My prayer as concerning those who fight against me on these boards.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By "those who fight against me", I mean those who seek to discourage people from being ministered to by my posts by decrying the gospel that I preach.

Here is my prayer:

Psa 35:1, [[A Psalm of David.]] Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
Psa 35:2, Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
Psa 35:3, Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
Psa 35:4, Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
Psa 35:5, Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
Psa 35:6, Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.
Psa 35:7, For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.
Psa 35:8, Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.
Psa 35:9, And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.

Psa 66:18, If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
Psa 66:19, But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
Psa 66:20, Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By "those who fight against me", I mean those who seek to discourage people from being ministered to by my posts by decrying the gospel that I preach.

Here is my prayer:

Psa 35:1, [[A Psalm of David.]] Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
Psa 35:3, Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
Psa 35:4, Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
Psa 35:5, Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
Psa 35:6, Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.
Psa 35:7, For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.
Psa 35:8, Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.
Psa 35:9, And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.

Psa 66:19, But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
Psa 66:20, Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

The directive to love your neighbour as yourself is not new in scripture. Even David was a distance to that. What is new is Jesus' directive to love as I have loved you.

The Pharisee in Jesus' story thanked God he was not like other men and it becomes evident that David had a different understanding of God than that of Jesus. Who do we use as our guiding light?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The directive to love your neighbour as yourself is not new in scripture. Even David was a distance to that. What is new is Jesus' directive to love as I have loved you.

The Pharisee in Jesus' story thanked God he was not like other men and it becomes evident that David had a different understanding of God than that of Jesus. Who do we use as our guiding light?
We are to consider that all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

The Psalms are prayers that were inspired by the Lord given as examples as concerning what we ought to pray in any given situation where they might apply.

You are right that King David was aware of the commandment to love his neighbor as himself.

Even in the New Testament we are told that it is expedient for us not to take revenge ourselves but to leave it up to the Lord; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." (Romans 12:19).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, God showed us a new way in Christ, as children, and no more servants.

The Father told Jesus that only the ones the Father drew would come to Him, but Jesus said if He were lifted up - crucified - He would draw all men to Himself.

David lived in the time of Isreal The chosen nation, the only people in covenant with God, but now God invites everyone into the new covenant.

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith

Do you ever pray to the Lord that if you are in error concerning doctrine to show you?

I pray that prayer often.

If you have to explain a biblical doctrine with many words it’s probably not biblical.

I say this because I have challenged you myself on Bible issues.

But I do not view you as my enemy.

2 Thessalonians 3:15
Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016

Here is my prayer:

Why does it bother you so much that people have their own opinions?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here is my prayer:

I am not in agreement with some of your teachings but I don't seek to strive against you over it.
If I share what I believe and is contradictory to your belief that to me isn't fighting against you but reasoning with you.
Acts 17:2 ESV
And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Acts 18:4 ESV
And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and tried to persuade Jews and Greeks.

Acts 24:25
And as he reasoned about righteousness and self-control and the coming judgment, Felix was alarmed and said, “Go away for the present. When I get an opportunity I will summon you.”

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it bother you so much that people have their own opinions?

I am not against people having their own opinions...

However, one person on these boards has chosen to fight against the doctrine that I preach by calling it a "FALSE and PERVERTED gospel"...and yet he is the one who has perverted the right ways of the Lord by preaching that a man does not need to repent (of sins) in order to be saved.

That person will be held accountable to the Lord for the people that he is turning away from the faith.

Act 13:8, But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation ) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.
Act 13:9, Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,
Act 13:10, And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
Act 13:11, And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.
Act 13:12, Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.

I am not in agreement with some of your teachings but I don't seek to strive against you over it.
If I share what I believe and is contradictory to your belief that to me isn't fighting against you but reasoning with you.
Acts 17:2 ESV
And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Acts 18:4 ESV
And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and tried to persuade Jews and Greeks.

Acts 24:25
And as he reasoned about righteousness and self-control and the coming judgment, Felix was alarmed and said, “Go away for the present. When I get an opportunity I will summon you.”

And of course you are not the one that I was referring to in the OP.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I am not against people having their own opinions...

However, one person on these boards has chosen to fight against the doctrine that I preach by calling it a "FALSE and PERVERTED gospel"...and yet he is the one who has perverted the right ways of the Lord by preaching that a man does not need to repent (of sins) in order to be saved.
That person will be held accountable to the Lord for the people that he is turning away from the faith.
Ok but this is an entire thread based on you claiming that anyone that disagrees with you needs praying for as if their soul is in danger because they don't agree with you.
You get proved wrong a lot, sorry about that, but don't you think this is a bit much.
When I was young and just learning the bible I made mistakes all the time, it's part of the learning process.everyone goes through it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You get proved wrong a lot,
I don't think I have ever been proven wrong since coming to these boards.

For, I always bring scripture to bear upon every issue that substantiates my viewpoint.

I don't think that anyone has brought up any scripture, since I started posting here, that disproves my viewpoints in any way, shape, or form.

And if they did, I would immediately change my viewpoint.

When I was young and just learning the bible

I am not young and just learning the Bible. I have been studying it for over 35 years.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok but this is an entire thread based on you claiming that anyone that disagrees with you needs praying for as if their soul is in danger because they don't agree with you.
No, this thread is based on a prayer that the Lord Himself will defeat my enemies who seek to bring disrepute to my name and doctrine with accusations against my doctrine.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith

Scripture has no effect on those who have added to them more that what is written.

As you have done with John 8:24
Scripture interprets scripture (1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv)); and John 8:24 is interpreted by Exodus 3:14 in the most obvious way.

But as long as you don't cross the line as concerning unbelief as concerning the Deity of Christ, your soul is not in jeopardy over the fact that you don't believe it is essential.

Because it is essential.

And I know that your belief may at some point lead you to go outside the boundaries of this essential doctrine and in doing so your soul would be lost because you didn't heed the warning that we find in John 8:24.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I don't think I have ever been proven wrong since coming to these boards.
Maybe this is the problem because you are wrong quite often. Denying it doesn't change the facts.

And if they did, I would immediately change my viewpoint.
I don't believe that for a second.

But to start an entire thread proclaiming all these folks that debunked your theories need immediate prayer is pretty sad. It's a bad case of sour grapes.

Have you ever thought that you could be wrong about something?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But to start an entire thread proclaiming all these folks that debunked your theories need immediate prayer is pretty sad. It's a bad case of sour grapes.

They haven't debunked my understanding at all. They have only used logical fallacies (such as attack the sender) to attempt to denounce what I am preaching.

But I have never found that anyone has given a scripture that shows me to be wrong, and I have not changed my point of view as the result.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe this is the problem because you are wrong quite often.
I know that you are one who does not believe in the Trinity. Am I correct on this?

As such, it makes sense to me that you would think that I am wrong on certain issues because you believe wrong on those issues and therefore in thinking that you are right, of course you would have to think of me as wrong in order to keep believing your own pov.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many belief systems out there have “no scripture” to prove their followers wrong...

Because they have been equipped with their interpretive tools to defeat them.
I will take any scripture at face value in light of the rest of scripture and if it disproves my pov, I will change my pov.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many belief systems out there have “no scripture” to prove their followers wrong...

Because they have been equipped with their interpretive tools to defeat them.
Now that's an interesting one. It tells me that no amount of study, quoting of scripture or yada yada about spiritual matters is a key to arriving at anything truthful regarding God's purposes/revelation.
Unless God opens the understanding (of even a donkey) all of man's collective wisdom will not arrive at where they suppose.