My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a lot of emphasis on receiving of the gift while continuing in hating your brother? How do they coexist being claimed partaking of the light while continuing in darkness. Doesn’t He say leave the gift and go be reconciled to your brother First. Also, James 1:17-20 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. [18] Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. [19] Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: [20] For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
the Gift thatI was speaking of is salvation. I'm still not sure what you are meaning. Do we have to be reconciled with our brother before being saved? This is about people that are believers, IMO.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wind blows where it wishes refers to how the Spirt moves my friend. If you can resist the wind blowing upon you, so can you resist the Spirit.
Wow, that's really stretching the metaphor. But I guess if you read everything with your Calvinist lenses on you can read into it anything you want.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 12:32
John 16:8 -9
Great! If He is drawing everyone w/o exception, then everyone w/o exception is saved. In John 6, those He draws, He will also raise on the last day. :)

I knew you’d post John 16:8. Told you, didn’t I @Preacher4Truth ?

If the world means everybody w/o exception, then how do you exegete this verse?

Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.[1 John 2:15]

If world means everybody w/o exception, then if you love everybody w/o exception, then the Father’s love is not in you.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Gift thatI was speaking of is salvation. I'm still not sure what you are meaning. Do we have to be reconciled with our brother before being saved? This is about people that are believers, IMO.

every good and perfect gift is from above yet He says anyone who hates his brother is in darkness still...? How then can you have accepted a gift while continuing in hating your brother? That is all I’m asking...can you? Then why would it not be a significant verse to the (or any) gift and your brother?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, that's really stretching the metaphor. But I guess if you read everything with your Calvinist lenses on you can read into it anything you want.
Again, can you resist the wind blowing up in you? If you can, you can also resist the Holy Spirit.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great! If He is drawing everyone w/o exception, then everyone w/o exception is saved. In John 6, those He draws, He will also raise on the last day. :)

I knew you’d post John 16:8. Told you, didn’t I @Preacher4Truth ?

If the world means everybody w/o exception, then how do you exegete this verse?

Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.[1 John 2:15]

If world means everybody w/o exception, then if you love everybody w/o exception, then the Father’s love is not in you.
Yes, I knew he'd go there.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wind blows where it wishes refers to how the Spirt moves my friend. If you can resist the wind blowing upon you, so can you resist the Spirit.

Is He not telling of ”those born of the Spirit?” “You hear the sound, but can not tell where it cometh and where it goeth.”
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Romans 10:17-18 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. [18] But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is He not telling of ”those born of the Spirit?” “You hear the sound, but can not tell where it cometh and where it goeth.”
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Romans 10:17-18 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. [18] But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
Could be? I tend to believe the Christ is telling Nicodemus that the Spirit moves and it can’t be hindered. If one can hinder the wind, one can hinder the Spirit.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 3:18-19 KJV
[18] My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. [19] And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Action speaks louder than words. This is how He is made manifest, for whom ever can receive it.
Tecarta Bible

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be? I tend to believe the Christ is telling Nicodemus that the Spirit moves and it can’t be hindered. If one can hinder the wind, one can hinder the Spirit.

Romans 10:17-18 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. [18] But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world

“have they not heard?” John 3:10-12 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? [11] Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. [12] If I have told you earthly things(that which is seen), and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things(that which is not seen)?

“if I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, ....how shall you believe, if I tell you heavenly things?” Only One way as He told Nicodemus you must be born of the Spirit. As the word says the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit for they are foolishness to him.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:17-18 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. [18] But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world

“have they not heard?” John 3:10-12 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? [11] Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. [12] If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

“if I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, ....how shall you believe, if I tell you heavenly things?” Only One way as He told Nicodemus you must be born of the Spirit. As the word says the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit for they are foolishness to him.
One admits to not having been given this power or “right” and the bully forbids that he receive it?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One admits to not having been given this power or “right” and the bully forbids that he receive it?
You asked me if I had the power, not been given the power. Huge difference. I said I was given the right to become the son of God. Please do not twist my words

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“have they not heard?” John 3:10-12 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? [11] Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. [12] If I have told you earthly things(that which is seen), and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things(that which is not seen)?

Bingo!