this movie...

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time changer will be my next watch. You find some awesome very biblical movies! I could care less about effects and such, it's all about Truth, amen...thanks so much for sharing these awesome movies!

I look forward to your thoughts on Time Changer. It is my all time #1 favorite Christian film.

As for effects or theatrics: Well, I do think there has to be a certain level of quality in a film for it to be worthy to watch without cringing.

For example: Goliath 2015 is by far one of the worst Christian films.
Check out the first two or three minutes of the film where you see Goliath fighting.
Then, check out the final battle that is at 1 hour and 18 minutes.

David and Goliath 2015 - YouTube

Even if this film attempted to be more biblically accurate, it would not save this film. The effects, and acting are cringe worthy beyond imagining.
It’s just a cheesy film. Then again, I watched a lot of movies and know certain things about script writing, and film making. So I cannot help but to hold to a certain standard of quality when it comes to movies. Granted, the movies I watch now are only Christian movies, and or the occasional family friendly romance film (with my wife), and or educational documentaries.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look forward to your thoughts on Time Changer. It is my all time #1 favorite Christian film.

As for effects or theatrics: Well, I do think there has to be a certain level of quality in a film for it to be worthy to watch without cringing.

For example: Goliath 2015 is by far one of the worst Christian films.
Check out the first two or three minutes of the film where you see Goliath fighting.
Then, check out the final battle that is at 1 hour and 18 minutes.

David and Goliath 2015 - YouTube

Even if this film attempted to be more biblically accurate, it would not save this film. The effects, and acting are cringe worthy beyond imagining.
It’s just a cheesy film. Then again, I watched a lot of movies and know certain things about script writing, and film making. So I cannot help but to hold to a certain standard of quality when it comes to movies. Granted, the movies I watch now are only Christian movies, and or the occasional family friendly romance film (with my wife), and or educational documentaries.

Yet another out the ballpark! How do you find these movies? The Sci-Fi twist is interesting, same with The War Within. I want to watch T.W.W. again, get those characters down.
Will let you know when I choose the next one, keep them coming, their great!

Not sure I'll be so big on the "romance" ones but will still eventually give them a try. Bless you brother, these are some real spot on Christian movies!

Not sure which one is my fave between the two now! haha.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet another out the ballpark!

I am overjoyed you liked Time Changer.

You said:
How do you find these movies?
Basic internet searching and browsing on Christian film sites.

You said:
The Sci-Fi twist is interesting, same with The War Within.

“What if” is pretty good (if you have not seen it). It’s a Sci-Fi family comedy Christian film.

Heaven’s War is a descent Christian Sci-Fi with intense action and good special effects. It has some biblical good messages.

You may like 77 Chances. It’s also a Sci-Fi with an interesting twist to it. It’s like Groundhog Day where the main character keeps reliving the same day over, and over, and over again. But it’s a Christian version. At the end (if you stick with it), it will surprise you with a really good Christian message. I liked it, but it may not be everyone’s cup of tea. My wife was not patient with watching it the first time, but when I told her more about it later (at another time), she gave it a second chance and liked the part I told her about (even though she still did not like the whole day repeating itself).

You said:
I want to watch T.W.W. again, get those characters down.

Yes, I watched it several times after I first seen it a few years back.

You said:
Will let you know when I choose the next one, keep them coming, their great!

Redemption of Henry Myers is really exceptional. You may have to be patient with watching it in the beginning, but it really gets good.
The one scene with the protagonist and the lady character is Oscar worthy in my opinion. It’s also very emotional and has some great Christ centered messages.

You said:
Not sure I'll be so big on the "romance" ones but will still eventually give them a try. Bless you brother, these are some real spot on Christian movies!

Explaining the following Christian romance films on my list:

Lots of good comedy. It also has some good Christ centered messages.

#2. Christian Mingle.

It’s not a perfect film, and it is a little slow to start, but it shows a good change in the character towards God.
It has some good comedy, as well. Also, I have seen the lead actress in a few romance films with my wife. While this may not be her best film it definitely stands out because it is Christian.

#3. Princess Cut.

Definitely a heavier Christian focused film. It’s more of a Christian family focused film with a little bit of romance thrown in.
Important Note: There are two Princess Cut sequels to this movie, but I would not recommend the sequels because they are really not that great (in my humble opinion). The director lost his touch from what he did involving the first film. It’s a funny thing that I am glad I talked with him by email and he did ask for feedback. My reply was trying to be nice, and yet honest in ways he could improve for any future film projects (that may be a Christian romance).

#4. Finding Normal

Has a few good comedic scenes. It’s about a small town and slowing down to find things in life that you did not consider (Which are the things of God).
The romance is not a huge part of the film, and kicks in more towards the end. The film of course could have been better in some ways. For me: What makes this film are the messages by the Pastor.

But I would definitely watch these films last (Seeing your not into romance films all that much).
My encouragement is to stick with them to the end at least (to give them a chance).
Remember, the Song of Solomon is basically a romance story in the Bible.

