Opinion please

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jan 20, 2024
Northern Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok please go easy on me you see the doctors think I have gender dysmorphia but I don’t I just don’t want to have children so I want my womb removed and now I’m being referred to a gender Spealists clinic and two years for surgery I wish for my breasts to be removed but I’m scared incase it goes against Jesus and I know getting my womb removed doesn’t because the reason is not wanting kids but I am so confused what am I going. To do I mean I’m a Christian and I love Jesus but is this the only way I can get the surgery ? A gender doctor ? I don’t even agree with LGBT I’m a Christian please don’t think k I am gay or transgender I’m not I don’t support it I lo Jesus I stand for Jesus but I have paranoid schizophrenia and loads of other mental health diagnosis’s I think they just want to label me again

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about Romans 9:20: " But who indeed are you, a human being, to argue with God? Will what is moulded say to the one who moulds it, ‘Why have you made me like this?'"

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Wrangler

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok please go easy on me you see the doctors think I have gender dysmorphia but I don’t I just don’t want to have children so I want my womb removed and now I’m being referred to a gender Spealists clinic and two years for surgery I wish for my breasts to be removed but I’m scared incase it goes against Jesus and I know getting my womb removed doesn’t because the reason is not wanting kids but I am so confused what am I going. To do I mean I’m a Christian and I love Jesus but is this the only way I can get the surgery ? A gender doctor ? I don’t even agree with LGBT I’m a Christian please don’t think k I am gay or transgender I’m not I don’t support it I lo Jesus I stand for Jesus but I have paranoid schizophrenia and loads of other mental health diagnosis’s I think they just want to label me again

Praying for you. In my opinion-- you need new doctors.

Reactions: Debp and Pearl

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d never argue with god again

thank you

Of course.

I work in the medical field and perhaps a year ago I was waiting for a surgeon friend to come out of the OR so we could chat in the hallway. She's a plastics expert and this was a children's hospital. I've worked with her on oral and maxillofacial cases- like when young kids have been attacked by a pit bull, and such, but on this day as I peaked into her OR, I saw that she was doing a double mastectomy on a very young woman-- a girl, of only 14 years of age. I was sickened and saddened. This doctor's reasoning and reason for doing this surgery?

Do you know how much they pay for these procedures?

• Sad
Reactions: TLHKAJ
Jan 20, 2024
Northern Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course.

I work in the medical field and perhaps a year ago I was waiting for a surgeon friend to come out of the OR so we could chat in the hallway. She's a plastics expert and this was a children's hospital. I've worked with her on oral and maxillofacial cases- like when young kids have been attacked by a pit bull, and such, but on this day as I peaked into her OR, I saw that she was doing a double mastectomy on a very young woman-- a girl, of only 14 years of age. I was sickened and saddened. This doctor's reasoning and reason for doing this surgery?

Do you know how much they pay for these procedures?
Here in Northern Ireland It is free

• Sad

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's okay not to want children but having your womb and breasts removed is a bit drastic. There are a number of ways you can avoid pregnancy which I'm sure you must know. But I think God wants us to be just the way he made us. Modern society has given people wrong ideas of beauty and of what is or isn't acceptable, and as Christians we refuse to listen to these worldly views and accept ourselves. To want such drastic changes in our bodies as you describe is like saying God got it wrong. For he created your inmost being; He knit you together in your mother’s womb. Psalm 139:13

And eight times the scriptures tell us to love our neighbour as ourselves; meaning that it is not okay to hate ourselves. So try to stop beating yourself up and try not to focus on yourself but on Jesus and other people. Jesus first, Others second and yourself last = J.O.Y.

Also the bible says this:

Romans 9:20-21 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’” Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be content with the way God made you.
You already have mental challenges, don't make it worse. You need to talk to your parents and listen to them and a professional Christian counselor.
Time and prayer is needed to heal. Christ can heal you - believe it.

In life our perspective changes.
Our values change.
Our goals change.
Our attitude and feelings you have now will change.
Our likes and dislikes change.
So without doing anything, change comes. So, don't do anything foolish like what you are talking about because you can't go back and reverse it.

You are a beautiful woman. God created you to look exactly like you do AND He has plans for you. Do you think He made a mistake?
Most people do not desire kids until they have a mate, get married, and then later.
Be careful and responsible and you won't have kids.
Fear not. And I say this because fear is the opposite of faith. This paranoia and schizophrenia is treatable. Don't let feelings govern your actions. Let God govern your actions.
My Pastor was once approached by a man who was so depressed, he couldn't get out of it no matter what he tried. Anti-depression drugs made it worse. My Pastor told him to memorize the SERMON ON THE MOUNT. He said, when you have it memorized, come back and let me know. Weeks later the man came back and said Pastor Zac, I did it. He had a big smile on his face. He wasn't depressed, he was happy. Zac asked, Why are you so happy? The man said, "Well after reading the Sermon on the Mount over and over again, my depression melted away and I forgot what it was I was so depressed about."
His problem, one that many people suffer from, is that they are too self focused. It's all about me, mine, I. Every sentence is about them, life seems to be evolving around them and their only perspective is how can the world make them happy? It's this self serving way of life, what life can offer them, what anyone can offer them. Gimme, gimme, I want, I need ... And when happiness doesn't come, the void is still there and they try to fill it with something. In your case, you think a physical change will do, then you will be happy. Nope. Modern society has evolved into this "What's in it for me" mindset and so they feed them with all these self help books, "Look within yourself"... "The power is within you" ... bla, bla, bla. The Bible teaches the opposite - it tells you that you must die to your old self and ways and focus on Christ and things above. He says, love your neighbor and love God. That's it, that is healing advice.

