Need Old Testament scholars on this one!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Psa 31:23 O love the LORD, all ye his saints: [for] the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. Here we saints must be faithfulPsa 37:28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. Here we see they are preservedPsa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice. Here we see they must sacraficePsa 79:2 The dead bodies of thy servants have they given [to be] meat unto the fowls of the heaven, the flesh of thy saints unto the beasts of the earth. Here we see they must diePsa 85:8 I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly. Here we see there are Saints and there are his peolePsa 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD [is] the death of his saints. Here we see saints diePsa 132:9 Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy. here we see the priests and the saintsPro 2:8 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints. here we see saints keepth his judgement Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; here we see Satan makes war with the saints (satan is the little horn)Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,And here we see he has his saints returning with him the same ones under the alter the same ones he gave the robes toRev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Here we see saints are paitient and keep the commandmentsRev 16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. here we see prophets and saintsRev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints,the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. Here we see saints dying and there blood is the blood of martyrs Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earthhere we see prrophets,saints, and dead people Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. Here we see the saints waring for God against Antichrist and his Army

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures Please!
With all due respect you might try the same.
Nobody in the Ark was killed, Lots wife turn to salt (do not get that one) the others escaped, No one behind the post with the blood on it was killed.
I wanted to reach back to this comment and make a point. I would even add the furnace in front of Nebuchadnezzar when he saw four figures and not just the three that were in there. We could even through Elijah and the chariots in there amongst many other lessons from the Bible. In each and every case, those that YHVH protects are there in the midst of it. They may have an ark or they may have nothing physical but Our Father is there. The rapture doctrine, man's doctrine, says that we have to be removedIt stretches verses - like the very first one that started this thread - where is it stated that God has to remove his people to save them? (Particularly so when any example one can come up with shows us a God that equips his people for whatever they may come up against.) If you believe in the rapture - hey that's your choice - but I want people to understand and walk away knowing the Scriptures about it. When the time comes, I firmly believe a lot of people that currently believe in the rapture and those that have even been duped into it will know Scripture and will recognize the series of events written down for them.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Well I have posted this question on several forums and I have got the same response.I guess I need to keep studing....The only conclusion I can come up with is .....................................................Seems like these scriptures speak of a resurrection vs. 19, which one? vs. 20 speaks of a hiding behind the doors (chambers). This is some kind of protection from the wrath, but what it does not make clear is where it is...Behind the chambers (doors) of heaven or here on earth through the tribulation. vs. 21 speaks of Gods punishment for their iniquity. If verse 20 is speaking of the rapture, then the hiding will be in heaven. If verse 20 is speaking of going trough the tribulation then who are the ones resurrected in vs. 19?sorry if I offended any one with my questions or confused you, If I do not ask question until I get it resolved I do not understand. One other scripture I came across that was interesting was Deut. 29:29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I have also showed you this was common terminoly in the old testament it means nothing about heaven or a door in heaven those are your words scriptures says no such thing it say go in your house,room, chamber and hide yourself anything else is your speculation a putting words that are not written there 1Sa 19:2 But Jonathan Saul's son delighted much in David: and Jonathan told David, saying, Saul my father seeketh to kill thee: now therefore, I pray thee, take heed to thyself until the morning, and abide in a secret [place], and hide thyself:1Sa No heaven 20:19 And [when] thou hast stayed three days, [then] thou shalt go down quickly, and come to the place where thou didst hide thyself when the business was [in hand], and shalt remain by the stone Ezel.No heaven hereCome, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. And no heaven here there is nothing hidden here no heaven its very straight forward it just doesnt say say what you want.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Post #37 ill repost it for you it says what it saysIsaiah 26:19 "Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead."Though God's children will die in the flesh, they will live spiritually. This is because upon death the soul departs this flesh body and returns to the Father that gave it. The flesh body will go back to the elements that it is made of, and it will be laid in the grave. "Together with my dead body shall they arise", in other words, when Christ's body came out of that tomb, and ascended into heaven, from that day forth all souls will arise to the Father also. We are talking about the souls and spirits of God's people that have passed away in the flesh.Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall retun unto God Who gave it.""Awake and sing, ye that dwell in the dust", is written to those living in their flesh bodies. That is what our flesh body is made of, the dust of the earth that became part of the organic matter that makes up the food that we eat. We are to give thanks for the food and blessings that we receive for all blessings are from God.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If verse 20 is speaking of going trough the tribulation then who are the ones resurrected in vs. 19?
I Thesslonians 4:13-15
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Denver;44907)
I Thesslonians 4:13-15
So in order to embrace the teaching taught on this forum. (rapture lie), in regards to Is. 26:19-21, It would go like this.....vs. 19 is the resurrection of the deadvs. 20 the believers are protected on earth during the tribulation.vs. 21 the wrath of the Lord takes place....and there is no mention when we will be gathered up to be with the Lord(7th trump) in this passage..they left it out. Would this be your interpretaion?

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;44882)
I have also showed you this was common terminoly in the old testament it means nothing about heaven or a door in heaven those are your words scriptures says no such thing it say go in your house,room, chamber and hide yourself anything else is your speculation a putting words that are not written there 1Sa 19:2 But Jonathan Saul's son delighted much in David: and Jonathan told David, saying, Saul my father seeketh to kill thee: now therefore, I pray thee, take heed to thyself until the morning, and abide in a secret [place], and hide thyself:1Sa No heaven 20:19 And [when] thou hast stayed three days, [then] thou shalt go down quickly, and come to the place where thou didst hide thyself when the business was [in hand], and shalt remain by the stone Ezel.No heaven hereCome, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. And no heaven here there is nothing hidden here no heaven its very straight forward it just doesnt say say what you want.
Are you saying there is no doors in heaven?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
IM SAYING YOU ARE PURPOSLY TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORD OF GOD TO FIT YOUR YOUR OWN IDEAS I'm saying these verses do not say what you are trying to mislead yourself and others to believe you are not misunderstanding something here you are not looking for truth YOU ARE DELIBERTALEY ATEMPTING TO ADD TO THE WORD OF GOD Im saying you will not hear Gods word, to you You want your own words to be GODS WORDS.Im telling you that God word says that when Christ died the spirt of all those who died before went up to God with him that is scripture. FOR YOU TO TAKE THIS HOLIENESS OF OUR FATHER AND TRY TO ADD TO IT ON PURPOSE TO FIT YOUR IDEAS IS A GREAT SINIM TELLING YOU TO BE ABSENT FORM THE BODY IS TO PRESENT WITH THE LORDTHIS IS THE PROMISE IM TELLING YOU GOD SAYS HIS BLOOD WILL ALLOW ALL EVIL TO PASS OVER THE HOUSE OF THOSE WHO BELIEVE IM TELLING YOU GOD PROMISES NO HIDDEN HIDING PLACE BEHIND A CLOSED DOOR IN HEAVENFLESH AND BLOOD CAN NOT ENTER HEAVEN AND CHIST COMES ONCE FOR ALLL EYES WILL SEE THE COMING OF THE KINGS OF KINGS IN ALL HIS GLORYIM TELLING YOU I WILL NOT SIT BY AND ALLOW YOU TO INTENTIONALLY PUT YOUR WORDS INTO GODS WORD AND CLAIM ITS A TRUTH IM TELLING YOU GOD TELLS US OF ONE GATHERING TO HIM AT THE SEVENTH TRUMPWHEN WE WILL ALL BE CHANGED INTO SPIRT BODIES IM TELLING YOU IF YOU WANT TO BELIEVE LIES OF MEN YOUR CHOICE BUT YOU WILL NOT PURPOSELY TWIST GODS WORDS HERE WITHOUT PROTEST IM TELLING YOU THIS IS WHAT GOD SAYS "When I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you." Passover is the time when God will destroy His enemies, but He will pass over those that love and trust Him. The blood on the post signifies the true blood that was shed on the cross at Calvary. Christ was the lamb slain for one and all times.That Lamb that was slain on the cross at Calvary, was slain so that anything wicked must pass over you and your house, even in our day. Jesus promised you and I that when we see and believe in the blood of Jesus Christ, and have faith and follow Him and His Word, the judgments that come on those that are not of God will pass right over you. Keep it straight in your mind, "Passover" is of God, for Christ became our PassoverIM TELLING YOU GOD IS OUR PASSOVER HE IS THE ONLY ONE WE NEED IM TELLING IF YOU NEED MENS LIES TO BELIEVE IN CHRIST'S PROMISE YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM and Im telling you Im closing this thread because all your questions have been asked and answered and we are not going to defile GODS WORDS on his PASSOVER TEACHINGS with your words and ideas YOU WANT DEEPER UNDERSTANDING STUDY PASSOVERIm not trying to be rude but I will not apologize for being bold in speaking Gods WordI will help anyone searching but I wont help someone pervert his word

Status
Not open for further replies.