My Son

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
Wonder if you could lift my eldest son, Mark, to the Lord in prayer. He had a cut on his leg which got infected. He didn’t realise how bad it could get so he didn’t seek medical help until it got pretty bad on Monday. They gave him anti biotics but they didn’t help, so he went into hospital yesterday to be put on IV antibiotics, but over night he is worse. He really is very poorly, but at this stage I don’t know if it has turned to sepsis ( he was diagnosed with cellulitis on Monday ) He has got quite a few of the symptoms. The swelling is increasing. I am waiting to hear more………
Many thanks x
Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Everyone
Wonder if you could lift my eldest son, Mark, to the Lord in prayer. He had a cut on his leg which got infected. He didn’t realise how bad it could get so he didn’t seek medical help until it got pretty bad on Monday. They gave him anti biotics but they didn’t help, so he went into hospital yesterday to be put on IV antibiotics, but over night he is worse. He really is very poorly, but at this stage I don’t know if it has turned to sepsis ( he was diagnosed with cellulitis on Monday ) He has got quite a few of the symptoms. The swelling is increasing. I am waiting to hear more………
Many thanks x
Rita
Much prayer for Mark, Rita! How fast these infections can spread! I so hope it is not sepsis but, either way The Lord can heal him.
Praying now for his recovery and your peace.
xxx

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praying for your Son ,Mark, that the Lord works through the hands of the nurses and doctors, cellulitis can make you feel poorly I used to care for a lady with that.

NHS information..
Cellulitis can also cause additional symptoms that may develop before or alongside the changes to your skin. These can include: feeling generally unwell. feeling sick.

Lord you are there with Mark, I pray that you get this infection under control, he’s in the best place possible, where the staff will keep a close eye on him and monitor his condition.....Praise God that he got himself to see a professional.....Praying for you Mark...xx...we’re all with you there is Spirit!...

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is on another antibiotic drip but his leg is still swelling more - he is waiting for blood culture results to come back so that they can work out what kind of bacteria they are dealing with.
thanks everyone xxxx

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is on another antibiotic drip but his leg is still swelling more - he is waiting for blood culture results to come back so that they can work out what kind of bacteria they are dealing with.
thanks everyone xxxx
They must have put a cannula in his arm ,Rita, antibiotics will be administered automatically....they do that to me when I’m hospitalised with AF....those antibiotics will take time to take affect as mine did, I’m not sure what they drip fed me, I know it took a while to get my heart beat stable...the antibiotics will be administered straight into the vein, bloodstream,which acts much quicker than tablet form....I’m not medically trained, the nurse told me that....I’ve got to know them over the years.......he’s in the best place....where he will be well looked after and monitored, he may even have his own nurse, I did....God Bless Mark....we’re all praying for you....xx

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Everyone
Many thanks x
Rita
Sorry to hear this Rita. Hopefully the Lord will heal him thru this trial. My prayers are for him.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They have sent him home, but he has to see how it goes and go straight back if certain things happen. He has to go in again tomorrow, and proberbly for the next four days to have anti biotic drips. The swelling is still not going down . He hasn’t eaten anything since Sat. He knows, and I do that this can go either way. He is not a believer and I have an inner conviction that I have to trust regardless of the outcome. There are things I have been praying about with my son , and his sister but one bit of praise is that they have been texting one another ( my daughter went through this early last year )

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have sent him home, but he has to see how it goes and go straight back if certain things happen. He has to go in again tomorrow, and proberbly for the next four days to have anti biotic drips. The swelling is still not going down . He hasn’t eaten anything since Sat. He knows, and I do that this can go either way. He is not a believer and I have an inner conviction that I have to trust regardless of the outcome. There are things I have been praying about with my son , and his sister but one bit of praise is that they have been texting one another ( my daughter went through this early last year )
Sorry to hear all this Rita, about you son, Mark. I definitely would encourage him to eat some nutritious meals.

Praying for Mark, and yourself Mum.

Bless you both. Out Lord is great indeed. Keep your spirts up in the Lord. We all must pray right now for Mark's full recovery, Amen

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear all this Rita, about you son, Mark. I definitely would encourage him to eat some nutritious meals.

Praying for Mark, and yourself Mum.

Bless you both. Out Lord is great indeed. Keep your spirts up in the Lord. We all must pray right now for Mark's full recovery, Amen
He just hasn’t had an appetite and has felt sick. Anyway he just message me and he has ‘ suddenly ‘ started to feel a bit better and he has a little bit of an appetite xxx
I like the ‘ suddenly ‘ bit - as many of you have come on line in the last few hours and have been praying xxxx

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had inner conviction when my Son was extremely ill with glandular fever, they sent him home, he had to keep going back to the hospital as well...

Thank God he took all of my anxiety away from me...and like you had to trust the outcome.

So pleased to hear he is feeling a bit better...Praise God!!...continue to improve Mark, In Jesus Name...Amen!!..

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He just hasn’t had an appetite and has felt sick. Anyway he just message me and he has ‘ suddenly ‘ started to feel a bit better and he has a little bit of an appetite xxx
I like the ‘ suddenly ‘ bit - as many of you have come on line in the last few hours and have been praying xxxx
Love it when this happens. I'm so happy for you and your son Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That’s very true , no matter how old our children are- I find it harder actually because when they are younger you have an element of control in protecting and helping them.
I have been reading a book called ‘ Giving up your Isaac’s ‘ ….its very thought provoking xx

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Everyone
Many thanks x
Rita
Praying.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Everyone
Many thanks x
Rita
Praying for Mark. And for you too, Rita.

Since my stepson almost the exact same thing, I can empathize.

Last edited: