Need Old Testament scholars on this one!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
This is all any trur beliver needs to know Exodus 12:13 "And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt."Here we have the full meaning of the Passover in this verse. "When I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you." Passover is the time when God will destroy His enemies, but He will pass over those that love and trust Him. The blood on the post signifies the true blood that was shed on the cross at Calvary. Christ was the lamb slain for one and all times.That Lamb that was slain on the cross at Calvary, was slain so that anything wicked must pass over you and your house, even in our day. Jesus promised you and I that when we see and believe in the blood of Jesus Christ, and have faith and follow Him and His Word, the judgments that come on those that are not of God will pass right over you. Keep it straight in your mind, "Passover" is of God, for Christ became our Passover When our Lord Jesus Christ returns at the seventh trump, when you are sealed in your forehead with the truth, and you do not bow a knee to Satan. God's judgment that Jesus Christ will bring upon the world at the sounding of the seventh and last trump will not be upon you to destroy you. If you were right in the middle of ten thousand Kenites, and God was going to strike them, you still have nothing to worry about. We are to revere God, not fear God, for there is nothing to fear from our heavenly Father.Exodus 12:14 "And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the Lord throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever."God is telling you and I and all generations from the time of Moses to this last generation not to forget this time of the Passover. There is nothing tricky to what God said here, we are to keep the Passover and respect it forever. No we don't pick out the lamb on the tenth day, and slaughter it on the fourteenth day, because that would be sacrilegious, and a blasphemy. When Jesus Christ shed his blood for one and all times, He is now our Passover Lamb that we look to continually.How your rapture doctrine trivializes this Passover God has promised us

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;44712)
If the passover is a picture of the end times and you say that all that have the blood of Jesus to cover them of there sins will not be harmed, then who are the ones under the altar? Rev. 6:9-11.
All those that died for the Name of christ if you read they are the saints that accompany Christ at his return they cry out from under the alter they are already with himI saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: can you see they are the ones that were slain that died in the past for his name sake that is the requirement to be a saint you must be willing to stand up and die for your lord not run/fly awayRev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. These are the new saints yet alive willing to stand against Satan stand for the Name of our Savior and Lord Die as the saints did this is true faith not run/fly away

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
So the ones under the altar are people that died before the tribulation? I thought to die we would be present with the Lord, why are they not present with the Lord?Are you saying no one will die during the tribulation that is under the blood?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What are you talking about they are talking with the Lord from under his alter they are with him10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.And he the Lord gave them white robes because they are with him

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
But you said no one(under the blood) would get hurt during the tribulation because they would be protected by the blood. Like the types in the Old Testament. Vs 11 says that they should rest yet a littlle season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren,that should be killed as they, should be fulfilled.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Exodus 12:13 "And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt."Here we have the full meaning of the Passover in this verse. "When I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you." Passover is the time when God will destroy His enemies, but He will pass over those that love and trust Him. The blood on the post signifies the true blood that was shed on the cross at Calvary. Christ was the lamb slain for one and all times.That Lamb that was slain on the cross at Calvary, was slain so that anything wicked must pass over you and your house, even in our day. Jesus promised you and I that when we see and believe in the blood of Jesus Christ, and have faith and follow Him and His Word, the judgments that come on those that are not of God will pass right over you. Keep it straight in your mind, "Passover" is of God, for Christ became our Passover When our Lord Jesus Christ returns at the seventh trump, when you are sealed in your forehead with the truth, and you do not bow a knee to Satan. God's judgment that Jesus Christ will bring upon the world at the sounding of the seventh and last trump will not be upon you to destroy you. If you were right in the middle of ten thousand Kenites/tares, and God was going to strike them, you still have nothing to worry about. We are to revere God, not fear God, for there is nothing to fear from our heavenly Father.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;44591)
He has told us and showed us time and time again that he protects his people in Egypt, in the desert, during the flood, in the lions den, in prison, yet people still want to listen to men that he cant protect you without them making up there own doctrines This hiding in hebrew is to go into ones inner most room,abode or self and the says YOU (thyself) are to hide there it says nothing about God flying anyone away Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpastI am done here I wont help pervert the Word and take Gods verse's met to give the faithful trust in their fatherinto teaching of a trust in men's lies This is equivalent to disgracing Passover One of Gods holiest Days and everything he has showed us he has done
What are you saying here with the emphasis on Hide thyself?

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I see contradictions here, but I am getting tired. We that believe and under the blood ..His judgement will pass over us.......Yet in scripture it says their fellow servants ..brethren should be killed..It can not be both, we are either protected if we are here......Or not protected from and killed.WAIT A MINUTE....Could there be a difference in being protected from the wrath of God and the attack of Satan??????

