My God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
He did say it was the narrow way and few it is who find it....
Cannot click back to find out the original statement because it can't be picked up.

BUT...
It sounds like mj is saying that even Christians cannot find the narrow path and you agree with him.

So, what IS the narrow path?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is fear and mans pride, afraid to upset teh cart, must conform with "mens" ides of christianity. Do we not serve the Living God, is He not the God of the living not teh dead, is not Christ resurrected and with God is He not than yet alive, so If he is to Give you Gods best teh HJoly Spirit why is it you choose second best the dead letter, even Jesus said,

You are so often misunderstood, but I understand you fairly well. To me Jesus made it clear with his word that you have quoted about the God of the Living and not the god of the dead. There are some others who understand, but seemingly there are too many who are blind or do not care enough to search...

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

and just as it says, so few will go to Him to get life, the foolish virgins who will find with all there learning, church and doings, are going to find there lamps empty.

There are too many people carrying empty lamps around and if they even realize it they are often very slow to look for the means to fill them.

Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.
Luk 7:33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
Luk 7:34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!
Luk 7:35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.

funny how some things dont change. Actually it is so sad. God has given us so much yet so many toss it aside like our disposable junk.

People for the most part have never changed. They are basically selfish and seldom want to change more than what they already have. They may even say they have received salvation and perhaps they have at one time. Too often, I believe, they do not realize that they are like the man who was touched once by Jesus and remain seeing men as trees walking. They don't look for the second touch which will give them clearer vision. [Mark 8:23-25]

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When people reject the Bible as the Word of God, it remains the Word of God also. Without the Holy Spirit one will never know Jesus either.
Sorry 'Stranger' simply not true....Even demons know who Jesus is, and so do the dead.....he is NOW the Lord of both the living and the dead.........No amount of Bibles can be any kind of LORD........

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cannot click back to find out the original statement because it can't be picked up.

BUT...
It sounds like mj is saying that even Christians cannot find the narrow path and you agree with him.

So, what IS the narrow path?
Just scroll to the previous pages

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The new and old convert needs to know the Bible is the Word of God.
what they need to know is that that is a lie propagated by churches, none of whom know what Word is, and that you cannot even back up what you are repeating with Scripture, because it is not true. The Book was God~Breathed when It was written, but you do not have access to that, you have to read through scribes, who are well documented in Scripture. Even if you learned ancient Hebrew, you still would lack the social context to interpret it anyway. Rhema is corrupted by men, which is why you teach your children fertility rites during Passover. etc

Scripture will tell you plainly that Book=Law, and even mentions the Book of Truth, which is not the bible, but you need the Book to be Word, see, so you can pull logical half-truths from the Book and insist that others adhere to your interpretation. I'm saying "you" and "your" here, but i mean these in the common sense, not you specifically, ok. i understand that you are just repeating what you believe right now.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No......
WHAT I want to know from you is:

What is the narrow path?
No thanks, I have been caught in that snag before, both by you and 'marymog'......Seek Him yourself, you're much better off doing that at any time !

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
what they need to know is that that is a lie propagated by churches, none of whom know what Word is, and that you cannot even back up what you are repeating with Scripture, because it is not true. The Book was God~Breathed when It was written, but you do not have access to that, you have to read through scribes, who are well documented in Scripture. Even if you learned ancient Hebrew, you still would lack the social context to interpret it anyway. Rhema is corrupted by men, which is why you teach your children fertility rites during Passover. etc

Scripture will tell you plainly that Book=Law, and even mentions the Book of Truth, which is not the bible, but you need the Book to be Word, see, so you can pull logical half-truths from the Book and insist that others adhere to your interpretation. I'm saying "you" and "your" here, but i mean these in the common sense, not you specifically, ok. i understand that you are just repeating what you believe right now.
You keep saying this.
Can't we just accept Rhema as being what John says in his gospel?
Is that not enough?

What are we to do then, if every church has their own interpretation?
If the bible can't be trusted because the persons that wrote it can't be trusted, then we're just floating around out there with nothing to hang onto.

What secrets do you have that none of us have?

I'll tell you what I do when I have a doubt.
I go to the early church fathers or theologians.
Do you also not agree with this method?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No thanks, I have been caught in that snag before, both by you and 'marymog'......Seek Him yourself, you're much better off doing that at any time !
Maybe I've already found him.

So you're here to teach me how to work the software,
NOT to talk about God?

What are you doing here???
So far I've heard you speak about how spiritual you are and how you know the Lord but no one else does.

Then you don't want to even say what YOU THINK the narrow road is.

Wow. You must really believe in what you speak.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Because sadly christians wont listen to anything else, not even the spirit of God that He gives to those who come to Christ.
oh, horse puckey, more people every day are coming to this realization, i mean look you did, and you are a Christian, so now what? Even if it has led you to, what, i don't even know, discard the entire Book or something? Because It will not fit into your logic? You will be different, believe differently tomorrow, as will i ok

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
almost surely, i spose. Quote it and we'll see i guess
In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God.

The WORD was God's BREATH. God spoke and the breath that came out of Him was the WORD.

The WORD was also His reason. Jesus, as the 2nd person of the Trinity, was God's Breath, and Word and Reason.

What say you?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha well they already do, so what are you doing now? Keep doing that i guess. Seek your own salvation
Isn't salvation sought by doing what Jesus taught?
Do you trust the scribes more?
By scribes you DO mean the O.T. scribes...
or do you mean those who copied in general??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
who said that? The people who wrote it are not "scribes," at least i don't think.
Oh no.
I don't mean the SCRIBES.

Who cares about the scribes....
What goes on here??

I'm talking about those that WROTE the book, not those that COPIED it.
Apostles wrote the book. Some that knew the Apostles.
WROTE not COPIED.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God.

The WORD was God's BREATH. God spoke and the breath that came out of Him was the WORD.

The WORD was also His reason. Jesus, as the 2nd person of the Trinity, was God's Breath, and Word and Reason.

What say you?
agree to all, which is why "In the beginning was the BIBLE and the BIBLE was with God and the BIBLE was God" is so useful. Several things equate with "Word" for us, but "Bible" is not one of them, and the Bible even lists all of them

Reactions: pia