My stomach hurts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is not about THRIVING in debate and aruging. No problem with disagreeing. The point of disagreeing is to first identify the specifics and understanding what and why something is specifically being the disagreement.

Each side of a debate begins with the individuals STANDING. Some Stand with Carnal understanding and others with Spiritual understanding.....and with that the premise; it will always end in disagreement, and perhaps others standing by will comprehend WHICH STANDING they would like to consider for themselves.

God Bless,
Taken

And another thing...Don't you ever think that God would be blessed in seeing you ( for a change) post something uplifting, edifying or encouraging on the Christian web site?
All your posts are ones which are arguing your point.
Is that all you can "see" when you read your bible....???

Is that really all your message is??
You do nothing to advance the kingdom of God or encourage others along the Christian path at all.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Debating in circles week after week makes my stomach hurt, sometimes taking a break helps.

I know the feeling! :( today especially.

Those who dis-agree with once saved/always saved, are just as saved as you and I. They believe in Christ for salvation. They can have a spiritual walk with Jesus Christ just like you and I. They just believe you can't lose your salvation. So, do not say there is no point in Christ dying, as they do not say that.

Stranger

Well said.

It seems that not too many believe as you do..there is not a lot of give and take. It seems that some really do believe that if another person believes something differently , they can't possibly be as saved as they are!!! I was glad to find this post on this thread.

Some of today's posts has given me the guts ache. :(

Have a good Christmas Stranger.
Bless you, Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the feeling! :( today especially.

Well said.

It seems that not too many believe as you do..there is not a lot of give and take. It seems that some really do believe that if another person believes something differently , they can't possibly be as saved as they are!!! I was glad to find this post on this thread.

Some of today's posts has given me the guts ache. :(

Have a good Christmas Stranger.
Bless you, Helen

Appreciate those encouraging words.

I know. Just think if God required of us to be 100% accurate on all that He has done, is doing, and will do concerning our salvation, in order for us to be saved. None of us would be saved. As (Matt. 16:15) shows that what Jesus asks is, "whom say ye that I am?" And the correct answer: "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." (16:16). That is our starting point.

Thanks, and you have a Merry Christmas as well sister.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Debating in circles week after week makes my stomach hurt, sometimes taking a break helps.

I doubt its the debates that upset your stomach? Prolonged debating would more likely give you a headache o_O

Everyone believes that OSAS applies to those who keep the faith, because God does not renege on His promise.. But some believe that you can fall away, lose faith, have a change of heart, or become a hypocrite and fall out of grace. Jesus chose Judas Iscariot and God chose King Saul, but osas didn't apply when they went astray.

Consider; For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (Matthew 6:14-15). What if a person who believes they are saved no matter what, refuses to forgive others? Is osas applicable?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP author offended.
OP author claims dishonesty.
Disagree.
Posts Deleted.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe that is all there is to do...debate with one another over the same things day after day. Consider us tucked away in a neat safe corner with our cherished doctrines. About the only challenges our cherished doctrines get are from each other. Maybe we are bored....isolated from any real threat of pressure. What if we reacted on faith and took down the option to ban and block the world outside and opened the doors wide to a “Christian board”? yeah there may be a flood of atheists and mockers and deceivers and attackers...all sorts and kinds flooding in to push our buttons...but then instead of attacking each other and critiquing each other and nick-picking at each other and going around and around debating the same things ...we might stand for each other in love and then they would see action and not just talk. God has placed each of us in a vein that is different and unique to each other but I’m almost certain if any came in, we would stand for each other in support. Am I dreaming? Are we not supposed to put our trust and faith in God and not in bans and blocks that protect (deadbolt)us from any filth or any challenges from out there? How could God use what we think we “know”? Or could He? Are we afraid to find out? Jesus sat with the filth. Jesus sat with sinners...not the religious. Just thinking out loud: do we stay in our insulated bubble or step out of the bubble and practice what we preach?

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I doubt its the debates that upset your stomach? Prolonged debating would more likely give you a headache o_O

Everyone believes that OSAS applies to those who keep the faith, because God does not renege on His promise.. But some believe that you can fall away, lose faith, have a change of heart, or become a hypocrite and fall out of grace. Jesus chose Judas Iscariot and God chose King Saul, but osas didn't apply when they went astray.

Consider; For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (Matthew 6:14-15). What if a person who believes they are saved no matter what, refuses to forgive others? Is osas applicable?

Maybe so...but we do not KNOW about the final end of Judas OR king Saul...only God knows...and He is not telling...YET!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if it did not apply when they went astray, that makes God what? A respecter of persons?