My Grace 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we not see Christ in Paul. I always looked at Paul as a man of faith and power. We have to ask what was it .. who was it. What was paul saying in his afflictions?

Paul was a man, just a man. But what we see now, there was another in Paul that he could not move. He could go no further than that one in Paul who was made strong. Paul would declare in another place - I no longer live - Christ liveth in me. And I live by that faith. I live - his life was the life of another. He lived by that life.

Paul's weakness; he saw the cross. Where everything about him died. Everything that made him Saul of Tarsus - and now Paul! Came into focus - he could see he had no life apart from Christ who was his life. "my grace is sufficient."

Have you ever had to look someone in the eye - on a dieing sick bad, or been there yourself. Looking for the hope that lies in you! What do you say! What can you say to someone that is moments from meeting the Lord face to face. What is your hope - your faith. The grace of God - in my weakness.

Remember the song "I am weak but he is strong, keep me Jesus from all wrong."

Strong men scare me.. preaching strength. Stay away. They should scare us, we should know better. Preaching strength weakens the body of Christ. It makes it look like there is different levels in the body of Christ. Like there is big (I's) and little (you's). The flashiest of them, and the rest are just God's underlings. What a lie perpetrated on the body.

Scripture would give strong rebuke to the strong. We see it - the mighty have fallen. It is not in man's strength. It's not by might nor by power but by my Spirit sayeth the Lord.

7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.
8 They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.
9 Save, Lord: let the king hear us when we call. - Psalm 20:7-9.