You said:
Not sure which one is my fave between the two now! haha.

Yes, both Time Changer, and the War Within are really solid Christian films. One of my favorite scenes in Time Changer is…

When the main character preaches at the church and after he was finished, he realized how dark things are spiritually at this point in time. Meaning, most of the audience was unresponsive to his message and it made him in shock over it.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am overjoyed you liked Time Changer.

Basic internet searching and browsing on Christian film sites.

“What if” is pretty good (if you have not seen it). It’s a Sci-Fi family comedy Christian film.

Heaven’s War is a descent Christian Sci-Fi with intense action and good special effects. It has some biblical good messages.

You may like 77 Chances. It’s also a Sci-Fi with an interesting twist to it. It’s like Groundhog Day where the main character keeps reliving the same day over, and over, and over again. But it’s a Christian version. At the end (if you stick with it), it will surprise you with a really good Christian message. I liked it, but it may not be everyone’s cup of tea. My wife was not patient with watching it the first time, but when I told her more about it later (at another time), she gave it a second chance and liked the part I told her about (even though she still did not like the whole day repeating itself).

Yes, I watched it several times after I first seen it a few years back.

Redemption of Henry Myers is really exceptional. You may have to be patient with watching it in the beginning, but it really gets good.
The one scene with the protagonist and the lady character is Oscar worthy in my opinion. It’s also very emotional and has some great Christ centered messages.

Explaining the following Christian romance films on my list:

Lots of good comedy. It also has some good Christ centered messages.

#2. Christian Mingle.

It’s not a perfect film, and it is a little slow to start, but it shows a good change in the character towards God.
It has some good comedy, as well. Also, I have seen the lead actress in a few romance films with my wife. While this may not be her best film it definitely stands out because it is Christian.

#3. Princess Cut.

Definitely a heavier Christian focused film. It’s more of a Christian family focused film with a little bit of romance thrown in.

#4. Finding Normal

Has a few good comedic scenes. It’s about a small town and slowing down to find things in life that you did not consider (Which are the things of God).
The romance is not a huge part of the film, and kicks in more towards the end. The film of course could have been better in some ways. For me: What makes this film are the messages by the Pastor.

But I would definitely watch these films last (Seeing your not into romance films all that much).
My encouragement is to stick with them to the end at least (to give them a chance).
Remember, the Song of Solomon is basically a romance story in the Bible.

Yes, both Time Changer, and the War Within are really solid Christian films. One of my favorite scenes in Time Changer is…

When the main character preaches at the church and after he was finished, he realized how dark things are spiritually at this point in time. Meaning, most of the audience was unresponsive to his message and it made him in shock over it.
Yes, (spoiler) he noticed the lack of passion for the Lord and the things of The Lord. Place was very Laodicean like.
I did see Finding Normal and did like it. I believe there was another I did see with David L. White I think his name is? He's been in many Christian movies and is a great actor IMHO...he can play the funny pastor or dad and he can also play very serious roles too...he is one of my favorite Christian actors.
I'll let you know when I've seen the next, thanks so much!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, (spoiler) he noticed the lack of passion for the Lord and the things of The Lord. Place was very Laodicean like.

I would even go so far as to say they were almost stone cold but with a hint of warmth enough to sing songs to the Lord (and that’s it).
Many sitting in the audience at the church seemed bored and or disinterested while they were there.

You said:
I did see Finding Normal and did like it.

I am glad you liked it.

You said:
I believe there was another I did see with David L. White I think his name is?

David A.R. White.

You said:
He's been in many Christian movies and is a great actor IMHO...he can play the funny pastor or dad and he can also play very serious roles too...he is one of my favorite Christian actors.

I have only seen him in:

#1. The God’s Not Dead series.
#2. Encounter: Paradise Lost, and
#3. In the Blink of an Eye (Which starred his ex wife).

My favorite Christian actor is Brett Varvel (Actor: Play the Flute, The War Within).
Notable Christian films that Brett directed was:

#1. The War Within

You said:
I'll let you know when I've seen the next, thanks so much!

Cool. I hope you enjoy the next movie (Whichever one you choose).

God bless you and your family in the Lord.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After much meditation, I ended up removing the Christian film called Treasure Lies from my DVD Collection.
Language that children should not repeat was one thing that bothered but the major reason I removed this movie from my collection is because it pushes a false interpretation on 1 John 1:9 (that is spiritually devastating to our walk with God). I have been in discussion over 1 John 1:9, and I can no longer in good conscience endorse this film for Christians to watch.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still working on the list brother, taking some time with other things going on. I will also remove that one from the list. Thanks.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
full

You can watch at Amazon Prime Video here:

The DVD is also available to purchase at Amazon (if it is something you like and want to own):

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update: I added Legacy Peak to my list of Christian DVD’s on page 1.

I hope you all enjoy the film as much as I did.
Granted, the Scriptural reference could have been used better, but still a really great film - IMHO.
Great Christian family film that also keeps you on the edge of your seat.

May the Lord Jesus shine in your life.

Last edited: