Nation born in a day in 1948?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wilderness from the Greek means this

érēmos
  1. solitary, lonely, desolate, uninhabited
    1. used of places
      1. a desert, wilderness
      2. deserted places, lonely regions
      3. an uncultivated region fit for pasturage
    2. used of persons
      1. deserted by others
      2. deprived of the aid and protection of others, especially of friends, acquaintances, kindred
      3. bereft 1b
    3. of a flock deserted by the shepherd 1b
    4. of a woman neglected by her husband, from whom the husband withholds himself

Strong's
Of uncertain affinity; lonesome, that is, (by implication) waste (usually as a noun, G5561 being implied): - desert, desolate, solitary, wilderness.
Mounce's
deserted, remote, solitary; as a noun, desert, uninhabited wilderness, or grasslands, implying in some contexts to be a forsaken, desolate place
Translated Words
NAS (49) - DESOLATE, 2; WILDERNESS, 7; desert, 2; deserts, 1; desolate, 4; open, 1; pasture, 1; secluded, 5; unpopulated, 1; wilderness, 25

I am not convinced that only one village fits that description.

According to this link Zooming In on Petra

-at it's peak it was home to 30,000 people. If perhaps millions of people flee how would they ALL fit?

Another site suggests the population was much smaller.

"
Some writers have estimated that Petra might have had a population of 20,000 to 30,000 inhabitants. Interestingly enough, few academic sources substantiate these figures. (originally derived by a journalist). There was a limited amount of room within Petra’s city walls. If we calculated, say, 10 people to a household, this would come to at least 2000 large houses. The problem with this is that there was very little room within the city proper for private housing. The great majority all of the buildings uncovered to date have been public buildings. As an example, consider the market places. For years, part of Petra was deemed as having upper, middle, and lower marketplaces. When archaeologists decided to excavate the lower market in 1998, they discovered a series of public pools, gardens, and waterworks.

Most archeologists, however, now believe that Petra was a large, urban center. The Petra Scrolls clearly tell us of the crowded living conditions within the city during the Byzantine era, but little is known of Petra during its purely Nabataean days from around 60 BC to 200 AD.

As the Nabataeans were a nomadic people who traditionally lived in tents, it is assumed that for the first several hundred years of their occupation of the Inner Kingdom that they lived in tents, and did not erect stone houses. This is true in most of the Nabataean cities. It is only during the latter part of the Nabataean kingdom that suddenly the Nabataeans began constructing houses, and then they were often of incredible size, varying from 600 to 2000 square meters.

So, did people live in cities surrounded by the dead? The answer is not clear, but it may have been that most of the Nabataeans lived in tents scattered across the countryside, or in small centers such as Selah. Many also lived in smaller villages raising camels and horses. This would have required large tracts of grazing space. Others would be away with the caravans or trading ships.

So it only makes sense that they would cluster their public buildings around one spot, where the temples and Royal Courts and tombs were located. As for housing, perhaps for many years, and particularly during public festivals, the majority of people lived in tents in various tenting places around the city."

The idea of all believers fleeing to this little place for years seems unrealistic. It also does not strike me as the place God prepared for them all.
You keep saying all believers, I do not and have not! I am saying Jews in Judea will flee there! How many is that? Can't tell you! But they will not be believers when they flee. And a city that can house 30,000, for emergencies can easily crowd in several hundred thousand! It has been done all the time during wars and calamities.

I do not care what modern moderate believers and secular authors declare---When God saya it it will come to pass.

And yes Petra is in the wilderness of the transjordanian desert. Tonight I will find the text I use to teach eschatology and pull all the verses to show why Petra is the only place aptly suitable for the Jews to flee from Judea.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You keep saying all believers, I do not and have not! I am saying Jews in Judea will flee there! How many is that? Can't tell you! But they will not be believers when they flee. And a city that can house 30,000, for emergencies can easily crowd in several hundred thousand! It has been done all the time during wars and calamities.

So you think that unbelieving Jews will up and leave soon as they see the abomination of desolation? Also, if the rock city were 'prepared of God' would it not have some accommodation for masses?
I do not care what modern moderate believers and secular authors declare---When God saya it it will come to pass.
Except I have not seen Him say all those leaving Israel would go to one little town.
And yes Petra is in the wilderness of the transjordanian desert. Tonight I will find the text I use to teach eschatology and pull all the verses to show why Petra is the only place aptly suitable for the Jews to flee from Judea.

Any place God prepares is suitable.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think that unbelieving Jews will up and leave soon as they see the abomination of desolation? Also, if the rock city were 'prepared of God' would it not have some accommodation for masses?
Well,
I will leave that for you to try and rationalize and question God, I can only tell you what Scripture says.

If you don't like it, you need to take it up with God.
Except I have not seen Him say all those leaving Israel would go to one little town.
Well here is what Jesus said:

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Any place God prepares is suitable.
Yes and he named the place--Petra!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well,
I will leave that for you to try and rationalize and question God, I can only tell you what Scripture says.

Yet you did not post scripture. I guess you mean what you think scripture says.
If you don't like it, you need to take it up with God.

Well here is what Jesus said:

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Yes and he named the place--Petra!
Except when we read the passages you post there is no mention of Petra, Funny, that. So far it seems to be all in your head.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not sure what you mean. Of course He will save them one day and restore them, that is not any question or debatable. The issue is when. Some claim God already brought them back and is making the desert bloom like a rose etc etc.
I'm very sure what Scripture says would happen did happen in "Christ the ALL in all (peoples, individuals, the world, God's creation) fulfilling FULLNESS OF GOD". There's no issue, 'when' and deserts staying deserts or made bloom - by man - mean nothing and cannot and will not bring DEAD OR ALIVE Israel back to the Land of Canaan or anywhere, America, Southern Africa, Land of the Kazaar (Ukraine) wherever. The saved are saved by grace through faith IN CHRIST and with CHRIST are HIDDEN IN God or are scattered and LOST irredeemable eternally ON EARTH. EARTH IS WHERE everyone is saved or damned.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm very sure what Scripture says would happen did happen in "Christ the ALL in all (peoples, individuals, the world, God's creation) fulfilling FULLNESS OF GOD". There's no issue, 'when' and deserts staying deserts or made bloom - by man - mean nothing and cannot and will not bring DEAD OR ALIVE Israel back to the Land of Canaan or anywhere, America, Southern Africa, Land of the Kazaar (Ukraine) wherever. The saved are saved by grace through faith IN CHRIST and with CHRIST are HIDDEN IN God or are scattered and LOST irredeemable eternally ON EARTH. EARTH IS WHERE everyone is saved or damned.
Then you are wrong. It is obvious that He did not restore them to the land and killed all their enemies, and etc etc etc etc etc.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet you did not post scripture. I guess you mean what you think scripture says.

Except when we read the passages you post there is no mention of Petra, Funny, that. So far it seems to be all in your head.
I was busy last night so I could not look it up, but I will try to post all teh evidences Scriptures give. But as you are so dead set against it and think it is all in my head, I suspect you will not accept biblical evidences that fall short of saying that Petra is where they flee to after the Abomination.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was busy last night so I could not look it up, but I will try to post all teh evidences Scriptures give. But as you are so dead set against it and think it is all in my head, I suspect you will not accept biblical evidences that fall short of saying that Petra is where they flee to after the Abomination.
So far a big build up for days without support. Maybe try more fire than smoke. I think Petra area may be one of the areas. I just see no reason to make it exclusive.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far a big build up for days without support. Maybe try more fire than smoke. I think Petra area may be one of the areas. I just see no reason to make it exclusive.
Well if you wish to be snide and hurl your little prepubescent ad-hominess, maybe we should call it a day, until you learn to debater in a more civil Chrstian like manner. But I have a life and try to accomplish all I can. sometime answers here take a low priority do to other portions of living. If you can't deal with that then let us leave this conversation before you get worse at hurling your snide remarks.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well let us look at the biblical evidences why Bozrah/Petra is the most natural choice for the Jews from Judea to flee to when the Antichrist commits the abomination of desolation.

Matt. 24:

It is a place in the mountains.

Revelation 12:6

King James Version
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Revelation 12:14

King James Version
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.​

It is a place in teh wilderness prepared already of God.

Isaiah 33:16

King James Version

16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.

Although this passage is inconclusive, it is in an end time portion and gives information that is very useful

So to sum up so far:

This refuge is to be a place in the mountains
A place in the wilderness.
Aplace prepared in advance
Easily defensible for it is in a rocky place.

Another clue passage is this:

Micah 2:12

King James Version

12 I will surely assemble, O Jacob, all of thee; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together as the sheep of Bozrah, as the flock in the midst of their fold: they shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men.

Now Bozran sheep were no different than any other sheep or had any special qualities. But as Petra in the Hebrew is Bozrah, this gives another clue.

Some interesting facts about the city or area of Petra.

1. Its entrance is known as the sheep gate
2. the entrance is 1 1/2 miles long and can only be traversed 2 abreast.
3. It is surrounded by high rocky crags which makes it an easily defensible position.
4. It is already a city though uninhabited that can house large numbers of refugees fleeing.

One more fact which seems to nail it all down:

Daniel 11:41

King James Version

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

When the antichrist gains global control- Edom, Moab and Ammon escape his rule. These form the modern nation of Jordan where Bozrah/Petra is located. Though it doesn't say, it would seem very logical and safew to conclude that when the Jews in Judea flee for their lives, they are going to go where teh Antichrist is not in control.

While I can't say absolutely, all the biblical evidence points to the present day rock city of Bozrah/Petra where the Jews will at that time.​

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well if you wish to be snide and hurl your little prepubescent ad-hominess, maybe we should call it a day, until you learn to debater in a more civil Chrstian like manner. But I have a life and try to accomplish all I can. sometime answers here take a low priority do to other portions of living. If you can't deal with that then let us leave this conversation before you get worse at hurling your snide remarks.
Ha. After two days of build up we see this nonsense.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well let us look at the biblical evidences why Bozrah/Petra is the most natural choice for the Jews from Judea to flee to when the Antichrist commits the abomination of desolation.

Matt. 24:

It is a place in the mountains.
Mountains are a place. Not a town.

Revelation 12:6​

King James Version​

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.​

Revelation 12:14​

King James Version​

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.​

It is a place in teh wilderness prepared already of God.
Great, so what is the connection to that having to be the Petra area exclusively?

Isaiah 33:16​

King James Version​

16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.​

Although this passage is inconclusive, it is in an end time portion and gives information that is very useful​

The verse before spells out who that is for.

Isaiah 33:15
He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

Sorry, I do not see that fitting only or even specifically Jews in Israel in the end time.

Micah 2:12​

King James Version​

12 I will surely assemble, O Jacob, all of thee; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together as the sheep of Bozrah, as the flock in the midst of their fold: they shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men.​

Micah 2:12
I will surely assemble, O Jacob, all of thee; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together as the sheep of Bozrah, as the flock in the midst of their fold: they shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men.
Micah 2:13

The breaker is come up before them: they have broken up, and have passed through the gate, and are gone out by it: and their king shall pass before them, and the Lord on the head of them.

The Lord is not the king before them or their head until they get saved. Nor can we say that all the remnant of Israel is in Judea when the abomination is seen. So that is not a good fit for the specific prophesy of fleeing in the end either.

Now Bozran sheep were no different than any other sheep or had any special qualities. But as Petra in the Hebrew is Bozrah, this gives another clue.​

Some interesting facts about the city or area of Petra.​

1. Its entrance is known as the sheep gate​

2. the entrance is 1 1/2 miles long and can only be traversed 2 abreast.​

3. It is surrounded by high rocky crags which makes it an easily defensible position.​

4. It is already a city though uninhabited that can house large numbers of refugees fleeing.​

Defensible? By refugees? In this day and age? What are they supposed to do scare off the helicopters and missiles by waving their hats? The idea with the place God prepares is not that is is 'defensible' but that He protects them.

One more fact which seems to nail it all down:​

Daniel 11:41​

King James Version​

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.​

When the antichrist gains global control- Edom, Moab and Ammon escape his rule. These form the modern nation of Jordan where Bozrah/Petra is located. Though it doesn't say, it would seem very logical and safew to conclude that when the Jews in Judea flee for their lives, they are going to go where teh Antichrist is not in control.​

Some may go to these places. However that has nothing to do with a claim they all go to a small rock town.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is not ruling over them now. He does deal with them in the 'wilderness of the people' But where do you get that this means that He brings them back in 1948?
Nit Picking. It doesn't say He would immediately rule! But grammar seems to be something you like to ignore.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ha. After two days of build up we see this nonsense.

This response is called Gas Lighting, the trademark of a bully. Typical behaviour of many false argument people on this forum.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This response is called Gas Lighting, the trademark of a bully. Typical behaviour of many false argument people on this forum.
No. It is called getting weary of a poster drum rolling a big case for days and failing to produce anything. That was what the post was about. Then the poster finally did produce a few off center verses that I went through. Try dealing with the issues and topic. The poster will do no better than you in debating the issue I wager. Ha

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. It is called getting weary of a poster drum rolling a big case for days and failing to produce anything. That was what the post was about. Then the poster finally did produce a few off center verses that I went through. Try dealing with the issues and topic. The poster will do no better than you in debating the issue I wager. Ha

Sometimes it is better to simply just let go of trying to be right all of the time. No person is right all of the time. The problem is the flawed interpretations that we all hold dear too us. My experience with you was that you were a gas lighter, and a bully all wrapped up in one, not wanting to let up when I was trying to move on as politely as possible.

I wonder if this is also just the same with this member as well.