My prayer as concerning those who fight against me on these boards.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If our faith is NOT in JESUS we are doomed . But if our faith is TRULY in HIM
why would we omit any of HIS sayings . WHY would we rather follow men who have omitted or twisted
JESUS own words , and all the words of even the apostels who wrote those letters .
IF we are picking and choosing verses to justify mans doctrine , WE IN DIRE Trouble .
I choose to follow the biblical JESUS , the one who said
IF a man continues not in me HE will be cast out . Same thing paul said to the church as well .
SO why is it such a sin to remind folks of even what GOD told the seven churches . Repent or else .
I mean we cant just pick and choose and cherry pick the scrips to fit a teaching from men . Either we embrace EVERY Word
of truth , or we are decieving ourselves .

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
By showing scripture that disproves what I am saying, of course.

the problem is that this does not work, it has been done time and time again and you never accept it.

No, I do not think that I am infallible; but I do believe that I have been molded in my doctrine over many years so that it is in conjunction with the Holy Spirit's take on things.

im just going by the way you present yourself on these forums.

you ever thought about making a blog with the comments turned off.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with "Private Interpretation", or adopting an others (reknown or with fancy credentials) "Private Interpretations"... is they all come from what makes "mindful Logical Sense".

When an interpretation is made public it is made subject to public scrutiny and is no longer a private interpretation; it is now public.

right here is your problem my friend

you think you are right and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong,

No; while I know that I am right on a lot of issues, I allow for the fact that I may in fact be wrong on any issue where there is disputation; and I rely on the process of discussion to level out the doctrines as they are discussed.

For I consider that the process of discussion will bring the truth to bear on any given doctrine.

I spend an extensive amount of time reading the word; and for that reason I believe that my contribution to the discussion is going to be highly biblical.

But this does not mean that the contributions of others will not also be biblical.

But I will say that impaho, the Bible trumps the opinions of men.

i think in his mind he believes that he is infallible. some of his ideas are pretty far out there. kjv was written by prophets of the Most High, only the church can save,

I think that you have me mixed up with @theefaith.

Our monikers are similar but not the same.

I do not believe that only the church can save.

Perhaps others have made this same mistake?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not young and just learning the Bible. I have been studying it for over 35 years.

Lol.....I got you by Five Years ! The Mystery is now solved....maybe within the next five years you will finally believe that Jesus died for your sins.....when you actually REST in that Fact....your False,Perverted, so- called Gospel Of “ Lucky Repentance” will vanish on its own.....can you hang in there and learn from me the next five years? I pray for you too, you know.....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith
Amadeus said: Can a very intelligent man study all of the scriptures and encounter Truth, God's Truth, without being led by the Holy Spirit?
justbyfaith said: Yes.
In this response you neglected to explain the verse I quoted from Jeremiah:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem." 10:23

Without the Holy Spirit every man is lost walking on his own. He has no navigator, no Director! No matter how elevated and impressive a man's brain is according to the measurements of men, as I understand it, a man alone still cannot direct his own steps correctly to an understanding of the God's message to men in the written scriptures. Our Director and our Interpreter is and must be the Holy Spirit.

Would put yourself above the need to be directed so as to see the Pathway of God? If you are, then why do you have need of a Savior? Why have you had any need of Jesus? Could not one of the prophets in the OT, or very wise men like Solomon, have done by intellectual exercise and human logic have done also what you claim to have done?

Reactions: amigo de christo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you teach a works based gospel.

You are another who misunderstands my doctrine.

I do not teach a works-based gospel; on many occasions I will contend for the very true concept that we are saved by grace through faith and not of works.

I do preach the law as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ, as an evangelist.

I believe that if you look at the annals of church history, you will find that evangelists have often been fought against as being legalists over the fact that they do that. We are often misunderstood.

But the calling on our lives motivates us to keep going.

the problem is that this does not work, it has been done time and time again and you never accept it.

If anyone truly shows me from scripture that my pov is wrong, I will most certainly change my pov.

The fact is that this has not been done time and time again.

And you, @jaybird, whose doctrine is against the Trinity (correct me if I'm wrong), would of course believe that the teachings of man that deny the Trinity in the Bible are sound arguments and somehow irrefutable. They are not. They are merely the teachings of man.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not young and just learning the Bible. I have been studying it for over 35 years.

Lol.....I got you by Five Years ! The Mystery is now solved....maybe within the next five years you will finally believe that Jesus died for your sins.....when you actually REST in that Fact....your False,Perverted, so- called Gospel Of “ Lucky Repentance” will vanish on its own.....can you hang in there and learn from me the next five years? I pray for you too, you know.....

