My Mother Tells Me To Stop Spreading Christian Universalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Doesn't sound like you ever read the Bible.

Psalm 111
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
sooooo, one is required to dismiss all logic and reason in favour of how one understands the bible? ....so I would ask, who's understanding? ...there are many of them.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sooooo, one is required to dismiss all logic and reason in favour of how one understands the bible? ....so I would ask, who's understanding? ...there are many of them.
The Bible is not "logic and reason". It's about the miraculous God of everything, Jesus who drowned all on Earth but 8 "making them an example".

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible is not "logic and reason". It's about the miraculous God of everything, Jesus who drowned all on Earth but 8 "making them an example".
explain to me then how one who loves (has affection towards his creatures) can drown and burn his children?
....and I wonder what this text means, 'come let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet I will make them white as snow' Isaiah 1:18

Reactions: Azim

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ohh, you mean you have a tender heart that goes out to the erring children of men?
Of course.

Jude 1
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;
23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,

Satan LOVES Universalism!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course.

Jude 1
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;
23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,

Satan LOVES Universalism!
allow me to ask this, what do you think Universalism means. Be careful, you might use reason and logic which is not inline with the bible!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
allow me to ask this, what do you think Universalism means. Be careful, you might use reason and logic which is not inline with the bible!
According to the Universalist Patrick even the Devil will be saved.

Reactions: ScottA

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to the Universalist Patrick even the Devil will be saved.
hear the question Jack. I'm not asking you to tell me what Patrick believes, I'm asking what you believe.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've been quoting Jesus. Don't you know what Jesus said?
I think you get off on argument and decoy. By your own admission, the bible is not logical or reasonable (post #22)
By that measure, I think the chickens have a better chance of understanding. :)

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you get off on argument and decoy. By your own admission, the bible is not logical or reasonable (post #22)
By that measure, I think the chickens have a better chance of understanding. :)
Nice smokescreen. So you reject my challenge! You will certainly lose!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I prefer to think of Harold as just being very enthusiastic! :)

He is indeed, "very enthusiastic." But his Original Post here reveals the greater truth of his mental state. He is obviously very troubled (to put it nicely). :(

Helen's advise was right on.

Reactions: Harold

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being a mother myself I can relate to your mother …
I am sure that your mother is worried about you because you appear to be totally obsessed with UR!! You sound as if you have become very unbalanced .

Ramming it down people’s throat is not sharing the Good News .
God is well able to move by the Spirit in people’s lives . His kingdom won’t fall apart if you don’t leave your verses all over town .
it sounds like you have lost your peace , and would panic if you had no paper to write on.

Try relaxing in God , stay home , stay quiet , and let God touch people’s hearts while you PRAY!
Pray for your neighbours , Pray for you town .
Start listening to the leadership of Gods Spirit …..”Be Still and Know That He Is God! “
Thanks Helen for your kind words. :D And for everyone else's replies that I've been lurking on here reading through (yes, even you infernalists, I bless you).

She's mentioned it's tricky since it is the Bible. Like... can a person read too much of the Bible? Ahhh a difficult question...

I do agree though that ramming news down people's throat is not that effective. I feel like it's a way for me to justify going out, since I have this need for like... a lot of things I do to be justified biblically. Like, oh going to the mall, better bring some Bible verses so it's like I'm soulwinning at the same time. That sort of mentality.

So good advice, hopefully I can find a way to get more downtime somehow. With the state of the world right now, it's kind of made me think like, wow, how much time do we got left to win souls? Maybe a pride or ego thing on my end, idk, overworking, like Moses trying to do everything in Exodus. God bless Helen <3

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Update to the situation btw since I was talking with her today, July 28 2023

My mother tells me that I don’t know what’s good and what’s bad. My mother says that everyone already knows about it [the evil Iglesia Ni Cristo], like her relatives, however I must still expose this evil. She has screamed at me for many many years and I forgive her.

