My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But to the point and real meaning of Romans 9:20 which characterizes you, the man is complaining against God's purpose to save some, not others, and then crying to God because he can still find fault with man even though he leaves him in such a condition and finally condemns him. He is angry with God and calling him unfair if he does so.

That's not what is going on in Romans 9. Paul is laying out how God brought about the plan of salvation through Israel, despite Israel's rebellion. He's not talking about individuals being saved here.
verse 19: "One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?"
Notice what the rebellious Jew who doesn't like God's plan to bring salvation to the gentiles says. He actually sounds exactly like a Calvinist. He wants to know why God is blaming him for his sin when God is using it to bring salvation to the rest of the world. And then he asks who resists God's will. Paul's answer makes it clear that he is resisting God's will. (Something that is impossible under Calvinism, as they have already said on this thread.) Anyone who doubts this, go back and read the replies. Calvinists teach everything, even our sin and rebellion, is God's will. So, again, under your system, if I complain to God, God predestined me to complain against him.
And now watch the Calvinists try to backpedal and claim they never said exactly that.

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what is going on in Romans 9. Paul is laying out how God brought about the plan of salvation through Israel, despite Israel's rebellion. He's not talking about individuals being saved here.
verse 19: "One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?"
Notice what the rebellious Jew who doesn't like God's plan to bring salvation to the gentiles says. He actually sounds exactly like a Calvinist. He wants to know why God is blaming him for his sin when God is using it to bring salvation to the rest of the world. And then he asks who resists God's will. Paul's answer makes it clear that he is resisting God's will. (Something that is impossible under Calvinism, as they have already said on this thread.) Anyone who doubts this, go back and read the replies. Calvinists teach everything, even our sin and rebellion, is God's will. So, again, under your system, if I complain to God, God predestined me to complain against him.
And now watch the Calvinists try to backpedal and claim they never said exactly that.

“Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?"
Notice what the rebellious Jew who doesn't like God's plan to bring salvation to the gentiles "

BINGO-you win :D Very well put brother.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?"
Notice what the rebellious Jew who doesn't like God's plan to bring salvation to the gentiles "

BINGO-you win :D Very well put brother.
Two problems.
1. It isn't the Jew saying that. Remember, Paul is writing to the church at Rome, Gentiles, not Jews.
2. It doesn't say us. It says "Why does he still find fault?"

So no, not a bingo win.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, one simple question and you all fall apart. I don’t understand how a question can be seen as hatred or an argument so here it is once more if you all can here me up there

How do you all know you’re the elect!!
We believe the gospel by God given enablement.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe I could follow the teachings of a man who threatened death to those who did not agree with his theology.... and then made sure they were killed when he could do it.
The Teaching comes from Jesus and the Apostles , it is troubling that you say you cannot believe it.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two problems.
1. It isn't the Jew saying that. Remember, Paul is writing to the church at Rome, Gentiles, not Jews.
2. It doesn't say us. It says "Why does he still find fault?"

So no, not a bingo win.
Funny how they always miss it, and every attempt to interpret is to get themselves off the hook. "Here, let me make this not applicable to me and neutralize it! Phew, I feel better now!"

Reactions: reformed1689

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how they always miss it, and every attempt to interpret is to get themselves off the hook. "Here, let me make this not applicable to me and neutralize it! Phew, I feel better now!"
They also go silent when you give them something that blows their falsehoods out of the water.