Need help again...again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since recently after you all answered my last OCD post, I've been getting a new urge:

"If you don't do this/fail to do this, you agree to have God bind you to the oath regardless of your mental illness"

It scares me alot and I sadly have gave into making oaths like that with my mouth, and have been desperately combing over the moments I thunk I failed or know I failed to see if I had any mental resistance to or didn't take it fully seriously...please help, I don't want to br bound because I foolishly agreed to some urge, it's like that condition lured me much more to willfully agree whenever this comes up.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since recently after you all answered my last OCD post, I've been getting a new urge:

"If you don't do this/fail to do this, you agree to have God bind you to the oath regardless of your mental illness"

It scares me alot and I sadly have gave into making oaths like that with my mouth, and have been desperately combing over the moments I thunk I failed or know I failed to see if I had any mental resistance to or didn't take it fully seriously...please help, I don't want to br bound because I foolishly agreed to some urge, it's like that condition lured me much more to willfully agree whenever this comes up.
Are you listening too much to the "voices" in your head?

Read the Bible. By doing that, you'll get to know a lot more about God. Then, when thoughts pop into your mind, you can better determine whether or not those thoughts originated from God.

Until you do that, maybe you should ignore the thoughts that pop into your mind.

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure I know where I want to go with this question, but....

Do you have a mental list of oaths and promises you made that are important to you and you really do intend to keep?

You may have OCD (have you been officially diagnosed by a mental health care professional?) and I'm not qualified to help you with that, but this will at least identify which promises you made with your heart and not just your mouth.