My Testimony

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Thanks for the opportunity to share how Jesus is faithful according to his word.

When I was 20, the Lord converted me over a period of 3 days. I began telling people that I didn't know what was going on but I think Christ is real and he is dealing with me.

The joy of the Holy Spirit and God's love had become real and excited me. And I didn’t want it to stop but feared that it might. On the evening of the 3rd day my happiness turned into remorse. God convicted me of sins I didn't even know existed. I began praying, sobbing and asking his forgiveness.

I also asked Jesus into my heart. I heard you are supposed to do this, probably as a child in Sunday school. I fell asleep exhausted in tears only to awake the next day absolutely convinced Christ had saved me.

I had never been so excited about anything. I began telling friends and others. I saw a whole string of conversions in and around people I knew. They believed me and wanted in on it too. None of us were churched, so we began experimenting with going to different churches. We and our girls rattled a few churches with our enthusiasm.

After about a year, not wanting to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers, I gave up my career as a musician and began living the sermon on the mount (Matthew 6:24-34). Seeking first the kingdom of God and his righteousness as a career.

To make a long story short, I began washing dishes part time as unto the Lord and retired early, years later debt free out of my own pocket. Never missing a day's work from not having a job. Even during a couple of major recessions and job losses. I always went to work the next Monday never missing a beat. The Lord is faithful.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for the opportunity to share how Jesus is faithful according to his word.

When I was 20, the Lord converted me over a period of 3 days. I began telling people that I didn't know what was going on but I think Christ is real and he is dealing with me.

The joy of the Holy Spirit and God's love had become real and excited me. And I didn’t want it to stop but feared that it might. On the evening of the 3rd day my happiness turned into remorse. God convicted me of sins I didn't even know existed. I began praying, sobbing and asking his forgiveness.

I also asked Jesus into my heart. I heard you are supposed to do this, probably as a child in Sunday school. I fell asleep exhausted in tears only to awake the next day absolutely convinced Christ had saved me.

I had never been so excited about anything. I began telling friends and others. I saw a whole string of conversions in and around people I knew. They believed me and wanted in on it too. None of us were churched, so we began experimenting with going to different churches. We and our girls rattled a few churches with our enthusiasm.

After about a year, not wanting to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers, I gave up my career as a musician and began living the sermon on the mount (Matthew 6:24-34). Seeking first the kingdom of God and his righteousness as a career.

To make a long story short, I began washing dishes part time as unto the Lord and retired early, years later debt free out of my own pocket. Never missing a day's work from not having a job. Even during a couple of major recessions and job losses. I always went to work the next Monday never missing a beat. The Lord is faithful.

Thank you Dave for sharing that blessing with us.
I do wish you had entered the door of this Forum Site and shared this word of yours as your first post, instead and just picking on something that you strongly disagreed with, in your first few posts.
Maybe you would then have made a better entrance and we would all have got on better than we have been doing.

Bless you...Helen.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 6:15 KJVS
And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

God specifically gave me this wonderful verse as I was fasting on 6/26/2016. After pouring my heart out before Him He uttered my name followed by book, chapter and verse. I will always bask in the warmth of God's glow as I recall this scripture and marvelous hope that He poured into it. Praise my savior now through eternity.

Let us all patiently endure. The battles are getting fiercer and sneakier.

Reactions: amadeus