My God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Stranger Can't help but wonder. How is it confusing to know there is a difference between THE STILL Living Word, which is Jesus......And the things other witnesses have written about Jesus ?
I don't discount the other statements about Jesus, I read it all often, but I do make a distinction between the few things that have been written down about Him and the Living Jesus Himself.
If Jesus is not able to appear as a man, who did everyone see, after Jesus' resurrection, where Jesus specifically says to Thomas, that He can be touched, He is not a spirit, He is made of flesh and bone? (NOT flesh and blood)
Why is it difficult to believe that the One about whom they say "He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow", can still do what He did then ?
Why all this unbelief ??????

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stranger Can't help but wonder. How is it confusing to know there is a difference between THE STILL Living Word, which is Jesus......And the things other witnesses have written about Jesus ?
I don't discount the other statements about Jesus, I read it all often, but I do make a distinction between the few things that have been written down about Him and the Living Jesus Himself.
If Jesus is not able to appear as a man, who did everyone see, after Jesus' resurrection, where Jesus specifically says to Thomas, that He can be touched, He is not a spirit, He is made of flesh and bone? (NOT flesh and blood)
Why is it difficult to believe that the One about whom they say "He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow", can still do what He did then ?
Why all this unbelief ??????

Where is the unbelief?

Stranger

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hink this is what mjrhealth is saying too
Absolutely.. The witness statements from others which are contained within the Bible, are supposed to bring those who decide to believe their statements TO CHRIST, TO the Cross....They will have ears to hear...
But then , like He, we must leave THAT cross behind us, and go forth in the Power of His Resurrection and the Power of His Spirit, that WE may become witnesses ourselves, becoming more and more ( hopefully) filled with His Grace and Truth, that we become more and more like Him...Not by our own efforts, but by Him..." To him, more will be given"
The Truth through Revelation was always the Way, He intended, for us all to become ONE in Him, a UNIFIED Body, fit for Him.......Not a body divided by the teachings and doctrines and traditions of men, while ALL claiming to just be doing what the Bible tells them to......
They say their Bibles ARE the Word of God, but IF He supposedly wrote ALL of it, He did a terrible job of it ( which of course we know He couldn't have ) and purposely made it a book of confusion, which we are assured, that He is NOT the author of !!!!!
I read all four accounts in the Gospels the other day, on what is written about after His death.....I must admit, I was a little surprised because they are different accounts, of some people being there and not being there, but in other accounts those people were there....In one Jesus says :" Touch me not, for I have not yet ascended to My Father." but in another He says :" Here, touch Me and see, it is I.".........There are many other such things in the Bible
As I pointed out, IF God or men instructed by The Holy Spirit in what to write, had TRULY written ALL that is the Bible, it would not have such differences in it....I mean, which story is the truth and which are untruths????? As they can't all be the truth.

Why would believers resist The Spirit of Truth? Why resist having Him in our lives as a REALITY? Not some invisible spirit in the sky, far far away from us, or someone only relevant to us after we die.....
Obviously this is in no way for those who DO have the awareness of the Spirit and His leading and guiding into the Truth, through what we DO see in the Bible, it certainly can be a marvelous teaching tool, if we don't try to get ahead of Him, as I can personally attest to.... It can become a problem, when we are always trying to read and figure God out from what has gone before, instead of getting to know Him NOW....God is STILL God, He is still there/here...Except NOW, He is offering us real fellowship, even better than Adam had in the garden with Him.
Alas, people reject Him, in droves !!! Saddest of all, it has been those calling themselves believers, who have prevented others from coming into the knowledge of Christ, and to go on to KNOWING Him and knowing who WE are In HIM
So, what does that leave us us with? Other than what 'mjrhealth' has been saying over and over in so many posts, as well as a couple of other people.
To me it is actually quite blasphemes to purposely substitute God and all the precious work He has done, to remove the enmity which was between us, preventing us from having fellowship with the One, who created us for that very purpose, with ONLY a book....How is that even possible ?????.....So by Jesus' actions our Father was finally free and has freed us, to be able to once again fellowship with Him, even while we are still here in our flesh upon the earth, and then the next minute mankind ( at the time a gathering of 'believers' ? in Rome ) decides that God is not for every man to know.....They will decide, what they think men should be allowed to know; about God about Jesus and about the Holy Spirit, so God gets restricted to the Book, we now refer to as the Bible. It then gets written in a language, not spoken, read nor understood by many people at all............ People just had to take the priests word for what they thought it said and what it meant.
So now we, mankind, were once again restrained from open, loving fellowship with our Father, and to this day, there are very 'religious' Christians, who INSIST that others must NOT have a relationship with the Living Word, ONLY the written one.
Well I personally have a hard time with that, as He clearly showed me otherwise !
The thick, tall Curtain separating the Holiest place with the rest of the Temple, was rent in two ( I read that this particular 'curtain' was three feet thick and 60 cubits = 70 feet tall ) , from top to bottom, when Jesus died ( Matt 27:51 ), because God would no longer be restricted, to only being able to come upon the earth, once in a while, upon the mercy Seat in the Holy of Holies, when the High Priest would offer up the sacrifices...........Jesus was the FINAL sacrifice.......Once He took the sin of the world, somehow God was now free to have access to us, through Jesus and later His Holy Spirit. No more was He going to appear on the Mercy Seat in the Temple in Jerusalem.......Jesus' blood was on it's way to the Mercy Seat in Heaven and God had no more need of coming to mankind in that fashion, hence the curtain itself tore.......
Jesus IS the best wine, saved for last ( not just the covenant itself ), but are we truly willing to drink of Him....Not just someone else's drinking Him in, but our very own.....
Truly, once you do drink of Him, you never again thirst.....He is an ever running cleansing stream to those who believe, in all of His restorative powers, made available to us by the Love and Grace of our Father, which He sent, along with the Word of His Truth, when He sent Him here to be our Redeemer.
I for one think it truly odd that most believers are content to say :" Thank you God, thank you Jesus for saving me...I will wait until I die and THEN come to you.".......I'm certain that people are still saved through believing on His Name as I am certain that our very clever Father made it so easy a two year old could do it...........
It would just be lovely to actually SEE the body of Christ, growing together in the Truth and becoming what our enemy fears the very most....An effective tool in our Fathers Hands.....For sowing, for watering, for weeding, for fertelizing , for anything He wishes He was just free to do with His Own Hands, but not quite yet....
He is asking us to be His Love, His Mercy, His Wisdom, His Grace on this earth, to show other people that Love truly does exist and that it is the foremost Highest power anywhere in the universe or beyond it.
To manifest His Glory..........To convince people of His Love for them......
Not all that many believers I have met along these past 30 years, do anything of the sort......Unfortunately !
Sorry this got long, and I know a lot of this is not for you, it kind of just fell onto the page, typed so fast lol.
God bless you and thank you for your posts....Always balanced, honest and wise :) Pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe. I would say as that book sits on the shelf, it is still what God is saying. It is not what God has said.

Stranger
Of course it is....Anything recorded anywhere in whatever form, once recorded , it is of a past event....Thus it is what He has said.....The fact that a lot of what He said still applies today, that is different.........

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe. I would say as that book sits on the shelf, it is still what God is saying. It is not what God has said.

Stranger

I liked what Amadeus said.." we get hung up on 'time'...whereas God is always in the NOW.'

Which actually makes us both right... = God said it, God is saying it, and His word stands, until the end of time. :)

Reactions: pia