My new book is out! "The Sum of All Possibilities in Christ"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I can’t take it anymore. I’m out of here. I had a real knot, so I spoke. I have no desire to watch this happen. Thanks for the book epi. It’s very good, despite men judging a book by its cover title and despite ProjectPeter 2.0 here.
It’s a stunningly good book. Any knot of my own doesn’t stop it being very, very good.

Hi Stunnedbygrace,

Unfortunately I do not know ProjectPeter so this is news to me.
I am just being honest about my reaction to being told I am a religious lost believer is to simply refute this.
I have listened to some preachers who put some very good points but their framework is wrong, and often heretical.

The difficulty is the framework matters. I have heard so many times with the right teacher I will see the truth.
Clearly their teacher is not Jesus.

Sin distorts us, hurt blinds us, hatred hides our own failures and weaknesses.
A pure heart is a needed thing, but this is not purity how we think of it.
This is seeing things as they are with a loving attitude to all. It balances all the crazy issues that create our
personalities, so we finally see the simple realities all around us.

God bless you

Reactions: marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One of the main purposes of the book is to show the full range of what is possible in Christ. The Bible gives us that range...God is not holding out on us. He is not hiding the possibilities...He is both informing us and warning us. People are taught that to be "saved" is all there is to it. However, we can go beyond "saved" and be "saved" and still walk in eternal darkness. There are vessels both of honour AND dishonour in God's house. So then the "all " possibilities includes the wicked, the righteous, the filthy and the saints. That's four possibilities.

Listing all the possibilities may strike you as arrogant...but it should strike you as informative.

Would you prefer "The Sum of Some Possibilities in Christ? " :)

I am listing all the possibilities as per the words of God. Normally people ignore the warnings of God to settle on a good outcome for themselves and a bad outcome for whoever is not like them. Can you not see where the arrogance lies?
I would see it as all the possibilities open to your/my awareness......and I'm certain you would agree that your/my perceptions have limitations as does all of ours.
The wonder of the generosity of God in Jesus is far more than the mortal mind can comprehend yet that is not to say we should not strive to comprehend.
I think in eternity this wonder will continue to blossom; it's height and depth and width and breath taking beauty, continue to unfold. We will never become complacent and arrive at a place where we say we see it all.

The more I understand, the more I realise how little I understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: WalkInLight

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Over thinking rather than heart caring.

The Lord forgave Nineveh because His heart desired the repent rather that face destruction. Was very profound,
God bless you

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading your book again since I’m seeing real well now. When you say- possible to be wrong in Doctrine but right in practice and right in doctrine but wrong in practice - I think a parable tells that, the one about the son saying yes but then not doing and the other saying no but then later doing.
A slightly deeper seeing (for me) of the story/parable.

Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where you talk about being careful not to tip the scales in favor of a preferential reading of the Bible, I was reminded of a verse I’ve never found again. I have to paraphrase it because I’ve never yet found it again.
The gist of it is that even if you tip things in favor of God, or…try to make Him look good by some exaggeration, He won’t be pleased.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh…”without negating what is being conveyed in the lower resolution.” The first times I read the book I was only seeing that as regards righteousness and holiness but I’ve also seen something at least similar in that sometimes a man will…insist he has a deeper spiritual truth about something when he cant have seen something deeper as far as I can see because whatever he sees makes even what you first see a lie. Like, even in the temporal world it no longer has any meaning. Like, death no longer means death AT ALL, in ANY sense. In fact, it becomes that death actually means eternal life (of torture)and there’s literally no such thing as death (As regards the debate over eternal torture vs. annihilation.)