My studies -Daniel 11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I am not denying that those lively stones (believers) that are corrupted are cut off from the spiritual temple. But that does not happen until the second coming (or until they die) at which point it is too late to repent. The temple of God (body of believers) as we can see in any church has those who have been decieved and are living in sin sitting right amongst the believers.

When you say that spiritual temple of Eph.2 CAN BE corrupted (which you have said), that is not possible. The rebellious are 'cut off' from that spiritual temple with Christ as its Chief Cornerstone.

Thus the "temple" Paul mentions in 2 Thess.2:4 about the "man of sin" coming to sit in it, CANNOT BE THE SPIRITUAL TEMPLE. It's simple, because the true Spiritual Temple in Heaven with Christ Jesus cannot be corrupted by any... such false one. That's what makes the temple of 2 Thess.2:4 that Paul was speaking of, a literal temple of stone on earth, one built with man's hands, and not by Christ Jesus.

[/color]

When you say that spiritual temple of Eph.2 CAN BE corrupted (which you have said), that is not possible. The rebellious are 'cut off' from that spiritual temple with Christ as its Chief Cornerstone.

Thus the "temple" Paul mentions in 2 Thess.2:4 about the "man of sin" coming to sit in it, CANNOT BE THE SPIRITUAL TEMPLE. It's simple, because the true Spiritual Temple in Heaven with Christ Jesus cannot be corrupted by any... such false one. That's what makes the temple of 2 Thess.2:4 that Paul was speaking of, a literal temple of stone on earth, one built with man's hands, and not by Christ Jesus.

Physical buildings ceased being the temple back in the first century.
Heb 8:1- 2 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Paul himself told us multiple times the body of the believer is the temple of God (1Cor3:16-17, 2Cor6:16). Paul himself told us the corporate body of Christ with Christ as the cornerstone is the temple(Eph2:19-21). Every time Paul used the phrase temple of God he was referring to believers or the corporate body, yet in this one instance you choose to believe he ignores the fact we have a new temple and wants a return to the old that has been declared desolate. Rebuilding it won't make any less desolate then the old one was. Is a desolate building the temple of God? As you are led friend, as you are led.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Physical buildings ceased being the temple back in the first century.
Heb 8:1- 2 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Paul himself told us multiple times the body of the believer is the temple of God (1Cor3:16-17, 2Cor6:16). Paul himself told us the corporate body of Christ with Christ as the cornerstone is the temple(Eph2:19-21). Every time Paul used the phrase temple of God he was referring to believers or the corporate body, yet in this one instance you choose to believe he ignores the fact we have a new temple and wants a return to the old that has been declared desolate. Rebuilding it won't make any less desolate then the old one was. Is a desolate building the temple of God? As you are led friend, as you are led.

Not according to the Orthodox Jews in today's Jerusalem, who have the materials ready to build another temple of stone there. And because you're unaware of the Ezekiel 40-47 temple, which has never... be built yet, you're also not aware how those in Jerusalem today think to build it, instead of Christ Jesus when He returns.

Not according to the Orthodox Jews in today's Jerusalem, who have the materials ready to build another temple of stone there.
So now you base your beliefs on what the Orthodox Jews think? Interesting I think I’ll stick with Scripture.
Heb 8:1-2 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away
Even if they succeed in building their building it will be nothing more then a hollow shell. Rebuilding it won’t make it any less desolate then the one Christ said was desolate approximately 2000 years ago.

And because you're unaware of the Ezekiel 40-47 temple, which has never... be built yet, you're also not aware how those in Jerusalem today think to build it, instead of Christ Jesus when He returns.
LOL you have no idea what I am aware of. Just because I don’t agree with your interpretation does not mean I am not aware of Eze 40-47
Ezekiel 43:7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, [neither] they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
Do you really believe a man made temple can last forever?. Doesn’t the man of sin sit in the temple before the second coming? Hasn’t the Lord already built His temple? (Heb8:1-2, Eph2:19-21) Are the above verses in error or could it be the doctrine you espouse is in error?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
So now you base your beliefs on what the Orthodox Jews think? Interesting I think I’ll stick with Scripture.

