My Son

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praying for Mark. And for you Rita.

My stepson has been in the hospital for the last month with the same thing: cellulitis, swelling and ulceration of the legs and feet, with staph and pseudomonas infections. Absolutely horrid stuff. :( (And that doesn't even include the cancer.)
Sorry to here this, Lambano, praying for your Son also.

Reactions: Debp and Lambano

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praying that you have had a comfortable night ,Mark, that the swelling has gone down, in Jesus Name, Amen!!

Hope you managed to get some sleep as well,Rita, as I know you still work....xx
I don’t work anymore Ritajanice, I left on sick back in November of the maniscus damage in my knee. My job was just putting it at too much risk as surgery was not an option. I could only make that decision because my twin brother offered to help me financially until I retired. Well I haven’t had to take any of his money, universal credit and sick pay have been brilliant. I officially retire on the 23rd April xxxxx

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, Ritajanice. I wanted to be careful that I don't upstage Rita's request.
Please don’t worry about that @Lambano - Your step son sounds in a much more difficult place than mine is, how awful. Will they be able to save his leg after all this time of infection ?
To have cancer and deal with this - I am so sorry xxxxx
Prayer threads should never be exclusive xxxxxxxx
How old is your step son, can we know his name so we can lift him, and the family, in prayer xxxx

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
The swelling is beginning to go down and despite his leg still being quite red and sore he feels so much better today, and has managed to eat something. Then test will come when he stops the IV antibiotics and goes to oral ones , which won’t be as strong. I believe that will be on Friday.
xxxxx

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Hi Everyone
Wonder if you could lift my eldest son, Mark, to the Lord in prayer. He had a cut on his leg which got infected. He didn’t realise how bad it could get so he didn’t seek medical help until it got pretty bad on Monday. They gave him anti biotics but they didn’t help, so he went into hospital yesterday to be put on IV antibiotics, but over night he is worse. He really is very poorly, but at this stage I don’t know if it has turned to sepsis ( he was diagnosed with cellulitis on Monday ) He has got quite a few of the symptoms. The swelling is increasing. I am waiting to hear more………
Many thanks x
Rita
What did he cut himself on,with?

Holding you both in my prayers.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What did he cut himself on,with?

Holding you both in my prayers.
He is an electrician and was working in a flat that had been used by squatters so he Is presuming that he must have knocked his leg at some stage and because the place was filthy it had got infected.
He honestly didn’t even realise he had a cut until it started to swell and even then he just thought it would clear up on its own.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Update
My son had a bad day yesterday and was really down but all his blood work and cultures came back with good results. Then last night he just turned a complete corner and well and truly got his appetite back, headache starting to ease and by this morning he wasn’t feeling as low. He has to have IV antibiotics today and tomorrow and then will be discharged with oral antibiotics
I feel very fortunate considering what others are going through with their parents and step children xxxxx

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Update
My son had a bad day yesterday and was really down but all his blood work and cultures came back with good results. Then last night he just turned a complete corner and well and truly got his appetite back, headache starting to ease and by this morning he wasn’t feeling as low. He has to have IV antibiotics today and tomorrow and then will be discharged with oral antibiotics
I feel very fortunate considering what others are going through with their parents and step children xxxxx
That is such good news @Rita thank you for the update.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Update
Excellent news...Praise God and onwards and upwards for you Mark, God Bless,xx

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update
How's your son doing, Rita?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How's your son doing, Rita?

I was wondering the same thing..I very nearly posted and asked..xx
I spoke to him a few days ago and his leg is still red but swelling is going. He has been back at work, really should have rested longer but my eldest has never been one for just sitting around and he has so much work on at the moment. The real test will come now that the course of anti biotics has finished - so I guess we just wait and see how this coming week goes xx
Thank you both for asking x

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Everyone
Wonder if you could lift my eldest son, Mark, to the Lord in prayer. He had a cut on his leg which got infected. He didn’t realise how bad it could get so he didn’t seek medical help until it got pretty bad on Monday. They gave him anti biotics but they didn’t help, so he went into hospital yesterday to be put on IV antibiotics, but over night he is worse. He really is very poorly, but at this stage I don’t know if it has turned to sepsis ( he was diagnosed with cellulitis on Monday ) He has got quite a few of the symptoms. The swelling is increasing. I am waiting to hear more………
Many thanks x
Rita
Hello Rita, We are praying.

Love, Walter And Debbie