My mother says quote: “I feel sorry. You’re overdoing it. I don’t like you writing about the church. I’m telling you. “

She says something like, do you think you are righteous because you do this? I reply something like, I am a sinner who has committed many wrongdoings. My mother replies, yes we all are.

As my mother leaves I tell to her “God bless”

My mother tells me that there is a doctor who has years of experience who helps a patient, but the patient goes online to get their health information instead. She tells me to not talk to strangers offline, and that includes strangers online. My friends on these Christian Forums, I will continue speaking with you. Because, like I told me mother, did not the disciples help the strangers? If we are to go “Stranger Danger” with all strangers, then tell me, who is there that’s left for us to help, to evangelize too, to pray for, to support in the name of Christ?

“You are not listening to me” she tells me, which is ironic, since I am listening to her. But because it is the Will of The Father that I continue promoting Christianity online and offline, I cannot obey her command to stop doing those things. He takes superiority, authority, over my earthly parent.

My mother looks at me with wide eyes and tells me that I will be manipulated to kill someone. I reply to her that murder is a sin. Truly, the one’s who are most susceptible to manipulation by the Devil are those who do not read the Bible at all, because how can they know what is good and what is evil?

Exodus 20:13 ESV You shall not murder.

My mother asks how I can be a leader, how I can lead the household. This refers to the fact that we are worried she may have breast cancer and may die, due to the results of her mammogram, so she tells me this because I am the first born male and our earthly father is not that involved in house hold activities. The way I feel is, I’m just an ordinary average person, so I can help out in whatever role the LORD gives to me. Let’s not think about titles so much, but rather, just do the best we can do in our given situations my friends!

My mother tells me it’s not too late to change my action. “It’s not too late… you have to change and I will forgive you.” Even still, I already forgive her for her actions. I love her and care for her. It’s why I feel I can handle it when there’s pushback against Christian Universalism from people online, like here on ChristianityBoard lol, or other places I'm on like CityData, ChristianForums.net, etc. I’m already familiar with those feelings by talking to my mother regularly about Christianity.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mother: Don't waste your time buying all those index cards. Smart people don't do that. Do you see Bill Gates, Elon Musk writing...Read it just for you don't share it. I'm already annoyed by that, so how much more other people. How much more people who are really religious annoyed by that.

[She's referring to my Bible verses I write for evangelism, she calls it ridiculous. She tells me not to do it because she fears an evil organizatiob will murder my family and I. It's not a waste. And the Lord tells us to spread this good news, thus I do.]

Today, July 2nd, Sunday, around 1:45 AM it is now, my mother offered me bread. We both ate the bread and behold, she said to me.

Mother: What you're doing is not good.
I disagree, spreading Christian Universalism is good.

Mother says that I will be fired from future employment because they will recognize my handwriting for evangelism Bible verse. She says I will not have a job and become homeless, like people on the streets. Truly, I am friends with the people you see on the streets, I bless them. God protects them, thus He will protect me as well.

My mother calls me stupid multiple times. "Crazy" she calls me, "So crazy". She does not like hearing Bible verses I show and tell to her. She brought up this conversation, I am merely responding to her. She wonders if I am even listening. I am, that's why I reply. Just because a person does not 100% agree with you means that they are ignoring you. If that were the case, I think many conversations would end very quickly lol.

She tells me my younger sister will abandon me. I say to her like "Even if i am completely alone, I still have Christ"

Now even my younger sister, who is a Christian Universalist, calls it a little odd as I refer to handing our physical handwritten Bible verses I give to others. She's worried I would harm my family's reputation. She says it's too far. The Bible disagrees, as writing was used to spread the good news of Christ.

My sister says to only spread the Gospel when they go to church, like inside the physical building. I am against this. At least my father, though he is not a Christian Universalist, agrees with my evangelism. He says how only spreading Christianity inside of a Christian church is just like "preaching to the choir". I agree with him, though I am a Christian Universalist, faith comes from hearing. And how can those outside of a Christian church hear the good news unless it is told to them?

Indeed, I have walked up to people and handed them my handwritten UR message. I even personalize it based on where they are at times, gives it a unique feeling. I still remember the happiness of one person, who even personally thanked me for the Bible support. Because of their joy, all of these efforts were worth it.

Mother says: What's wrong with you
She said when she saw me writing Bible verses about Christian Universalism

July 2 2023 My mother checks my pockets for Bible verses since she’s against me spreading them. Luckily, I’m able to get the Bible verses past her, my thanks to the Lord of Hosts Christ.

Now my mother, a Christian, and my younger sister, a Christian Universalist, are both against me spreading the good news of Christian Universalism by handing out my handwritten Bible verses to people in public. They have been my close friends for so many years, I still love them, but even if I am completely alone, I will still have Christ.

Though my earthly father is not a Christian Universalist, he is still a Christian, like my mother, he supports my soulwinning, so I felt his support here much more than those two.

I wept so much when gently talking to my mother and sister today that I continued crying inside our house, outside, in the car ride to church, and throughout the physical church meeting while singing to worship music.

There, they showed this verse
Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (NKJV)

treasure θησαυρός (thēsauros)
Strong's 2344: A store-house for precious things;

Jesus is precious. My mother and sister are precious to me. Are we not all precious to Him as well? Therefore, He will store us in His Father’s House. He will never completely lose us. All will have faith in Christ to be permanently saved thus.

July 3 2023 11:11 PM
My mother saw me writing Bible verses about Christian Universalism and spoke

Mother says: It’s taking your life. It’s not worth it, be wise. I want you to be wise. You need to have a good friend, not online. [My mother does not want me to communicate with people online, I am against this, as the Christian Universalist forums have been my support.]

Mother says: You don’t know what type of person you’re talking to online. You’re being manipulated! You’re smart… use that… use your smartness.

I reply: Proverbs 16:20 Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good.
I find writing Bible verses relaxing and it’s good to spread the Gospel

I thought I can count on you.

[July 3 2023 Around Lunch]
My mother is actively trying to stop me from spreading the Gospel of Christ, that He will save all.

My family were preparing to go out, I was sitting peacefully waiting for them. Suddenly, my mother came in and grabbed the Bible verses from the right side of my shorts, she took them from me! I suddenly realized that she was about to grab the Bible verses from the left side of my shorts, so I quickly when outside to be with my earthly father who recently went out the door. I was going to use those Bible verses to spread the good news in public, so I asked my father for a writing utensil. There was a pen inside the car, and I found paper, so I began to write more Bible verses in the garage, to at least kind of make up for the Bible verses I had lost. I pray to the Lord these verses are protected and that my mother is blessed. And I'm grateful that I at least have these ones I can still use. I have placed the Bible verses in my shoes, left and right, inside of my socks at the bottom of my feet to help prevent my mother from taking away my Bible verses. I will not stop spreading the Bible.

When my mother came into the car I asked her if she could please return the Bible verses that she took from me. She asked why, so I told her I would use them to spread the Bible verses. As of typing this in the car while my father is driving, she has not returned those Bible verses she took from me.

My mother tells me to do my work like my day job, and I indeed do that, I was working on it on my phone this morning while eating breakfast. It’s the weekend, I already sent in my weekly submission days ago. I work for the Lord, who will surely reward with that which is greater than mere physical money.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not every CU believes the devil will be reconciled to God.
This is known as Human CU. Those who do believe Satan will be saved are known mostly as Radical CU's

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not every CU believes the devil will be reconciled to God.
This is known as Human CU. Those who do believe Satan will be saved are known mostly as Radical CU's
Hi ButterflyJones.

I can understand the Human CU. Not sure who came up with the term "Radical CU" but the way I see it, Satan is a rational being. One example is how Satan can have dialogue with the LORD

Job 1:7 The LORD said to Satan, “From where have you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.

Now we know that Satan is evil, obviously. A fallen angel, just like us fallen humans. So will not even Satan be convinced to believe in Christ and be saved, just like the rest of us?

Psalm 145:14 The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.