That certainly is an ignorant statement, gross ignorance of the signs present in the world today!

Even if they succeed in building their building it will be nothing more then a hollow shell. Rebuilding it won’t make it any less desolate then the one Christ said was desolate approximately 2000 years ago.

It's Bible prophecy that they will... build it, which is what the 2 Thess.2:4 and Rev.11:1-3 and Daniel Scripture of the abomination of desolation idol is about. I wouldn't expect you to understand that though.

LOL you have no idea what I am aware of. Just because I don’t agree with your interpretation does not mean I am not aware of Eze 40-47
Ezekiel 43:7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, [neither] they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
Do you really believe a man made temple can last forever?. Doesn’t the man of sin sit in the temple before the second coming? Hasn’t the Lord already built His temple? (Heb8:1-2, Eph2:19-21) Are the above verses in error or could it be the doctrine you espouse is in error?

Like I said, I wouldn't expect you to understand what that's about, since you choose to listen and follow men's doctrines instead.

but for those interested in hearing the Truth of the matter per God's Word as written...

The prophecy God gave through Daniel, which Christ repeated in context of the "great tribulation" time He mentioned (Matt.24), is for the very end of this present world just prior to Christ's second coming. That prophecy specifically involves the coming of a false one to setup an idol abomination inside a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. Jesus pointed to that event in Matthew 24 quoting from Daniel about the setting up of the "abomination of desolation" in Jerusalem, for false idol worship.

God already showed us a blueprint pattern of that future event, when the Syrian Antiochus Epiphanes in 165-170 B.C. conquered Jerusalem, went into the 2nd temple then and sacrificed swine upon the altar inside the holy of holies, and spread its broth around inside that temple. Then he set upon an idol to false pagan Zeus worship, and required all the Jews to bow down to it in false worship. So one can follow the Daniel 11 chapter events about that Antiochus and it fits the prophecy 'almost' perfectly.

Thing is though, our Lord Jesus quoted that Daniel prophecy about the "abomination of desolation" around 200 years LATER, AFTER Antiochus had done that. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out He was pointing to a future event about that idol abomination inside a temple in Jerusalem.

The false prophets behind Amillenialism, (and like Preterism and Historicism), try to get people away from understanding that coming full event of that "abomination of desolation" in Jerusalem for our near future. They try to do that by saying the Matt.24 chapter events were history already back in 69 A.D. when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and that 2nd temple.

Problem with that is though, the TRUE event of the "abomination of desolation" requires a STANDING TEMPLE to fulfill the Daniel prophecy, just like what Antiochus Epiphanes did in 165-170 B.C. When the Romans sacked Jerusalem in 69 A.D., the temple caught fire, and the Romans never gained access inside it (per Jewish historian Josephus). So NO "abomination of desolation" event ever happened in 69 A.D. And what does that reveal?

It reveals the "abomination of desolation" idol inside a standing temple in Jerusalem that our Lord Jesus foretold, is STILL a future prophetic event to come!

In comes the prophecies Apostle Paul forewarned of the "man of sin" coming to sit in a literal temple in Jerusalem, per 2 Thess.2:4, proclaiming himself as God, and exalting himself over all that is called God, or that is worshipped. It's also the very warning our Lord Jesus gave later in Matt.24:23-26 when the deceived in Jerusalem will say Christ is here, or there, and He said to not believe it. Jesus said that if it were possible, that event would deceive even His Own elect. That's also about the "another beast" of Rev.13:11-17 that's to come working great signs and miracles on earth, in the sight of men, and setting up the mark of the beast, and the "image of the beast" in false worship.

The whole matter is plain as day per God's Word, especially for today's times, since these coming events upon the earth are now so close today.