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
1Sa 19:2 But Jonathan Saul's son delighted much in David: and Jonathan told David, saying, Saul my father seeketh to kill thee: now therefore, I pray thee, take heed to thyself until the morning, and abide in a secret [place], and hide thyself:1Sa 20:19 And [when] thou hast stayed three days, [then] thou shalt go down quickly, and come to the place where thou didst hide thyself when the business was [in hand], and shalt remain by the stone Ezel.Im saying exactly what God says

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;44720)
I see contradictions here, but I am getting tired. We that believe and under the blood ..His judgement will pass over us.......Yet in scripture it says their fellow servants ..brethren should be killed..It can not be both, we are either protected if we are here......Or not protected from and killed.WAIT A MINUTE....Could there be a difference in being protected from the wrath of God and the attack of Satan??????
the only contradiction is in your mind because it doesnt say what you want if you understand God there is no contradiction I am though discussing this I have showed Gods word any contradiction is between you and God to figure out.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
"When I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you." Passover is the time when God will destroy His enemies, but He will pass over those that love and trust Him. The blood on the post signifies the true blood that was shed on the cross at Calvary. Christ was the lamb slain for one and all times.That Lamb that was slain on the cross at Calvary, was slain so that anything wicked must pass over you and your house, even in our day. Jesus promised you and I that when we see and believe in the blood of Jesus Christ, and have faith and follow Him and His Word, the judgments that come on those that are not of God will pass right over you. Keep it straight in your mind, "Passover" is of God, for Christ became our Passover

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;44723)
"When I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you." Passover is the time when God will destroy His enemies, but He will pass over those that love and trust Him. The blood on the post signifies the true blood that was shed on the cross at Calvary. Christ was the lamb slain for one and all times.That Lamb that was slain on the cross at Calvary, was slain so that anything wicked must pass over you and your house, even in our day. Jesus promised you and I that when we see and believe in the blood of Jesus Christ, and have faith and follow Him and His Word, the judgments that come on those that are not of God will pass right over you. Keep it straight in your mind, "Passover" is of God, for Christ became our Passover
Can't He pass over us while He has us protected in Heaven behind the doors of Heaven?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;44724)
Can't He pass over us while He has us protected in Heaven behind the doors of Heaven?
So another words Gods Word isnt good enough for you?Mat 8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;44725)
So another words Gods Word isnt good enough for you?Mat 8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
Where have I showed fear? My faith has always been on Jesus Christ! I believe in God's miracles. Can God protect us from the wrath to come behind the doors of Heaven??

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I never said God couldnt protect us anywhere he just never says he will fly us away behind any closed door of heaven Thats the promise of men not God but if thats your choice so be it as for me I'll trust his wordsWhen I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you." Passover is the time when God will destroy His enemies, but He will pass over those that love and trust Him.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
He will snatch us up...We will be caught up..But when...Isa. Speaks of the earth cast out the dead...Protection during Gods wrath..The Lord comes out of his place to punish....We are either going to go through the tribulation and be protected ( but not all, because some are slain)......Or we will be caught up before the tribulation and be protected behind the doors of Heaven...My study on Isaiah.....I still have one unanswered question..There is a resurrection before the hiding acordding to vs. 19... Still need to do some studing..If any one has anything on Rosh Hashanah, please share.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
it says what it saysIsaiah 26:19 "Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead."Though God's children will die in the flesh, they will live spiritually. This is because upon death the soul departs this flesh body and returns to the Father that gave it. The flesh body will go back to the elements that it is made of, and it will be laid in the grave. "Together with my dead body shall they arise", in other words, when Christ's body came out of that tomb, and ascended into heaven, from that day forth all souls will arise to the Father also. We are talking about the souls and spirits of God's people that have passed away in the flesh.Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall retun unto God Who gave it.""Awake and sing, ye that dwell in the dust", is written to those living in their flesh bodies. That is what our flesh body is made of, the dust of the earth that became part of the organic matter that makes up the food that we eat. We are to give thanks for the food and blessings that we receive for all blessings are from God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I Thessalonians 4:13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep(dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope."this concern is over "them which are asleep".(dead) The concern is over the loved ones that have died and left them, and their decaying bodies are out there in their grave. Paul is saying for us not to be sorry about those Christians who are dead and gone, for that is the concern of the heathen. The heathen's fear comes from their ignorance of God's word, and His promises. The heathen have no hope, for they believe it's over at the burial.I Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep(died) in Jesus will God bring with him."If we believe, as a Christian, that Christ set the example for us; so that we will follow as He did, in dying, and rising again, then "to sleep" is to be dead from the flesh body. The Greek is a simple language, for it's structure allows one to be more precise. The subject in the frame of this verse is; "that ye not be ignorant as to where the dead are." If you're a Christian, you know and believe that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and on the third day arose and came out of the tomb. If you do not believe this, Paul classifies you as ignorant, and heathen [non-believer]. "even so them also which sleep(died) in Jesus will God bring with him"When Jesus ascended into heaven, all the souls went with him into heaven also, that had passed on, up to that point in time. Those that sleep [are dead] are not out there in a hole in the ground, but all Christians must believe that they arose to be with the Father, just like Christ did also. The dead are with God; all of them. "To be absent from the body [flesh body] is to be present with the Lord."

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I will show you this one more time this is Gods Word on when I know it doesnt fit mens words but if Gods Word isnt enough the problem is yours not his words ...........1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. The only one doomed to destruction is Satan/ Antichrist this is the tribulation nO GATHERING UNTIL AFTER thats Gods word 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God. 1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. this is the only possable catching up in scriptures as the word air alludes to spirit and flesh and blood can not enter heavenWhat is the last trump:Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets. We are never told of any closed door in heaven those are your Words not Gods ?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
So there you have all your questions answered not by me but the Words of God himself but if you choose not believe them then your choiceMar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.