My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that is what you have decided is truth. I really believe that God gave us the opportunity to choose. That is our free will, to choose God or mammon.
The problem is that our will is not free. Our will is in bondage to sin. Now, we come to what you mean by free will. If by free will you mean the ability to choose anything according to one's nature, then yes. I agree, we have free will. But if by free will you mean that we have two choices and it is a coin toss to make an equally viable choice between the two, nature disregarded, then no, we do not have that kind of free will. We will always choose according to our nature and, in our natural state, we always choose sin. We always rebel against God. We do not seek after God.

Because God knows beforehand who will choose rightly, does not mean the choice is not ours. What is predestinated is that some will make it. Who will be in that elect group is only known ahead of
time [if time is even an issue with God] by God.
This is a misunderstanding of Romans 8 when it says foreknew. Foreknew is not foresight.

The means is measured by Him according to our Love for Him and our neighbors.
That's not the standard of salvation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is such a thing as too much emphasis on the Holy Spirit. And I'm waiting for the liberal charismatic meltdown that is going to occur because of this comment.
Too much emphasis on the Holy Spirit? Please give me one scripture that really says or implies this. Without the Holy Spirit is there any real Life?

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too much emphasis on the Holy Spirit? Please give me one scripture that really says or implies this. Without the Holy Spirit is there any real Life?

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63
Without the HolySpirit all we have is an open grave between our ears.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that our will is not free. Our will is in bondage to sin. Now, we come to what you mean by free will. If by free will you mean the ability to choose anything according to one's nature, then yes. I agree, we have free will. But if by free will you mean that we have two choices and it is a coin toss to make an equally viable choice between the two, nature disregarded, then no, we do not have that kind of free will. We will always choose according to our nature and, in our natural state, we always choose sin. We always rebel against God. We do not seek after God.

This is a misunderstanding of Romans 8 when it says foreknew. Foreknew is not foresight.

It is refreshing to see another brother on the Rock, sound and solid in the faith.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 3:6 KJV
[6] And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Tecarta Bible

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You always complicate things with the theological conclusions of men as it they were ATs instead of surrendering to God and finally becoming able to hear what He is saying through the Holy Spirit!

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 18:10-14

I know... like the Catholics you have an answer for everything. Why should I accept yours and not theirs? As one of their representatives here would tell you, they've been around longer... as if that made a difference.

Without loving God there is no salvation! Read I Corinthians 13 in the Spirit! What are the two greatest commandments according to Jesus?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You automatically assume that when I say too much emphasis on the Holy Spirit I must mean we don't use the Spirit at all. No. What I am saying is there is so much emphasis on the Holy Spirit that we fall into error of ignoring the Scripture, or come up with some private interpretation when Scripture is plainly understood, or start having special signs (prayer language etc) that goes against Scriptural authority and teaching.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You always complicate things with the theological conclusions of men as it they were ATs instead of surrendering to God and finally becoming able to hear what He is saying through the Holy Spirit!

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 18:10-14

I know... like the Catholics you have an answer for everything. Why should I accept yours and not theirs? As one of their representatives here would tell you, they've been around longer... as if that made a difference.

Without loving God there is no salvation! Read I Corinthians 13 in the Spirit! What are the two greatest commandments according to Jesus?
Amazingly upon reading the epistles there isn’t much mentioned about Hell
The apostles didn’t use it as a fear tactic.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You automatically assume that when I say too much emphasis on the Holy Spirit I must mean we don't use the Spirit at all. No. What I am saying is there is so much emphasis on the Holy Spirit that we fall into error of ignoring the Scripture, or come up with some private interpretation when Scripture is plainly understood, or start having special signs (prayer language etc) that goes against Scriptural authority and teaching.
People must pray like "Oh, let my interpretation be right! See, I'm on a forum and want to prove a Calvinist wrong! Please let me add to the text my own ideas and then say you led me to this interpretation which makes it appear if they challenge it they're going against very God! And, oh, yes, let all my followers see and like my post. In my name I pray, amen."

Reactions: SovereignGrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You automatically assume that when I say too much emphasis on the Holy Spirit I must mean we don't use the Spirit at all.
You should be clear about what you mean. You already know we disagree on things. To discuss we need to communicate. I cannot read your mind nor do I believe can you read mine!
No. What I am saying is there is so much emphasis on the Holy Spirit that we fall into error of ignoring the Scripture, or come up with some private interpretation when Scripture is plainly understood, or start having special signs (prayer language etc) that goes against Scriptural authority and teaching.
I agree that having the Holy Spirit alone is may always be a problem [But not for newbies]. However, if a person is to grow in the Lord, he must partake of all that God has to offer. When the Holy Spirit has nothing to quicken in us we cannot grow closer to God.

Scripture is never plainly understood without the Holy Spirit. As for your mentioned ATs, until you open your mind and heart to even really listen we cannot discuss because there is no communication... only lecturing on your part. That is extremely one-sided and the mountain you are building with it as I see it is a Tower of Babel like the one in Genesis 11. I believe that ultimately the result will be no better because there is no Holy Spirit in it.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll say it again, since you must have missed it.... God is not unfair. He gave His own son so that every single person now born on this Earth since Christ died, could have eternal life with Him.

It is the followers of that mad tyrant, John Calvin, who try to convince people God made most of humanity as pre-damned to burn in Hell, no matter what. They are already doomed, (according to that insane killer's followers) and have no way to get out of guaranteed damnation.
What a totally ignorant and ill-informed post. You present no facts, accuse millions of Christians who believe these truths and offer nothing positive. You have no scriptural support for your false ideas.
Here you speak of a potential salvation, but scripture speaks of an accomplished redemption Heb.9:12

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'll say it again, since you must have missed it.... God is not unfair. He gave His own son so that every single person now born on this Earth since Christ died, could have eternal life with Him.
Who are you!? Who are you to tell God what is or is not fair? How arrogant!