1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured NDEs and ADCs: Their Apologetic Value for Christian Witness

Discussion in 'Unorthodox Doctrine Forum' started by Berserk, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Dave L

Dave L Guest

The problem with NDE style evangelism is that it coaxes the flesh to believe. But this type of belief cannot save.

2. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Near Death Experience

3. Berserk

Berserk Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I see everyone has frozen like Bambi in the headlights at my challenge to reconstruct a contradiction-free sequence of events after the discovery of the empty tomb. From this deafening silence it is obvious that NDEs and ADCs can play a useful role in lending credibility to resurrection claims that tax an honest skeptic's credulity. I reissue my challenge again to underline my point.

4. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No they cannot. They do not deal with resurrection.

Watch the videos I posted that link. It is an extensive discussion on these issues from people of firsthand experience.

5. Berserk

Berserk Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    (5) ATHEIST HOWARD SRORM'S THRILLING CONVERSION THROUGH AN NDE

Howard Storm had been an atheist Art History professor who took delight in ridiculing the naivite of Christians. But he was gloriously saved through his NDE. Howard had previously been a university art history professor who took delight in ridiculing Christian students. Howard's testimony is the most powerful one I have ever heard on Youtube. He has given it several times on the internet. Here is one of the shorter versions. It will thrill your soul:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...2E6D15E1B57D8F1E28962E6D15E1B57D8F1&FORM=VIRE

Howard wrote a book on his experience and the aftermath called "My Descent into Death," which offers a much more extensive account of his Q and A session with Jesus and the angels. After his conversion, he attends a non-Charismatic church and is immediately "slain in the Spirit!" His wife and the church members think he has had a heart attack, but in fact he has been overwhelmed by a vision of the angels joining the congregation in worship. For the presence of angels in church worship, see 1 Corinthians 11:10' cp. Revelation 1-3). Soon God calls Howard into full-time ministry.

6. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Show me SLAIN in the spirit in the Bible

The video show with it coming from the occult.

7. Berserk

Berserk Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    CoreIssue: "Show me SLAIN in the spirit in the Bible

You just need to get into the Word more: e. g.

"When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead (Revelation 1:17)."
    "If all prophesy, an unbeliever or outsider who enters is reproved by all and called to account by all. The secrets of his heart are disclosed and falling on his face, he will worship God (1 Corinthians 14:24-25)."
    Such biblical examples could be multiplied.

CoreIssue: "The video show with it coming from the occult."

Meaningless gibberish! You bias prompts you to mindlessly label without substantiating your bogus claim.

8. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Revelation has nothing to do was slain in the spirit.

1 Corinthians 14:24-25 New International Version (NIV)
    24 But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all, 25 as the secrets of their hearts are laid bare. So they will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, “God is really among you!”

New International Version (NIV)

Voluntarily going to their knees, not slain in the spirit.

I have 58 years.

You do not even know the difference between meaning of words and Word.

9. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Pentecostalism

Slain in the spirit didn't exist until the 1900s.

It is of OCCULT origin.

Watch the videos.

10. Berserk

Berserk Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Core Issue: "Slain in the spirit didn't exist until the 1900s. It is of OCCULT origin."

More uneducated pontifications from ignorance! In fact, seekers were "slain in the Spirit in both the First and Second Great Awakenings in the 18th and 19th century respectively. Indeed, the father of Methodism, John Wesley reports the phenomenon is the Great English Methodist revival of the 1700s. T educate yourself about this, see:

"Slain in the Spirit" Considered From Scripture and History | Apologetics Index

CoreIssue: "Revelation (1:17) has nothing to do was slain in the spirit."

Wrong! The context of my remarks is Howard Storm's NDE and the lingering anointing of the Holy Spirit. In Revelation 1:17 John is overcome with awe at the sight of the risen Lord. Similarly, Howard Storm is overcome with awe at the sight of angels floating in the sanctuary of the first (non-Pentecostal!) church he attends after his marvelous NDE conversion experience. A perfect parallel--and totally consistent with what Pentecostals mean by being "slain in the Spirit." Unlike you, I speak from direct experience as someone who has been exposed to Pentecostal manifestations all my life.

CoreIssue: "You do not even know the difference between meaning of words and Word."

LOL! I have been a New Testament professor for several years and know Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic. By contrast, you obviously lack advanced academic education in New Testament studies. Your next comment demonstrates this ignorance.

CoreIssue: "1 Corinthians 14:24-25: Voluntarily going to their knees, not slain in the spirit."

You can't even get the quote right because you don't know Greek and are therefore forced to use a poor translation. The outsiders aren't "going to their knees;" it's a more forceful act than that. Under heavy conviction after having their secret sins exposed, they are "falling on their face!"

And don't make the mistake of restricting the phenomenon of being slain in the Spirit with a reaction to the laying on of hands. Unfortunately, biased people like you feel the need to stereotype spiritual experiences by their worst exemplars. Now demonstrate a modicum of integrity by actually watching the testimony you disparage!

11. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I repeat, what you are pushing comes from the occult was not found in Christianity until the 1900s.

12. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

13. Berserk

Berserk Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You have now been decisively refuted by sound biblical exegesis and historical documentation and are no longer worth a response. Indeed, you don't even understand what the "occult" is, and so, are reduced to throwing around negative labels that you don't understand.

14. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So you didn't watch any of the videos.

You absolutely did not refute me.

15. Berserk

Berserk Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    (6) BR is a missionary to an African Muslim nation. He shared this testimonh in my parents' church. 2 young missionaries were doing hospital visitation and praying for the gravely ill. Ahmed was dying of AIDs; so they prayed for his healing. But Ahmed was a radical Muslim mullah who hated Christians. He would later say that he wanted to kill this couple for their presumption in praying for a Muslim, but was too weak to move. That night he had an NDE or vision of a man in a white robe approaching his bed and laying hands on him. The man vanished without leaving the room and this frightened Ahmed. So he managed to push a button summoning a nurse and asked her to check to see if a man was hiding under his bed! Soon he felt greatly improved, but not cured, improved enough to leave the hospital. He now recognized that the visionary man was Jesus; so he sought out the young missionaries who had prayed for him. They laid hands on Ahmed and he was completely cured of AIDs and gloriously converted!

As a Muslim mullah, Ahmed was greatly respected in the Muslim community. He began to share his testimony in his neighborhood public squares and the persecution was swift in reprisal. Muslims pelted him with stones. But though bloodied, he returned day after day to resume his witness. After he shared Ahmed's testimony, BR said that Ahmed wanted him to join him in his witness, but BR declined, saying he lacked the courage to risk his life in this way. BR was home on furlough and confessed that he was unsure whether Ahmed's reckless testimony had already gotten him killed.I

I know that this site attracts few truth seekers. But I feel compelled to repost atheist Howard Storm's NDE testimony because I'm convinced that it will change the way you view NDEs and ADCs:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...2E6D15E1B57D8F1E28962E6D15E1B57D8F1&FORM=VIRE

I repeat: the evidence for postmortem survival from NDEs is superior to that for Jesus' resurrection and, for that very reason, confirms the resurrection. If you care about winning the lost, then NDEs and ADCs can be a priceless weapon in your witnessing arsenal. I know this by direct experience.