My will or God's will

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
I love the Lord with my whole heart. I have been blessed many times by him and I have his peace in my heart. However, several times I have butted head with God by trying to do things my way. Every since I was a little girl growing up with four brothers, I have been an independent person. I struggle with giving my will up completely to God and I pay for it. Does anyone else have the trouble getting yourself will out of the way?

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Adam and Eve had the same problem and they were sinless. So the answer to your question from everyone must be yes. If it is not, they are lying to themselves.

romans7

May 30, 2012
"I delight to do thy will o Lord". Paul talked of those "eager to do good". Jesus said his yoke was easy and his burden light. So it is not a hard thing to follow his leading if as his sheep we are hearing his voice. If we find we are not daily seeking to serve his desires instead of our own, ie we do not see every day as another day to serve him outwardly in all our contact with others, then we simply have the wrong idea in the first place.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's will is the same for all of us - love God and neighbor. So are we going to do it or put ourselves first? It is an ongoing - sometimes minute by minute struggle - but as our sanctification progresses it gets easier to become Kingdom-minded.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I love the Lord with my whole heart. I have been blessed many times by him and I have his peace in my heart. However, several times I have butted head with God by trying to do things my way. Every since I was a little girl growing up with four brothers, I have been an independent person. I struggle with giving my will up completely to God and I pay for it. Does anyone else have the trouble getting yourself will out of the way?
All the time and I pay dearly for it too. We'll pray for each other.