Job 32:6, And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old; wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion.
Job 32:7, I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom.
Job 32:8, But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
Job 32:9, Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment.

1Ti 4:12, Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

I find it really sad that you have succeeded at turning many people away from their need for repentance and that as a result, certain people are going to trust in your words and will never repent of their sins unto salvation.

You are a false teacher, @Blood Bought 1953; and the Lord is going to hold you accountable over the fact that you have turned so many people away from salvation by causing them to reject the gospel as I preach it.

@justbyfaith

In this response you neglected to explain the verse I quoted from Jeremiah:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem." 10:23

Without the Holy Spirit every man is lost walking on his own. He has no navigator, no Director! No matter how elevated and impressive a man's brain is according to the measurements of men, as I understand it, a man alone still cannot direct his own steps correctly to an understanding of the God's message to men in the written scriptures. Our Director and our Interpreter is and must be the Holy Spirit.

Would put yourself above the need to be directed so as to see the Pathway of God? If you are, then why do you have need of a Savior? Why have you had any need of Jesus? Could not one of the prophets in the OT, or very wise men like Solomon, have done by intellectual exercise and human logic have done also what you claim to have done?

I am merely saying that God does not speak in riddles or in terms that cannot be understood by the normal human mind.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I have never found that anyone has given a scripture that shows me to be wrong, and I have not changed my point of view as the result.

Could it be possible that “ They See yet they don’t see”..... just asking.....

Reactions: teamventure

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I have never found that anyone has given a scripture that shows me to be wrong, and I have not changed my point of view as the result.

Could it be possible that “ They See yet they don’t see”..... just asking.....

Yes, that is possible, and I don't discount that possibility.

I would refer you to the parable in Mark 4:26-29.

Mar 4:26, And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
Mar 4:27, And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.
Mar 4:28, For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
Mar 4:29, But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

Sometimes it takes time for the word of the Lord to sink through.

It is like when a seed is planted; it does not produce a plant immediately. It takes time for the seed to germinate and a plant to grow and produce fruit bearing more seed of the same kind.

That is how my mind works, as a matter of fact.

It may in fact work differently from the minds of other people because I am on meds that help me with a chemical imbalance. But the fact of the matter is that they work to correct that imbalance so that I can function normally.

But that there may be a delay in my being able to "get something" is a basic truth about the way my mind works.

I have to see it in the word in my own personal time of reading; and then I will change my pov.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For not only have I studied to shew myself approved; but my prayer every night is that every word that comes off of my keyboard might be from the Holy Ghost.

......and , believe it or not, I do the same.....
So now what?

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone yells that they are right and everyone else is wrong, pick up your skirt and run the other way.
Which is not what I am doing.

I am merely defending myself against the attacks on my doctrine by @Blood Bought 1953.

In retrospect, it was probably not the right thing to do; although it has brought out of the woodwork some of the people who do tend to disagree with me; which is useful from my perspective.

I am not opposed to people having disagreement; but when they attempt to dissuade people from even listening to what I have to say, they have crossed the line.

I actually welcome disagreements. It means that there will be fruitful discussion as those disagreements are expressed and can be answered biblically.

When someone yells that they are right and everyone else is wrong, pick up your skirt and run the other way.

If anything, it is @Blood Bought 1953 who is doing this in that he is saying that his doctrine is right and that mine is "FALSE and PERVERTED"

I really do pray that the Lord will punish him for this.

I pray that He will receive him as a son.

Heb 12:6, For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

However, I don't think that this is happening with him; which indicates that the following is true in his life.

Heb 12:8, But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

I suppose that I shouldn't judge; so I will leave it to the holy scriptures to be his judge.

If he gets chastened, then he is a true son.

If he doesn't, then he is "illegitimate".

For not only have I studied to shew myself approved; but my prayer every night is that every word that comes off of my keyboard might be from the Holy Ghost.

......and , believe it or not, I do the same.....
So now what?

Do you think that such a prayer avails for you ?

If not, why do you make the prayer?

If so, then why then wouldn't it avail for me?

And if you know that it avails for both of us, why would you persist in denouncing my doctrine as "FALSE and PERVERTED"?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take comfort in the following scriptures.

Luk 6:22, Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Luk 6:23, Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

Luk 6:26, Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

For it is clear to me that I am of the category spoken of in Luke 6:22-23; and am not of the category spoken of in Luke 6:26.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are to consider that all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

The Psalms are prayers that were inspired by the Lord given as examples as concerning what we ought to pray in any given situation where they might apply.

You are right that King David was aware of the commandment to love his neighbor as himself.

Even in the New Testament we are told that it is expedient for us not to take revenge ourselves but to leave it up to the Lord; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." (Romans 12:19).
With respect JBF but I see from your reply you do not see the inconsistency in it.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, to all those who think that the new commandment Jesus gave scraps the old because it was too hard to keep.....they are in for alarm. Love as I have loved you Jesus says. Now, who of all the proponents that gleefully scrap the Ten Commandments in favour of loving ones neighbour would give their life for an enemy???

The old Commandments were NOT “ too hard to keep”—— they were IMPOSSIBLE to keep. That was the Point Of God Giving them.To those Fools who thought that they “ DID” keep the Commandments, Jesus added to them—— think you are Hot Stuff because you never committed Adultery? Well, think again—— if you ever so much as even “ lusted” after a woman, you are as guilty in the eyes of God as the man who went ahead and did that Sinful deed.....
The Point Of The 613 ( not just Ten) commandments Of Moses and the True Meanings Of Those Commandments as revealed by Jesus was to get you to “ shut your mouth”in regard to any delusions that you can keep the Law ...... admit that you are a Sinner That MUST have Grace and MUST have a Savior.....then “ TURN” to that Savior ( the True Repentance That actually leads to getting saved) and put your Faith in His Shed Blood Plus NOTHING to Save you......
Jesus never “scrapped” the Commandments...He showed us how to condense and simplify them.....” Love your Neighbor as yourself and you have fulfilled all of the Law”......
This side of the Cross , Jesus left us with only two Commands —— “ Believe and Love”...... we can’t even do “ that” to the extent that we should .....Grace is the answer .....some need to swallow their Pride and humbly accept that fact......” it is by GRACE that ye are saved.” Never forget that.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, one person on these boards has chosen to fight against the doctrine that I preach by calling it a "FALSE and PERVERTED gospel"...and yet he is the one who has perverted the right ways of the Lord by preaching that a man does not need to repent (of sins) in order to be saved.

That person will be held accountable to the Lord for the people that he is turning away from the faith.

As stated many times previously ....Get out your KJV and point to ONE PLACE where it says “ Repent Of your Sins to be Saved”.....
You do not turn “FROM” Sin to get Saved.....you turn “ TO” God to get Saved......Do the latter and the former will take care of itself...you put the Cart before the horse......very unwise .....very Unbiblical....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told them to pray in the closet, your 'prayer' here is just a message to those that you call enemies.
Yes, I felt the need to make it clear to my enemies that this prayer was being made, because it says in the Old Testament that it is a sin to curse the deaf or place a stumbling block before the blind.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As stated many times previously ....Get out your KJV and point to ONE PLACE where it says “ Repent Of your Sins to be Saved”.....

As stated many times previously,

Ezekiel 33:19.

(and its context of Ezekiel 33:11-20)

You don't have to pay $1,000 on a technicality...in that it does not say it in the exact words that you require it to be spoken in...

But the concept is there...

I will give $1,000 to anyone who can find the Trinity in the Bible...

While the concept is really there, I escape on a technicality because the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now, to all those who think that the new commandment Jesus gave scraps the old because it was too hard to keep.....they are in for alarm. Love as I have loved you Jesus says. Now, who of all the proponents that gleefully scrap the Ten Commandments in favour of loving ones neighbour would give their life for an enemy???

The old Commandments were NOT “ too hard to keep”—— they were IMPOSSIBLE to keep. That was the Point Of God Giving them.To those Fools who thought that they “ DID” keep the Commandments, Jesus added to them—— think you are Hot Stuff because you never committed Adultery? Well, think again—— if you ever so much as even “ lusted” after a woman, you are as guilty in the eyes of God as the man who went ahead and did that Sinful deed.....
The Point Of The 613 ( not just Ten) commandments Of Moses and the True Meanings Of Those Commandments as revealed by Jesus was to get you to “ shut your mouth”in regard to any delusions that you can keep the Law ...... admit that you are a Sinner That MUST have Grace and MUST have a Savior.....then “ TURN” to that Savior ( the True Repentance That actually leads to getting saved) and put your Faith in His Shed Blood Plus NOTHING to Save you......
Jesus never “scrapped” the Commandments...He showed us how to condense and simplify them.....” Love your Neighbor as yourself and you have fulfilled all of the Law”......
This side of the Cross , Jesus left us with only two Commands —— “ Believe and Love”...... we can’t even do “ that” to the extent that we should .....Grace is the answer .....some need to swallow their Pride and humbly accept that fact......” it is by GRACE that ye are saved.” Never forget that.
I would say impossible for the unregenerate man but for the man who claims Jesus as his Saviour while justifying his sin can speak of grace till the cows come home and all it is is a clanging bell and a tinkling cymbal.

Reactions: justbyfaith