The happiest people are the givers, the servants of people. They are unselfish, thinking about others and little about themselves. They love others.
A famous psychoanalyst, Scott Peck, was asked a question: "If you were so depressed and could find no escape, that you had suicidal thoughts, what would you do? He said, " I would go out and help someone. After I finished, I would go and find someone else to help." Getting the focus off yourself will change your attitude. When we focus on ourselves, there is so much junk in there, that we can get stuck in a pit of despondency.
The real therapy is to love God and others. So read the Sermon on the Mount over and over and it will give you peace. The more you get into God's word, especially comforting scriptures, the more your faith will grow and fear will take a back seat and eventually melt away. God can heal you. You need time to heal and revamp your perspective.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024
Northern Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Be content with the way God made you.
You already have mental challenges, don't make it worse. You need to talk to your parents and listen to them and a professional Christian counselor.
Time and prayer is needed to heal. Christ can heal you - believe it.

In life our perspective changes.
Our values change.
Our goals change.
Our attitude and feelings you have now will change.
Our likes and dislikes change.
So without doing anything, change comes. So, don't do anything foolish like what you are talking about because you can't go back and reverse it.

You are a beautiful woman. God created you to look exactly like you do AND He has plans for you. Do you think He made a mistake?
Most people do not desire kids until they have a mate, get married, and then later.
Be careful and responsible and you won't have kids.
Fear not. And I say this because fear is the opposite of faith. This paranoia and schizophrenia is treatable. Don't let feelings govern your actions. Let God govern your actions.
My Pastor was once approached by a man who was so depressed, he couldn't get out of it no matter what he tried. Anti-depression drugs made it worse. My Pastor told him to memorize the SERMON ON THE MOUNT. He said, when you have it memorized, come back and let me know. Weeks later the man came back and said Pastor Zac, I did it. He had a big smile on his face. He wasn't depressed, he was happy. Zac asked, Why are you so happy? The man said, "Well after reading the Sermon on the Mount over and over again, my depression melted away and I forgot what it was I was so depressed about."
His problem, one that many people suffer from, is that they are too self focused. It's all about me, mine, I. Every sentence is about them, life seems to be evolving around them and their only perspective is how can the world make them happy? It's this self serving way of life, what life can offer them, what anyone can offer them. Gimme, gimme, I want, I need ... And when happiness doesn't come, the void is still there and they try to fill it with something. In your case, you think a physical change will do, then you will be happy. Nope. Modern society has evolved into this "What's in it for me" mindset and so they feed them with all these self help books, "Look within yourself"... "The power is within you" ... bla, bla, bla. The Bible teaches the opposite - it tells you that you must die to your old self and ways and focus on Christ and things above. He says, love your neighbor and love God. That's it, that is healing advice.

The happiest people are the givers, the servants of people. They are unselfish, thinking about others and little about themselves. They love others.
A famous psychoanalyst, Scott Peck, was asked a question: "If you were so depressed and could find no escape, that you had suicidal thoughts, what would you do? He said, " I would go out and help someone. After I finished, I would go and find someone else to help." Getting the focus off yourself will change your attitude. When we focus on ourselves, there is so much junk in there, that we can get stuck in a pit of despondency.
The real therapy is to love God and others. So read the Sermon on the Mount over and over and it will give you peace. The more you get into God's word, especially comforting scriptures, the more your faith will grow and fear will take a back seat and eventually melt away. God can heal you. You need time to heal and revamp your perspective.
That’s brilliant thank you ! Praise Jesus

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Princessofjesus
I agree with the others that gave you sound, Biblical counseling.

Love yourself as you are....and love God and others. Get your eyes off of yourself and onto Jesus, and helping others.

If you don't want to have children because of your mental conditions, that is understandable. But don't take a drastic approach to preventing children.

Also, in the future you might want children. For now, take a day at a time with God's help.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are free to do as you please as long as you harm no one. It's your body. However, without being judgmental or discriminatory, the causal factor of all these issues are disassociation. We as a people, regardless of faith have become disassociated from God, from nature and from ourselves.

Try to understand this before you make permanent decisions. Life is a paradox, the very things that shame us later become the things that bring us glory if we work hard at accepting them.

Have hope. Your water will turn to wine one day.

• Love
Reactions: Princessofjesus

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s brilliant thank you ! Praise Jesus
You are welcome. To prove to you that God is speaking to you through others, check this out. Wow! I just read what Pearl wrote and she gave you pretty much the same advice. She had posted it at 10:35 AM yesterday, just when I was working on and in the middle of mine, which I started about 9AM, got interrupted by my wife who wanted me to do this and that, then didn't finish and post it until noon. We were on the same page, God's page. It was the Holy Spirit who gets the credit, not us.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just don’t want to have children

Why the irreversible option of surgery?

You don't want children, thats fine. So don't get married, don't have sex and you will never have children.

As has already been suggested, talk to your parents, talk to your minister, talk to a Christian councelor/doctor.

Surgery will never heal mental issues.

Jan 20, 2024
Northern Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why the irreversible option of surgery?

You don't want children, thats fine. So don't get married, don't have sex and you will never have children.

As has already been suggested, talk to your parents, talk to your minister, talk to a Christian councelor/doctor.

I have a boyfriend who won’t go away and accept that I don’t want to be with him

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true. Usually doctors wouldn't do surgery like that on a person with mental health issues.

Years ago a neighbor had jaw surgery. She had an alcoholic problem but was sober for many years.

After the surgery, she started drinking again, nearly burned her apartment up and eventually became homeless. Then disappeared.

I talked to her doctor once on the phone when she was in terrible condition and he told me to call the paramedics. He also said if he had known she had an alcoholic problem, he would have never done the surgery on her. It was for TMJ...so it was optional surgery.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I say hang on to your baby factory and your tities, you wont regret it.