Need some help on this verse...binding things on earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not buying, sorry

there are no Jew/Gentile in the kingdom, Scott

not buying this either, sorry. Change your mind is not staying the course
um, i guess you meant their lack of faith in that; their false belief

ha now alla sudden where i would put faith you are saying belief lol
hmm. if you are saying here that grace was as available to Job as to Paul, i agree.
There was no change, except the one required to "draw all men unto Him."
or "have faith" anyway...arg already

ergo, if they decide that they do "believe" the next day, they're back in, huh.

Beliefs truly are a pimple on the forehead of understanding imo
  1. The Jews are "the dead in Christ." Then, there are those "who are alive and remain" (the living in Christ). Different.
  2. Right, no Jew/Gentile in the kingdom. But in the world and in the salvation plan, yes, Jew and gentile.
  3. Overcoming is not done by us. It was Christ who over came. Therefore, overcoming by us, is all in our faith or belief in Christ, and making a commitment and sticking to it.
  4. We are either born before the cross or after. If before, they had two possibilities 1) Jews chosen by God and given the faith to endure, or 2) belief in the coming of Messiah as proclaimed to the outlying nations (the gentiles). If born after, then the chosen Jews are now all dead because Christ was the Last, and all that remains is belief in the witness that He has come. Thus, we are either saved by faith or by belief.
  5. Indeed, there is grace for either the prodigal son scenario or the eleventh hour scenario.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'd like to review the definition of overcome, the Scriptural def, and if you see one that imparts your sense of the word please point it out
Bible Search: overcome
Bible Search: overcoming

fwiw i would like to pay particular attn to the first ref in each, as imo these are not occurring first by accident
1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them ...

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one
who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. ...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It has been on my mind but for those that believe: has not Satan already been bound from having any power or dominion over their "life" in Christ?

Matthew 12:28-29 KJV
[28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. [29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Luke 11:22-23 KJV
[22] But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils. [23] He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

ok so congrats, maybe you found one, bet i could go read that passage and interpret different though; but maybe not. There is always ambiguity put in on purpose i guess. Now i wonder if there are two, lol (for a Witness), but tbh imo the point is made at the first ref for each, with multiple Witnesses. Os overcoming 90% mental or whatever? sure, ok.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
  • But in the world and in the salvation plan, yes, Jew and gentile.
  • Overcoming is not done by us. It was Christ who over came. Therefore, overcoming by us, is all in our faith or belief in Christ, and making a commitment and sticking to it.
believe this if you like, fine with me.
We are either born before the cross or after. If before, they had two possibilities 1) Jews chosen by God and given the faith to endure, or 2) belief in the coming of Messiah as proclaimed to the outlying nations (the gentiles). If born after, then the chosen Jews are now all dead because Christ was the Last, and all that remains is belief in the witness that He has come. Thus, we are either saved by faith or by belief.
this one too. On another thread you are arguing that there is no such thing as time though

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
see, one must first assume that they are "in Christ" or "from God" in order to believe this, yet we all know that IRL that is an assumption rife for abuse.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know, right?
And thank you, bb.

And tabletalk....thank you for the welcome! xo
Binding and loosing is a rabbinical term. It can still be found on Jewish sites. It basically means "to permit and to remit". Sometimes the 613 laws they had to follow would conflict so they would turn to the senior rabbis (the Seat of Moses) to sort it out. But their authority was for the law, Jesus said WHATEVER you bind on earth...earth is first, heaven is second. Whatever Peter binds on earth requires infallibly because heaven cannot bind an error.

Matt. 16:19 – whatever Peter binds or looses on earth is bound or loosed in heaven / when the Prime Minister to the King opens, no one shuts. This “binding and loosing” authority allows the keeper of the keys to establish “halakah,” or rules of conduct for the members of the kingdom he serves.

Matt. 23:2-4 – the “binding and loosing” terminology used by Jesus was understood by the Jewish people. For example, Jesus said that the Pharisees “bind” heavy burdens but won’t move (“loose”) them with their fingers. Peter and the apostles have the new binding and loosing authority over the Church of the New Covenant.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this one too. On another thread you are arguing that there is no such thing as time though
We are disagreeing on some points...which is okay - still love ya man. But, to be clear, I am not speaking my opinion.

Anyway, to explain the timeline vs. time thing: While it is true that in the greater truth of God there is no such thing as time. It is only in the breakdown and explanation of all things, that there is time. But it is a mere story line...once upon a time, as it were. What "is written"...is simply the reading of the will - our will, and God's, the chronicles, volumes one and two.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We are disagreeing on some points...which is okay - still love ya man. But, to be clear, I am not speaking my opinion.
i understand the argument, and i even agree that on a level there is a sense in which i am not required to do any particular good work, and maybe even that coming up side someone's head isn't entirely out of the question lol. And i doubt you believe that one could pretend to get saved and then justify being a psychopath, either lol.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is one reflection of a more dimensional truth, maybe? that i would agree to. We are also plainly informed that we will be judged by our works, right
The judgement of works is not a test, but a case of evidence for or against us after the fact, after our hour of decision, which we present during our day in the courts.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm sure Job thought so

The questions was: has not Satan already been bound from having any power or dominion over their "life" in Christ?

Countless individuals claim :1 Peter 2:24 [24] Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.--as a promise that Jesus Christ did indeed overcome Satan's power and dominion over a believers life. Do you know how often this verse is spoken over illness as a proclamation that you are already healed. Are you saying that all those countless believers that speak faith over an illness are wrong and Satan still holds power over the flesh?

Isaiah 53:5 KJV
[5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

The only way for a strongman to be bound is by one stronger than he coming in to bind that strongman.
Jesus Christ entered into Satan's house and Jesus Christ bound the strongman and spoiled the strongman's goods (not material goods, but rather "the lost"). This is a fact. Jesus did it (by the Spirit of God)..."Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."

Matthew 12:28-29 KJV
[28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. [29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Is the same as Jesus Christ telling them: I just entered Satan's house ....because I am stronger and I have bound Satan and I have spoiled his goods (taking back those that are lost).

Luke 11:22-23 KJV
[22] But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils. [23] He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

A kingdom that is GREATER overcomes the kingdom of this world.

Colossians 2:15 KJV
[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

He does it. The Spirit of God.

Romans 8:37-39 KJV
[37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. [38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Concerning Job.

Hebrews 5:14 KJV
[14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Was what happened to Job....for good or for evil?

Job 42:5-6 KJV
[5] I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. [6] Wherefore I abhor myself , and repent in dust and ashes.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The judgement of works is not a test, but a case of evidence for or against us after the fact, after our hour of decision, which we present during our day in the courts.
which is also likely in real time too, but regardless, that does not change the point imo
a case of evidence for or against us
...will be determined from our works