Mysterious Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
"Mysterious Love"
By Zach Wood
1 John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

A few weeks ago, we went camping with our youth group in northern Minnesota. The weather ended up sending us home late Saturday afternoon, so we were able to see our kids earlier than expected.

At church, my 4 year old, Jayda, was on my lap, looking into my eyes and said, “I love you Daddy!” Now, she has said this many times to me in the past, but this time just really struck hard and melted me.

After she said that, I closed my eyes and just said, “God, what did I do to deserve this love from a child? I say things sometimes that I don’t mean to her. I do things that don’t show her love many times. I get so distracted by the things of this world each day and I neglect giving her attention she deserves. However, regardless of that fact, she still expresses that she loves me”.

I don’t understand why I’m still loved when I don’t deserve it. I make so many mistakes and certainly don’t deserve the love that my kids, my wife or even God gives me. However, the non-understanding is what makes it so awesome.

There are just so many things we don’t understand about God’s love. We weren’t created to understand everything about His love. That’s just how it is. I don’t know about you, but the mystery of His love is what keeps me going and enjoying the things that happen from His mysterious love. And to know that He chose to die on a Cross for my sins, that still blows my mind. I don’t deserve it, but He still gave His life.

God gives us love that we cannot understand, but He gives because He loves us.

Are you thankful, today, for the mysterious love of Jesus Christ?

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice post.

I personally don't find God's Love so mysterious. ( Wonderful, awesome, joyous - but not mysterious.)
Sure, I used to when I was young.

The human mind, by it's nature, limits our Creator, putting Him in our human concepts all too often.
I'm glad you brought God's Love up.

I hope this thread turns to the many ways God just simply loves beyond our imaginations and concepts.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
It seems mysterious to us.

We sit back and look at all the bad things we do, how many ways we sin. We think of all the horrible punishments that wait for everyone who doesn't repent. We think of the punishments and disciplines for our sins as believers.

Consequence, consequence, consequence, fear and more fear.

We hear preachers preach it, we hear evangelists teach it. We come to know it as a child.

Is it any wonder how we can think of the Love of God is a mystery?

As undeserving as we are,,,,,

The very fact that the lord CHOSE and PLANNED salvation before the creation of man shows His love.