My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I do not have that power. That comes from God, per John 1:12.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Born of a quickening (life giving) Spirit. 2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Born of a quickening (life giving) Spirit. 2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Agreed.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
right to become or “deny”
2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
You’re using two different words transliterated power. In 2 Timothy 3:5 power is δύναμις (dynamis) and it means power, strength, ability. It’s where the word dynamite comes from.

In John 1:12, the word power is transliterated from
ἐξουσία (exousia) and it means power, ability, faculty, liberty, license, authority, rule, right, etc. Context determines what English word is used. Greek words tend to have a wide semantic range.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh trust me, the way people here talk I must be the direct product of satan himself with my meanness, bullying, abusive behavior.
They want people who are proven in a cult to go to hell, so something inside them tells them to come and tell those in a cult, that are deceived, "It's OK, you're a Christian."

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this needs posited here for reading...

"If you are clear in your theology and in your doctrine you will know that no natural man can believe the gospel... So if you expect a natural man to believe the gospel simply because you are putting it to him, you are denying the gospel; you have not understood it yourself."

Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

“We possess neither the ability, free will, power, nor the righteousness to repair ourselves and escape the wrath of God. It must all be God’s work, Christ’s work, or there is no salvation.”

Michael Horton

“God Himself supplies the necessary condition to come to Jesus. That’s why it is sola gratia, by grace alone, that we are saved.”

R.C. Sproul

“The gospel is the power of God. It does not depend upon me and my faithfulness. If it did we would all be lost. It is God’s power to keep, to justify and to sanctify and to glorify—to take us right into heaven itself. . . nothing can stop it.”

Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones