National Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Again, let the parrot speak: the Jewish State is not now what it promises to be.
Here is what God Promises for Judah, for the one last time:

Jeremiah 6:8-15 Be instructed, Jerusalem [Judah, the Jewish people], or your God will depart from you and will devastate the Land. Isaiah 22:11-14, Zephaniah 1:1-18

The Lord says: Glean like a vine the remnant of Israel, one last time, like the vine dresser – pass your hand over the branches. Isaiah 5:5-7

To whom shall I speak and give warning? Who will hear me? Their ears are blocked, they are incapable of listening. They treat the Lord’s Word as a reproach, it has no appeal for them. Ezekiel 22:26-31

But I am full of the anger of the Lord, I cannot hold it back. Isaiah 63:1-6
I must pour it out onto all the people of the Land. Their houses will be given to others.

For all the leaders and people only consider themselves, their prophets and Rabbis are all frauds, every one of them. They fail to address the real problems of their people. They say: “All is well”. All well? Nothing is right and just. They ought to be ashamed because of their sinful practices, yet they have no sense of shame, therefore they will fall with a great crash and be brought low on the Day of My reckoning. Jeremiah 8:8, Ezekiel 33:25-26, Isaiah 6:11-13

Jeremiah 6:16-30 The Lord says: you should enquire about the Way that leads to righteousness. But they said: “We refuse”. Then I appointed watchmen – listen for the call they told them. But they said: “We refuse”. Therefore hear you nations and take note of the plight of these people. I am about to bring ruin upon them, for all their sinful ways and ignoring My instructions. Your sacrifices are not acceptable and your offerings do not please Me. Isaiah 22:14, Zephaniah 1:4-6, Matthew 24:41-42

Therefore the Lord says: I will set obstacles before this people, which will bring them to the ground, father, sons, friends and neighbours will all perish together. Jeremiah 12:14-17 A great host appears, like men arrayed for battle, against you; Zion.

News of their coming has reached us and our hands hang limp, agony grips us, pangs as of a woman in labour. Do not go outside, for the foe will smite you there, as terror is spread around the world. Mourn and wail as the despoiler comes upon us in an instant. Isaiah 10:17, Isaiah 29:5-6, Zephaniah 1:1-18 & 3:8, Revelation 6:12-17

It is appointed to assay My people, testing their conduct, but they are all rebels, mischief makers and corrupt to a man. The bellows blow, the fire is ready. All types of metal in vain the refiner refines, but the impurities cannot be removed. Call them reject silver, for God has rejected them. Matthew 21:43 Ref: REB.

All of this prophecy in Jeremiah is telling us about the coming judgement/punishment by fire– the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. Rev 6:12-17
This terrifying event will affect all the world, but especially the Middle East and all this prophecy applies specifically to Judah, the current inhabitants of part of the holy Land. Jeremiah 12:14, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Ezekiel 21:1-17

‘a great host appears, like men ready for battle’ This description, along with Joel 2:1-11, is allegorical for what will happen. These verses say how the Lord will act on His great Day of vengeance and wrath: Isaiah 63:1-6, Revelation 6:12-17
A coronal mass ejection flash will ‘come in an instant’, seen in eight minutes, Isaiah 30:26, but the main mass of superheated hydrogen will take about 24 hours to travel to earth and ‘news of its coming will reach us’. ‘Do not go outside’, is obvious – get into shelter and stay there until it passes, Isaiah 26:20-21, ‘as terror is spread around the world,’ for at least 24hrs. Psalms 18:7-15, Isaiah 2:12-21, Zeph. 1:14-18, 2 Peter 3:7&10
Their houses will be given to others’. Psalms 69:33-36

I repeat - Jeremiah 6:30 Reprobate silver shall men call them, for the Lord has rejected them. KJV.
Unless you can show a scripture that says the Lord rescinds His rejection of Judah, then you theory of their redemption is wrong.

Please read Amos 2:4-5, where it says how Judah will be destroyed by fire, but the rest of Amos, from verse 6 to the Amos 9:15, which says that Israel will be settled back into their own Land, the holy Land.
Obviously there are two entities; Judah and Israel. Calling the Jews 'Israel', is error and confusion.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what God Promises for Judah, for the one last time:

Jeremiah 6:8-15 Be instructed, Jerusalem [Judah, the Jewish people], or your God will depart from you and will devastate the Land. Isaiah 22:11-14, Zephaniah 1:1-18

The Lord says: Glean like a vine the remnant of Israel, one last time, like the vine dresser – pass your hand over the branches. Isaiah 5:5-7

To whom shall I speak and give warning? Who will hear me? Their ears are blocked, they are incapable of listening. They treat the Lord’s Word as a reproach, it has no appeal for them. Ezekiel 22:26-31

But I am full of the anger of the Lord, I cannot hold it back. Isaiah 63:1-6
I must pour it out onto all the people of the Land. Their houses will be given to others.

For all the leaders and people only consider themselves, their prophets and Rabbis are all frauds, every one of them. They fail to address the real problems of their people. They say: “All is well”. All well? Nothing is right and just. They ought to be ashamed because of their sinful practices, yet they have no sense of shame, therefore they will fall with a great crash and be brought low on the Day of My reckoning. Jeremiah 8:8, Ezekiel 33:25-26, Isaiah 6:11-13

Jeremiah 6:16-30 The Lord says: you should enquire about the Way that leads to righteousness. But they said: “We refuse”. Then I appointed watchmen – listen for the call they told them. But they said: “We refuse”. Therefore hear you nations and take note of the plight of these people. I am about to bring ruin upon them, for all their sinful ways and ignoring My instructions. Your sacrifices are not acceptable and your offerings do not please Me. Isaiah 22:14, Zephaniah 1:4-6, Matthew 24:41-42

Therefore the Lord says: I will set obstacles before this people, which will bring them to the ground, father, sons, friends and neighbours will all perish together. Jeremiah 12:14-17 A great host appears, like men arrayed for battle, against you; Zion.

News of their coming has reached us and our hands hang limp, agony grips us, pangs as of a woman in labour. Do not go outside, for the foe will smite you there, as terror is spread around the world. Mourn and wail as the despoiler comes upon us in an instant. Isaiah 10:17, Isaiah 29:5-6, Zephaniah 1:1-18 & 3:8, Revelation 6:12-17

It is appointed to assay My people, testing their conduct, but they are all rebels, mischief makers and corrupt to a man. The bellows blow, the fire is ready. All types of metal in vain the refiner refines, but the impurities cannot be removed. Call them reject silver, for God has rejected them. Matthew 21:43 Ref: REB.

All of this prophecy in Jeremiah is telling us about the coming judgement/punishment by fire– the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. Rev 6:12-17
This terrifying event will affect all the world, but especially the Middle East and all this prophecy applies specifically to Judah, the current inhabitants of part of the holy Land. Jeremiah 12:14, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Ezekiel 21:1-17

‘a great host appears, like men ready for battle’ This description, along with Joel 2:1-11, is allegorical for what will happen. These verses say how the Lord will act on His great Day of vengeance and wrath: Isaiah 63:1-6, Revelation 6:12-17
A coronal mass ejection flash will ‘come in an instant’, seen in eight minutes, Isaiah 30:26, but the main mass of superheated hydrogen will take about 24 hours to travel to earth and ‘news of its coming will reach us’. ‘Do not go outside’, is obvious – get into shelter and stay there until it passes, Isaiah 26:20-21, ‘as terror is spread around the world,’ for at least 24hrs. Psalms 18:7-15, Isaiah 2:12-21, Zeph. 1:14-18, 2 Peter 3:7&10
Their houses will be given to others’. Psalms 69:33-36

I repeat - Jeremiah 6:30 Reprobate silver shall men call them, for the Lord has rejected them. KJV.
Unless you can show a scripture that says the Lord rescinds His rejection of Judah, then you theory of their redemption is wrong.

Please read Amos 2:4-5, where it says how Judah will be destroyed by fire, but the rest of Amos, from verse 6 to the Amos 9:15, which says that Israel will be settled back into their own Land, the holy Land.
Obviously there are two entities; Judah and Israel. Calling the Jews 'Israel', is error and confusion.
I've told you this repeatedly. These things were promised to happen to Israel and Judah before the captivities, and the captivities caused them to happen. None of it meant Israel could not be restored, which is exactly what God promised Israe.

Lev 26.40 “‘But if they will confess their sins and the sins of their ancestors—their unfaithfulness and their hostility toward me, 41 which made me hostile toward them so that I sent them into the land of their enemies—then when their uncircumcised hearts are humbled and they pay for their sin, 42 I will remember my covenant with Jacob and my covenant with Isaac and my covenant with Abraham, and I will remember the land. 43 For the land will be deserted by them and will enjoy its sabbaths while it lies desolate without them. They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees. 44 Yet in spite of this, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them or abhor them so as to destroy them completely, breaking my covenant with them. I am the Lord their God. 45 But for their sake I will remember the covenant with their ancestors whom I brought out of Egypt in the sight of the nations to be their God. I am the Lord.’”

The covenant of promise Paul argued is *eternal.* You cannot get around this. The opportunity for restoration is not based on a return to the Law, but on *grace.* A complete failure under the Law cannot stop God from keeping His promise to Abraham concerning Israel and concerning all the nations that He promised would be representative of societies of faith.

So argue all you want about judgment coming to Israel. There is *always* the promise of return, because God's promises are faithful and true.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I've told you this repeatedly. These things were promised to happen to Israel and Judah before the captivities
But what is described in Jeremiah 6:8-30 did not happen when Judah was exiled in 586 BC or in 70 to 135 AD. It does not relate to the Babylonian or the Roman conquests.
Your offhand assertions that it is past history, shows either a serious lack of Biblical and historical knowledge, or worse; a desire to make Bible Prophecy fit a personal agenda, to make it all of no real consequence to us today.
This attitude is a bad mistake, as it says to God that what He has told us thru His Prophets, is worthless. You OK with that?

The main sticking point that we have is in the truth of the continued separation of Judah and Israel.
I have posted Amos 2:4-5, the fate of Judah, and Amos 2:6-30, the future of Israel. Both Prophesies are future and the final rejoining of a Judah remnant and all the peoples of the House of Israel, awaits the fulfilment of Ezekiel 37:15-28. A Prophecy that is clearly not yet fulfilled.
When it is, THEN all the faithful Christian peoples will live in all of the holy Land, keeping the Commandments and being ruled over by a King like David. Ezekiel 27:24

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what is described in Jeremiah 6:8-30 did not happen when Judah was exiled in 586 BC or in 70 to 135 AD. It does not relate to the Babylonian or the Roman conquests.
Your offhand assertions that it is past history, shows either a serious lack of Biblical and historical knowledge, or worse; a desire to make Bible Prophecy fit a personal agenda, to make it all of no real consequence to us today.
This attitude is a bad mistake, as it says to God that what He has told us thru His Prophets, is worthless. You OK with that?

The main sticking point that we have is in the truth of the continued separation of Judah and Israel.

Until you address what I actual said, in full context, we're just wasting time and repeating the same old arguments. What I provided was evidence that God's promise to Abraham concerning Israel and concerning nations of faith was an *eternal guarantee.* You completely ignored this.

I fully understand that not all judgment directed at Israel was satisfied in the Babylonian and Assyrian captivities. There is also the present "captivity," or the "Jewish Diaspora," which I've stated multiple times.

However, the point is, God can and will always restore Israel with the hope of national repentance. You deny that is possible, and you deny God's promise in this regard. End of argument.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
God's promise to Abraham concerning Israel and concerning nations of faith was an *eternal guarantee.
God will keep His promises; to the true and faithful Israelites, NOT to those mixed race peoples who falsely claim to be Israel. Jesus said what they were: Revelation 2:9
Here is another of the many Prophesies that tell of the virtual demise of Jewish Israel:

Jeremiah 13:1-10 Jeremiah is instructed to buy a loincloth. He is then told to hide it near a river. After a long time, he retrieved it, but it was ruined.
Jeremiah 13:11-27 Thus, I shall ruin the enormous pride of Judah, these people with stubborn hearts, who worship other gods – they will become like that cloth, no good for anything. Hosea 8:14, Jeremiah 8:5-12

......I bound all Israel and all Judah to Me, so that they should become a source of renown and praise to Me, but they did not listen. Isaiah 31:6-7

....I shall make all who live in Jerusalem drunk..... I shall show no compassion nor refrain from destroying them. Obadiah 12-16

Pay heed, be not too proud to listen, for it is the Lord who speaks.

Give glory to God, before the light that you look for turns to darkness.

If in the depths you will not listen, then weep bitterly for the Lords people are carried off into captivity. [Judah conquered by Babylon and again in AD70] Ezekiel 21:14
Say to the King and the Queen mother; take a humble seat, for your crowns have fallen. Ezekiel 21:25-27

The towns in the Negev are besieged, no one can relieve them. Judah has been swept clean away.
This is paralleled by Ezekiel 20:46-47, Isaiah 9:18-19, Jeremiah 10:18, Zephaniah 1:1-18

Look up and see! Those people who are coming from the North.
The Lord’s people, all true Christians, migrating to the Land. Isaiah 35:1-10, Isaiah 41:8-10, Ezekiel 34:11-16

Where is the flock that you were so proud of?
God’s people scattered among the nations.

What will you say when your leaders are missing? When you wonder why this has happened? It is because of your many sins. Isaiah 3:1-3
Can a Nubian change his skin? No more can you, [Judah] do good, so accustomed are you to doing evil. Isaiah 38-9

I will scatter you like chaff, before the desert wind. Jeremiah 33:14

This is your lot – I have decreed this for you, because you have forgotten Me and trusted in false gods. I will bare your shame for all to see. Isaiah 3:16-26

For your adulteries and shameful deeds – woe to you Jerusalem. How much longer will you be unclean? Nahum 1:12-15

This is a clear prophecy about the judgement of Judah in ancient times and again, soon to happen, proved by the unfulfilled prophesies here and throughout the Bible.
Then, the Lord’s faithful Christian people will enter the Land from the North. Isaiah 49:12 They will live there, in peace and security, to prepare for the Return of Jesus.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will keep His promises; to the true and faithful Israelites, NOT to those mixed race peoples who falsely claim to be Israel. Jesus said what they were: Revelation 2:9
Here is another of the many Prophesies that tell of the virtual demise of Jewish Israel:

You're using the same arguments, and they are no more effective than they were before. You're redefining "Israel," and excluding the real Israel by repeating God's statements of judgment against them. We all know God judged Israel! That never stopped Him from restoring them. Even in the present age, which is the greatest punishment Israel has ever seen, there remains the promise of national restoration.

I find it completely illegitimate to help God out by exchanging the real Israel for a completely different entity now called "Israel." That is Replacement Theology, and I utterly reject it. God doesn't play games with words.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
God doesn't play games with words.
But you do and all who think that Jewish State of Israel is anything more than just another democratic nation.

Try to look at this situation from God's perspective; He did choose a people who would be the Light to the nations and His Witnesses. That ethnic group failed in their mission, so were rejected and the Kingdom was taken from them. There is no Prophecy which says they will ever get the Kingdom back.
Please provide a scripture saying that God is going to redeem Judah and give the Kingdom back to them.

Yes; there are many that do say Israel will receive the Kingdom. They all refer to Spiritual Israel; the Overcomers for God, the faithful Christian peoples. Believing otherwise, is a total contradiction of the New Testament.
In no way is Spiritual Israel a *completely different entity*. Ancient Israel always allowed righteous Gentile people to join with them. Now, there are Spiritual Jewish Israelites, but they are in a minority of the people of God.

The New Covenant is NOT made with anyone who rejects Jesus.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you do and all who think that Jewish State of Israel is anything more than just another democratic nation.

Let me be crystal clear about this. Those who say "Israel" isn't "Israel" are the ones who are playing word games. Physical Israel has always been physical Israel, and not the International Church.

I do realize that for much of Church History, "Israel" has been redefined to apply to the International Church, which is something very different from what the word "Israel" actually originated as. You can argue all you want, but if I call a "Rose" a "Tulip," my arguing will not change a "Rose" being a "Rose."

Perhaps you think a Tulip will get the job done because there is a long and storied account of the Rose failing in its mission. But a Tulip fulfilling its mission is not a Rose fulfilling its mission. And besides, the Tulip ends up as bad as the Rose.

You define "Israel" as the "Nation within the Nation." This is making nonsense out of words. "Israel" referred to the "Nation," and not to the "Nation within the Nation." Even though we know the Church always succeeds in the end, God has promised that the Nations would also succeed and present a lasting example of Christian society.

Try to look at this situation from God's perspective; He did choose a people who would be the Light to the nations and His Witnesses. That ethnic group failed in their mission, so were rejected and the Kingdom was taken from them. There is no Prophecy which says they will ever get the Kingdom back.
Please provide a scripture saying that God is going to redeem Judah and give the Kingdom back to them.

The New Covenant is NOT made with anyone who rejects Jesus.

Jeremiah prophesied precisely that, that a New Covenant would come to be applied to a people who repent of their old ways, to Israel. At that time, they will convert to the New Covenant. The fact they had not been Christians will not prevent them from *becoming* Christians!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
At that time, they will convert to the New Covenant. The fact they had not been Christians will not prevent them from *becoming* Christians!
When the Lord sends His fiery wrath, it will be too late for the Jews. They will be destroyed as many Prophesies say they will be.

The people who came back in 515 BC and were in the holy Land under Roman rule during the time of Jesus, were Jews, of the House of Judah.
They lived in the province of Judah and did not have the right to be called Israelites. Note that the present day Jews are called Israelis, a subtle but telling difference.

You have not provided any scriptures to support any of your beliefs.
Here is another Bible Prophecy that describes the punishment of Judah:

Ezekiel 21:1-7 This is the Word of the Lord: Face toward Jerusalem and prophesy against the Land of Israel. Say to that Land: I am against you, I shall draw My sword and make away with both righteous and wicked among you. I intend to destroy both good and evil people, from the Negev, [Southern Israel] Northward, all will know that it is the Lord who has acted. All courage will fail on that Day, it is coming, it will surely take place.
This will be the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath. There has not been any previous event, as described, in Israel. Ezekiel 20:47-48, Isaiah 22:14, Jeremiah 21:14.

The righteous and wicked alike will be killed’. Jeremiah 10:18, Amos 2:4-5
It will surely happen: the next prophesied event, which will clear the entire Middle East, thus enabling His people, true Christian Israelites, to gather in and live in all of the holy Land. Psalms 83, Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 2:12-22, Joel 2:1-11.

Ezekiel 21:8-13 Prophesy: A sword is sharpened and polished, ready to kill. Should we respect the sceptre of Judah? No, the sword despises it. The sword of destruction is ready for the hand of the slaughterer. Cry aloud and lament, for testing will surely come upon My people and on all Israel’s leaders who are given over to be slain with My people. Mourn and wail, for what if the sceptre of Judah does not continue?
The people currently occupying all of the Holy Land will be killed or displaced. Lament, for My people [Judah] too, will be slain. Jeremiah 12:14, Ezekiel 16:35-41, Isaiah 6:11-13

Ezekiel 21:14-17 Prophesy: Strike your hands together, swing the sword three times. It is the instrument of slaughter, whirling around. Their courage will fail and many will stumble and fall. Lightning flashes left and right – blocking all escape routes, terrible will be the slaughter. Then, I too, will strike My hands together, My wrath will subside. I, the Lord have spoken.

Swing the sword three times” Refers to the judgement and dispersion of Judah. 1/ Babylon. 2/ Rome. 3/ to come. Zechariah 13:7-9, Jeremiah 19:11, Matthew 21:41, Luke 19:27. Is the third ‘swing of the sword’, the Holocaust? No, because that was just the worst of many pogroms and massacres of the Jews since 70-135 AD.

Ezekiel 21:18-24 This is a fulfilled prophecy of how God led Babylon to attack and destroy Jerusalem. The House of Judah were taken into captivity in 586 BCE, because of their sins. 2 Kings 23:27.

Ezekiel 21:25-27 And you, you impious and wicked ruler of Israel [King Zedekiah of Judah. 2 Kings 25:6] your fate has come upon you. Off with your crown, it will not be as it was, the lowly will be exalted and the exalted, brought low. I will overturn, overturn, overturn it, until He comes – who is the rightful ruler, I shall install Him.

King Zedekiah was blinded and his sons killed, then imprisoned in Babylon. That is the exalted are brought low. Then, the lowly raised – these are the kings daughters, taken to Ireland [Hibernia = Hebrews Land] by Jeremiah. Princess Tea Tephi married King Herremon of Ireland. Their royal line was ‘overturned‘- to Scotland, then ‘overturned’- to England, now the British [Brit = covenant: ish = people] royal line now holds the sceptre, next to hand it to King Jesus. 2 Samuel 7:16.

Ezekiel 21:28-32 Prophesy to the Ammonites.......you will be fuel for the fire, remembered no more. Modern Jordan, “still living in the place of their origin “. Deuteronomy 32:41-43, Jeremiah 12:14, Amos 1:13-15.
Ref: REB, NIV. Verses abridged

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Looking at the subject of who God's Chosen People are, we see that, according to the Bible, true Israel now comprises all those who believe in Jesus as Messiah. It is wrong to say that the church has replaced Israel. Rather, the church is the continuity of the Old Testament Israel of God; Christians have been grafted into the ‘olive tree’ and the Jewish nation is broken off. There is no more "Jew" and "Gentile" ethnic distinctions. Every person can now belong to the Israel of God, as a Christian.

The Jews of 1948, excepting for a small number of individuals, have not turned to the Lord. And, to base the formation of Israel upon their alleged "faithfulness" to Judaism shows a lack of understanding of what Judaism is. Some think the Jew of today has a special advantage, perhaps even salvation without Christ, because they believe in the God of the Old Testament, and follow the Old Testament religion. This overlooks the fact that the religion of the Old Testament was based on making sacrifices for sins. Leviticus 17:11 It also ignores the teaching of the New Testament: that there is absolutely no salvation outside Christ, John 14:6; Acts 4:10-12, and that the Old Covenant no longer applies. Hebrews 7-10

The Lord of the New Covenant is Jesus.

It is a common assumption, and one that people are stuck on, even in the face of evidence to the contrary, that the Jews of today constitute a race, a homogeneous entity easily recognizable. When the origin and early history of the Jews is properly researched, it becomes obvious that over the centuries as a people and then as a nation they have assimilated a variety of racial strains from people moving into their circles and enjoying their prosperity. This has taken place by interbreeding and by conversion to Judaism and now constitute a large proportion of todays Jews.

"Thus, the diversity of the racial and genetic attributes of various Jewish colonies of today renders any unified racial classification of them a contradiction in terms. Despite this, many people readily accept the notion that they are a distinct race. This is probably reinforced by the fact that some Jews are recognizably different in appearance from the surrounding population. That most can't be easily identified is overlooked and the stereotype for some is mistakenly extended to all”. Encyclopaedia Judaica Jerusalem, 1971, vol. 3, p. 50

Jews do not practice "Old Testament religion;" they are not almost Christians, lacking only acceptance of the Messiah and the New Testament. They do not worship the true God, not even the “God of the Old Testament” Jesus was quite adamant: If they had believed Moses, they would believe Him. John 5:46-47 They don't follow the Old Testament either. The religion of Judaism is a Talmudic faith, not Biblical. Those who support, as the majority of pre-trib rapture believers do, the secular nation of Israel at this time, simply because they are so-called Jews, do so as an immutable tenet of the rapture theory: Two People, Two Promises. This wrong and unbiblical premise, helps apostates and enemies of Christ, and actually encourages them in their unbelief.

Unsaved Jews could still be God's people, but they have clearly been cut off by God for their unbelief:

Romans 11:20…. because of unbelief they were broken off, and you Christians stand by faith. Do not become over confident, but keep firm in your faith,

The Bible teaches the Gentiles not to become arrogant:

Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you: goodness. You must continue in His goodness: otherwise you also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they cease their unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again. For if you [Christians] were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and was grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which were the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

The great lesson of this passage is certainly that just as the Jews of the Old Testament became proud (assuming that they alone knew God), so also could the same thing happen to Gentiles in the New Testament era. There is a danger of either looking down on the Jews, or looking up to the Jews. Both are sinful, for God is no respecter of persons. Romans 2:11

If it had not been for the grace of God, Gentiles would never have been grafted into the life of God (salvation) which was offered to ethnic Israel. The new life which enables Gentiles to produce fruit, grows from the same root that the old stock of Israel grows. Thus, Gentiles should have a humble attitude, not toward the Jews, but toward God who saves men by His love, mercy and grace through faith in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Neither Jews nor Gentiles can claim exclusiveness to God.

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord is over all and blesses all that call upon him.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Even though we know the Church always succeeds in the end, God has promised that the Nations would also succeed and present a lasting example of Christian society.
God has promised that only ONE nation will succeed, the Overcomers for God - meaning literally His faithful Israelite people.
That 'nation', [or people group] is referred to in Matthew 21:43. They consist of Christian people from every tribe, race nation and language. Revelation 7:9

Last edited: