Name I want know about.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
Well I spelt as I saw it. It possible it could be and also who the name is it?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no Maron, that I know of

Marion is another form of Mary

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
no...not that I know of Wayne....however, there was a God in Greek mythology called Maron. An elderly rustic spirit [Seilenoi] a father of the tribes of satyrs and Oreiades and Priest of Appollon.

Shalom!!!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joshua Chapter 11

11. And when Jabis the king of Asor heard, he sent to Jobab king of Maron, and to the king of Symoon, and to the king of Aziph, [sup]2 [/sup]and to the kings who were by the great Sidon, to the hill country and to Araba opposite Keneroth, and to the plain, and to Phenaeddor, [sup]3 [/sup]and to the Chananites on the coast eastward, and to the Amorites on the coast, and the Chettites, and the Pherezites, and the Jebusites in the mountain, and the Evites, and those dwelling under Mount Aermon in the land Massyma. [sup]4 [/sup]And they and their kings with them went forth, as the sand of the sea in multitude, and horses, and very many chariots. [sup]5 [/sup]And all the kings assembled in person, and came to the same place, and encamped at the waters of Maron to war with Israel. [sup]6 [/sup]And the Lord said to Joshua; Be not afraid of them, for to-morrow at this time I will put them to flight before Israel: thou shalt hough their horses, and burn their chariots with fire. [sup]7 [/sup]And Joshua and all the men of war came upon them at the water of Maron suddenly; and they attacked them in the hill country.[sup]8 [/sup]And the Lord delivered them into the power of Israel; and they smote them and pursued them to great Sidon, and to Maseron, and to the plains of Massoch eastward; and they destroyed them till there was not one of them left that survived. [sup]9 [/sup]And Joshua did to them, as the Lord commanded him: he houghed their horses, and burned their chariots with fire. [sup]10 [/sup]And Joshua returned at that time, and took Asor and her king; now Asor in former time was the chief of these kingdoms. [sup]11 [/sup]And they slew with the sword all that breathed in it, and utterly destroyed them all, and there was no living thing left in it; and they burnt Asor with fire. [sup]12 [/sup]And Joshua took all the cities of the kingdoms, and their kings, and slew them with the edge of the sword; and utterly slew them, as Moses the servant of the Lord commanded. [sup]13 [/sup]But all the walled cities Israel burnt not; but Israel burnt Asor only. [sup]14 [/sup]And the children of Israel took all its spoils to themselves; and they slew all the men with the edge of the sword, until he destroyed them; they left not one of them breathing. [sup]15 [/sup]As the Lord commanded his servant Moses, even so Moses commanded Joshua, and so Joshua did, he transgressed no precept of all that Moses commanded him.

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Joshua Chapter 11

11. And when Jabis the king of Asor heard, he sent to Jobab king of Maron, and to the king of Symoon, and to the king of Aziph, [sup]2 [/sup]and to the kings who were by the great Sidon, to the hill country and to Araba opposite Keneroth, and to the plain, and to Phenaeddor, [sup]3 [/sup]and to the Chananites on the coast eastward, and to the Amorites on the coast, and the Chettites, and the Pherezites, and the Jebusites in the mountain, and the Evites, and those dwelling under Mount Aermon in the land Massyma. [sup]4 [/sup]And they and their kings with them went forth, as the sand of the sea in multitude, and horses, and very many chariots. [sup]5 [/sup]And all the kings assembled in person, and came to the same place, and encamped at the waters of Maron to war with Israel. [sup]6 [/sup]And the Lord said to Joshua; Be not afraid of them, for to-morrow at this time I will put them to flight before Israel: thou shalt hough their horses, and burn their chariots with fire. [sup]7 [/sup]And Joshua and all the men of war came upon them at the water of Maron suddenly; and they attacked them in the hill country.[sup]8 [/sup]And the Lord delivered them into the power of Israel; and they smote them and pursued them to great Sidon, and to Maseron, and to the plains of Massoch eastward; and they destroyed them till there was not one of them left that survived. [sup]9 [/sup]And Joshua did to them, as the Lord commanded him: he houghed their horses, and burned their chariots with fire. [sup]10 [/sup]And Joshua returned at that time, and took Asor and her king; now Asor in former time was the chief of these kingdoms. [sup]11 [/sup]And they slew with the sword all that breathed in it, and utterly destroyed them all, and there was no living thing left in it; and they burnt Asor with fire. [sup]12 [/sup]And Joshua took all the cities of the kingdoms, and their kings, and slew them with the edge of the sword; and utterly slew them, as Moses the servant of the Lord commanded. [sup]13 [/sup]But all the walled cities Israel burnt not; but Israel burnt Asor only. [sup]14 [/sup]And the children of Israel took all its spoils to themselves; and they slew all the men with the edge of the sword, until he destroyed them; they left not one of them breathing. [sup]15 [/sup]As the Lord commanded his servant Moses, even so Moses commanded Joshua, and so Joshua did, he transgressed no precept of all that Moses commanded him.

Joshua 11:1

What's in the bible is 'Madon', not "maron".

a quick yahoo search led me to discovered that the word maron is old germanic for "nightmare" which is tied to an evil spirit.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=crmas&p=maron+germanic

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typo on editor? Septuagint Version of the Old Testament Translated into English Brenton, Lancelot Charles Lee

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Is that bad! I do remember movie saying that?

If the movie you're talking about is the one I think it is, then yes it is bad. Horror movies are desensitizing poison for the mind all by themselves, but "paranormal", more often than not, gets into exploring the demonic realm. God's Word commands us to avoid every kind of evil. (1 Thess 5:22) The world doesn't see horror as "evil" but Christians know that demons are real and horror movies are just a device for corruption (2 Cor 2:11).

We are to hate evil, not live in fear of it, which is what horror movies promote. Just be careful, Wayne.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I hear from many Chirstian that watch horror movie invited evil spirits but I do have to call bull crap. I also do think that same with lulery boards too. I think only evil is invited when you allow your self to become weak in the Lord. Don't get me wrong you won't see me playing with a lulery board but I don't mind be around them. I know how that sounds.

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
I hear from many Chirstian that watch horror movie invited evil spirits but I do have to call bull crap. I also do think that same with lulery boards too. I think only evil is invited when you allow your self to become weak in the Lord. Don't get me wrong you won't see me playing with a lulery board but I don't mind be around them. I know how that sounds.

I know it's hard to believe the level of deception in the world but that's why the devil is called a "deceiver of the whole world". Making a conscious effort to avoid evil and clinging to God, is the only way to gain discernment of all forms of it. I'm not saying watching a scary movie is gonna make a demon jump on you, but a ouija board is a different story..

Deuteronomy 18
Occult Practices

[sup]9[/sup] When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. [sup]10[/sup] Let no one be found among youwho sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, [sup]11[/sup] or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. [sup]12[/sup] Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD; because of these same detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. [sup]13[/sup] You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

The occult and it's practices are serious to God. Enough that you should want to steer clear of anyone who would willingly participate in it.

Just continue to seek God and he will change your desires. :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hey bro!
Don't worry too much about the stuff you shouldn't do for the moment...just do the things that are important for growing as a Christian like reading your bible and finding a group to learn about it [bible] and having fun getting to know God. As you go along [mature]...God will begin to reveal things to you that you may want to change or no-longer want to do... ^_^

Your at the beginning of a fantastic journey...find a good Church to go to and some good Christian friends to help and support you along the way...as you grow, you will be able to support and help others for Jesus as well... :)

Bless ya!