My God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
And being men they got it wrong sometimes... And that is why teh bible is not Gods word it cannot give you life.
Huh?

The bible can bring to salvation.
No book written ABOUT the bible can do this.
It is a beautiful and mysterious book.

As far as life, only Jesus can give Life.
HIS story is in the New Testament, and also in the O.T. in many places since it speaks of Him.

How could you say it is not God's word?
Are you being sacrcastic?

men have died for the bible.
It is God's revelation to us.
1 John 1

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's YOUR point Stranger!
Not mine -- I was just trying to support your idea.

Each writer had their own reason for writing.
Each one saw things a little differently.

They did not huddle in a room and conspire to write.
Each one wrote what HE felt to be important.

Yes, I know. But I knew mjrhealth does not believe the Bible to be the Word of God, and so wanted to make that point that it wasn't just the writer.

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, I know. But I knew mjrhealth does not believe the Bible to be the Word of God, and so wanted to make that point that it wasn't just the writer.

Stranger
Good point.
I just found out about mj.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was/is the Word of God. He was/is the Way. He was/is the Truth. He was/is the Life.

The Bible on the on other hand was written on paper [on something similar] by men inspired by God. Without a similar inspiration, no man can obtain the Way or the Truth or the Life from the Bible. Someone who is hungry and thirsty for [God's] righteousness will filled [Matt 5:6], but it is because they are coming in the right attitude that God gives them inspiration. Inspiration, I believe,comes the Holy Spirit.

The unopened Bible is dead.
The Bible opened by someone led by the wrong spirit will remain dead.

We can call the Bible, the Word of God because of how it was written and considering what it does contain, but when we do so without speaking of the Holy Spirit role, we should realize we may cause confusion in some people who do presume we mean the Book alone.

Without the involvement of the Holy Spirit the Bible is still dead to people listening to it or reading it.

"Who [God] also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was/is the Word of God. He was/is the Way. He was/is the Truth. He was/is the Life.

The Bible on the on other hand was written on paper [on something similar] by men inspired by God. Without a similar inspiration, no man can obtain the Way or the Truth or the Life from the Bible. Someone who is hungry and thirsty for [God's] righteousness will filled [Matt 5:6], but it is because they are coming in the right attitude that God gives them inspiration. Inspiration, I believe,comes the Holy Spirit.

The unopened Bible is dead.
The Bible opened by someone led by the wrong spirit will remain dead.

We can call the Bible, the Word of God because of how it was written and considering what it does contain, but when we do so without speaking of the Holy Spirit role, we should realize we may cause confusion in some people who do presume we mean the Book alone.

Without the involvement of the Holy Spirit the Bible is still dead to people listening to it or reading it.

"Who [God] also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

You may as well say Jesus is not the Word because people reject Him.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may as well say Jesus is not the Word because people reject Him.

Stranger
Not so! He may not be their Lord when they reject Him as Lord of their lives. He remains the Word of God. The Bible is not the same thing as Jesus although the Bible effectively contains all that we need. Without the Holy Spirit we will never know what it holds for us.

The Holy Spirit may well be the "eyes to see" and the "ears to hear" of which Jesus speaks.

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so! He may not be their Lord when they reject Him as Lord of their lives. He remains the Word of God. The Bible is not the same thing as Jesus although the Bible effectively contains all that we need. Without the Holy Spirit we will never know what it holds for us.

The Holy Spirit may well be the "eyes to see" and the "ears to hear" of which Jesus speaks.

When people reject the Bible as the Word of God, it remains the Word of God also. Without the Holy Spirit one will never know Jesus either.

Jesus Christ is the physical manifestation of the Word of God, and the Bible is the written Word of God.

Stranger

Reactions: perrero and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people reject the Bible as the Word of God, it remains the Word of God also. Without the Holy Spirit one will never know Jesus either.

Jesus Christ is the physical manifestation of the Word of God, and the Bible is the written Word of God.

Stranger
Different definitions perhaps, but with ultimately the same meaning... or a difference that makes a difference.

What difference could it make to the understanding of a new convert? Even if we were to say that the Bible is the Word of God, we still would not have not explained why it never converts a single person when it is not opened and read.

Reactions: pia and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
When people reject the Bible as the Word of God, it remains the Word of God also.
no, It does not--you cannot quote the Book stating even this simple statement--and this just obscures what Word really is.
So then, because you have not found Word, you make it harder for anyone else to as well

Reactions: pia

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Different definitions perhaps, but with ultimately the same meaning... or a difference that makes a difference.

What difference could it make to the understanding of a new convert? Even if we were to say that the Bible is the Word of God, we still would not have not explained why it never converts a single person when it is not opened and read.

The new and old convert needs to know the Bible is the Word of God.

I do not understand what you are saying. Many people open and read the Bible and are not converted. So? How does Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit convert anyone?

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new and old convert needs to know the Bible is the Word of God.

I do not understand what you are saying. Many people open and read the Bible and are not converted. So? How does Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit convert anyone?

Stranger
The key my friend in having eyes to see and ears to hear what God is saying. Any unbeliever can read the Bible, but some unbeliever who read are hungry and thirsty for the righteousness of God. He proceeds to fill them. How does a person get spiritually hungry and thirsty?

How do we respond to this?

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20

Is it not the door to our heart on which He is knocking? Who is that hears His knock? Who is it that is willing to open their heart so He can come into them?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key my friend in having eyes to see and ears to hear what God is saying. Any unbeliever can read the Bible, but some unbeliever who read are hungry and thirsty for the righteousness of God. He proceeds to fill them. How does a person get spiritually hungry and thirsty?

How do we respond to this?

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20

Is it not the door to our heart on which He is knocking? Who is that hears His knock? Who is it that is willing to open their heart so He can come into them?

You have said the Bible is a dead book without the Holy Spirit using it. (Post #27) I say it is the Word of God irregardless. Jesus Christ is the Word also, yet people reject Him. He doesn't cease to be the Word.

Your remarks make no sense. They may appeal in a pseudo-spiritual way, but they are non-sense.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have said the Bible is a dead book without the Holy Spirit using it. (Post #27) I say it is the Word of God irregardless. Jesus Christ is the Word also, yet people reject Him. He doesn't cease to be the Word.

Your remarks make no sense. They may appeal in a pseudo-spiritual way, but they are non-sense.

Stranger
You have moved all around it still have not seen it. I will leave it with you and God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How could you say it is not God's word?
Are you being sacrcastic?
It is not Gods word, wanst hard to say at all.

And if I was being sarcastic I would have put up a smiley face. See BOL quotes the bible continually yet all he speaks is death to all. Even teh bible says, the word that I speak they are spirit and they are life. If teh bible was God word he wouldnt be killing Gods chidren,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have moved all around it still have not seen it. I will leave it with you and God.
This is fear and mans pride, afraid to upset teh cart, must conform with "mens" ides of christianity. Do we not serve the Living God, is He not the God of the living not teh dead, is not Christ resurrected and with God is He not than yet alive, so If he is to Give you Gods best teh HJoly Spirit why is it you choose second best the dead letter, even Jesus said,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

and just as it says, so few will go to Him to get life, the foolish virgins who will find with all there learning, church and doings, are going to find there lamps empty.

Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.
Luk 7:33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
Luk 7:34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!
Luk 7:35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.

funny how some things dont change. Actually it is so sad. God has given us so much yet so many toss it aside like our disposable junk.

Reactions: amadeus and pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because sadly christians wont listen to anything else, not even the spirit of God that He gives to those who come to Christ.