My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unregenerate person will never confess the Christ as Lord and Savior as he, in
Your problem is you don't believe God convicts everyone. It's called prevenient Grace.
No, the unregenerate cannot confess Christ until he accepts him as Savior.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:13 answers as to why they did this; "Who were born..."
He asked me if I believe I have the power to become a son of God. I gave him that verse to show him, no I, or anyone else, doesn’t. Properly understood, power in the KJV actually means right. He gives us the right to become one of His children.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your problem is you don't believe God convicts everyone. It's called prevenient Grace.
No, the unregenerate cannot confess Christ until he accepts him as Savior.
Jon, show us a verse that says God convicts every single person who's ever lived, and that it's called prevenient grace.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does this even relate?

a lot of emphasis on receiving of the gift while continuing in hating your brother? How do they coexist being claimed partaking of the light while continuing in darkness. Doesn’t He say leave the gift and go be reconciled to your brother First. Also, James 1:17-20 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. [18] Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. [19] Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: [20] For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He asked me if I believe I have the power to become a son of God. I gave him that verse to show him, no I, or anyone else, doesn’t. Properly understood, power in the KJV actually means right. He gives us the right to become one of His children.
Right is the better interpretation. Their errant take makes their salvation a reward: Since they in their sincere love and power of free will, while dead in sins, received him, then the becoming his children was a reward for doing it. In other words they earned it by doing.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Theology is literally the study of God.

“Theology is literally” the study of God.
Christ is Spiritually...learning of God. Matthew 11:27-29 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. [28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

“I am meek and lowly in heart” Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

What is concerning is whenever someone taste of the fruits and suggest they are bitter...it is rejected as but that is ”theology.” “flesh and blood”

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right is the better interpretation. Their errant take makes their salvation a reward: Since they in their sincere love and power of free will, while dead in sins, received him, then the becoming his children was a reward for doing it. In other words they earned it by doing.
Right! Wait! Left? Middle?

He gave us the right to become His son, not power. Power could make some think they did it themselves.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Theology is literally” the study of God.
Christ is Spiritually...learning of God. Matthew 11:27-29 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. [28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

“I am meek and lowly in heart” Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

What is concerning is whenever someone taste of the fruits and suggest they are bitter...it is rejected as but that is theology.
???

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell us about Jesus. Do it without theology.
There was this dark complected man who went around Israel raising the dead, healing the sick, giving sight to the blind, ticking off these really super religious guys, calling them children of the devil. He even went around knocking on doors desiring to come into their houses. All the while, carrying a lamb around in his arms.

Way super cool stuff, bruh!

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are pitting scripture against scripture? I never understood why you all even appeal to that verse. There's nothing there about the spirit being irresistible.
The wind blows where it wishes refers to how the Spirt moves my friend. If you can resist the wind blowing upon you, so can you resist the Spirit.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is made manifest in my love for you.
not the way I see it at all. I see it as modeling what I admire greatly.