My God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I'll tell you what I do when I have a doubt.
I go to the early church fathers or theologians.
Do you also not agree with this method?
29 I know that fierce wolves will come to you after I leave, and they won't spare the flock.

imo 40 days in the wilderness cures most doubts, lemme know if you can go that long; i couldn't :)

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe I've already found him.

So you're here to teach me how to work the software,
NOT to talk about God?

What are you doing here???
So far I've heard you speak about how spiritual you are and how you know the Lord but no one else does.

Then you don't want to even say what YOU THINK the narrow road is.

Wow. You must really believe in what you speak.
I rest my case :)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
agree to all, which is why "In the beginning was the BIBLE and the BIBLE was with God and the BIBLE was God" is so useful. Several things equate with "Word" for us, but "Bible" is not one of them, and the Bible even lists all of them
But John is NOT saying the bible is the Word.
He's saying JESUS is the Word.

However, the N.T. DOES contain the word of God.
It's His word because it tells us what He wishes us to know.
Jesus is THE WORD. It teaches us about Jesus. It teaches us what Jesus expects of us. We know it when we get to know Him, but it puts it down in black and white.

It's good to have the bible. Don't you think?
Please don't answer that it's better to have Jesus.
I mean, let's not start at the beginning...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
29 I know that fierce wolves will come to you after I leave, and they won't spare the flock.

imo 40 days in the wilderness cures most doubts, lemme know if you can go that long; i couldn't :)
You haven't been 40 days in the wilderness.?
How do you know you really believe?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Fierce wolves were always around.
The early church kept them out.

The church nowadays is letting them in.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
sure, ok, please relate your experience of going out like the twelve were sent, because i gotta tell ya i made a complete hash of that lol
Who said I went out like the 12 that were sent?
If a hash was made of it, it wasn't God who told you to go...

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
who said that? The people who wrote it are not "scribes," at least i don't think.
Not ONE person can say with any certainty who wrote the bits in the new testament, as zero original documents exist, and plagiarisms was an accepted form of 'tipping your hat' at what someone else had said . It's written about in Bible Dictionaries and alike. It is a fascinating study once we get to understand how it has come about....:)

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You haven't been 40 days in the wilderness.?
How do you know you really believe?
i've been longer than that at this point, but i had the wrong idea of what "food" meant at the time, and i have a completely different perspective on the passage now. Which i guess was maybe the point. I don't think you have to literally go into the wilderness/desert now, etc. i know i "really believe" because i am drawing breath, i guess

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have no case my dear lady.
You don't DARE to.
sad.
I tried at first with you... But you, like one of those crocodiles under the surface of the water, you sit and wait, and then 'Snap' in you go for the 'kill', to try to put down and /or out our joy in the Lord, and talking down about the things He has told us and shown us, so you ( with or without you knowing it ) are putting Him down also, and that I can't abide.
Had you been seriously seeking it would have been a very different matter.
If you as you say have found Him, how can you ask these things anyway ? You are just looking for people to put down, and that is not why I am here, I prefer trying to help people build themselves up in the Lord....

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so you say, but Christ made it pretty clear, at least to me. We learn by making mistakes, mistakes are not evil. No one gets it right the first time
He once told me :" There is No such thing as failing ! ONLY trying !".
It took Him many many years to finally get that one to truly sink in with me....To comprehend what He meant by that. It's not that I disbelieved Him, I just didn't understand then, how different the world sees things, compared with Him.
Thank God for that ! We would be in deep do-do if God really was, the way mankind sees Him ( in his own understanding).

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
He once told me :" There is No such thing as failing ! ONLY trying !".
It took Him many many years to finally get that one to truly sink in with me....To comprehend what He meant by that. It's not that I disbelieved Him, I just didn't understand then, how different the world sees things, compared with Him.
Thank God for that ! We would be in deep do-do if God really was, the way mankind sees Him ( in his own understanding).
What does it mean to TRY to do something?
Do you realize that you're either doing something,
or you're not doing something.
It's simple.
There's no such thing as trying.
Think about it.

I've learned much by speaking to others.
You already know everything, so you don't need to speak to anyone.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus is the "way," so he is the path.
I know the way lforrest.
I know the path.
I'm willing to speak about what I know.

But someone here said that even Christians do not know the narrow path.

So, I'd really like to know from THAT PERSON what they believe the narrow path is.

I think it was mj. But Pia agreed with him, so she should be able to tell me. But she's afraid to.

I must be one mean person.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i've been longer than that at this point, but i had the wrong idea of what "food" meant at the time, and i have a completely different perspective on the passage now. Which i guess was maybe the point. I don't think you have to literally go into the wilderness/desert now, etc. i know i "really believe" because i am drawing breath, i guess
Is drawing breath sufficient?
What is the desert anyway?
Food? I'm not talking about food.
I'm talking about having things taken away,
or given, but you keep on believing.
That's the desert.
AFTER the desert, and you still believe,
you know you'll believe forever.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I know the way lforrest.
I know the path.
I'm willing to speak about what I know.

But someone here said that even Christians do not know the narrow path.

So, I'd really like to know from THAT PERSON what they believe the narrow path is.

I think it was mj. But Pia agreed with him, so she should be able to tell me. But she's afraid to.

I must be one mean person.

I think they make a distinction between believers and make-believers. But are not saying the truth is outside Christianity.

Reactions: GodsGrace and pia