Neither Catholic or Protestant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just out of interest, what is the process for an adult to officially become a Catholic?

Shhhhhhh, don't tell Addy.... *Maybe I have hidden intentions of becoming one in the future.*

Who are you asking, me?
I don't know. My parents are European so I was just born into it like the rest of us...

What's church like in other denoms?
Iv never been to any other church

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who are you asking, me?
I don't know. My parents are European so I was just born into it like the rest of us...

Anyone who knows.

What's church like in other denoms?
Iv never been to any other church

Some are traditional and similar, some are more "casual" and don't have has much liturgical structure and a few don't have any ritual.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your argument turns to custard in light of history. It wasn't the church that decided on the Nicean Creed. It was a pagan emperor.
You REALLY need to study your history because you've been poisoned by the pen of your false prophetess and founder - Ellen G. White.
Constantine had absolutely NOTHING to do with the composition OR the ratification of the Nicene Creed.

The recommendation for a general or ecumenical council. . .had probably already been made to Constantine by Ossius [aka Hosius], and most probably to Pope Silvester as well. . .Ossius presided over its deliberations; he probably, and two priests of Rome certainly, came as representative of the Pope.
(Dr. Warren Carroll, The Building of Christendom, Christendom College Press, 1987,11)

That is as far as Constantine was involved - probably at the urging of his staunch Catholic mother, St. Helena.
Do your homework . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will not argue with a practicing CATHOLIC who defends the church. It is a waste of time to do so.
And this is the epitome of cowardice.

Posting hit-and-run lies, then refusing to explain them is not only cowardly - it is a direct violation of the Commandment against bearing false witness (Exod. 20:16).

As for having left the Catholic Church - you only left because of ONE reason: Ignorance.
And like every other ignorant anti-Catholic - you simply don't know anything about the Catholic faith.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And this is the epitome of cowardice.
What I did was make a personal statement of belief... I am under NO obligation to explain myself to ANYONE.
These are public forums... and we are all free to speak to whom we desire...

I have already confronted you on WHY I will not discuss ANYTHING with you. This is called WISDOM... not COWARDICE.
There are many here who seem to enjoy BASHING each other over beliefs... I am not one of those...
I owe YOU nothing. Just saying.... You are now on IGNORE... and I will not beable to SEE or READ any of your posts.

There are numerous members who do not have like minded opinions and I get along just fine with them.

To avoid confusion... I am copying the previous communications I have had with you in recent days.

@BreadOfLife ... I joined these forums a year ago... that is when I first met you. I have worked very hard to stay away from direct communication with you because I find your arrogance and utter disdain for many you communicate with... to be offensive and unappealing... however I am not the judge of you... God is.

With the above said... I hope you understand that this is why I did not tag you when I made my last comment on this thread.

You are responsible for what you believe and how you speak... I am responsible for what I believe and how I speak.

I am also wise enough to know when conversation is fruitless. Therefore... I am respectfully choosing not to respond to your
comment.

I am fully aware that my thoughts and opinions of the Roman Catholic Church are not positive. I have learned to keep my thoughts to myself
for the most part. This topic caught my eye because of a comment that Curtis made about the definition of protestant.

And here we are.... These words have come from my heart BOL... and are not meant as an attack... but rather an honest reflection.

God Bless you. Addy

and

You do NOT intimidate me in the least Sir.... I am aware of your methods... your beliefs... and your agenda.

Your threat is duly noted...It is part of your nature and countenance...to act in a constant aggressive and attacking manner...

I assure you that I have not copped-out... but rather purposely chosen to wisely exercise self-control...

AS I first stated... my reason for choosing NOT to engage with you is personal... and is found in the first paragraph of Post#55 which I will paste for your reference below.

In my opinion... you are NOT WORTHY of my attention or engagement. This will be the LAST time I speak to you.

I believe I have clearly stated and shown my reasons for NOT communicating with you ... and the last time I checked... that was called CHOICE.. not COWARDICE.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Backlit ... I did a bit of research on Knights of Columbus... In my opinion.. they are no different than....but just as... if not more harmful than the masons. Same coat... just a different shade of evil. Here in Canada... we have masons... and shriners... and knights of columbus... I'm sure there are more of these secret societies... SECRET ... DARKNESS... HIDDEN... = never a good thing ... but that is just my little opinion.

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
~Ephesians 5:11

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A bit of a Catholic hating thread this one...

If the RCC is false then so is the rest as they all came from the RCC in the first place.

It's just another paradoxal argument in my book, much like works vs faith. We all believe in Christ and all this bickering over which church is right on which doctrines is irrelevant to me

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I did was make a personal statement of belief... I am under NO obligation to explain myself to ANYONE.
These are public forums... and we are all free to speak to whom we desire...
I have already confronted you on WHY I will not discuss ANYTHING with you. This is called WISDOM... not COWARDICE.
There are many here who seem to enjoy BASHING each other over beliefs... I am not one of those...
I believe I have clearly stated and shown my reasons for NOT communicating with you ... and the last time I checked... that was called CHOICE.. not COWARDICE.
Yet, you see fit to LIE about the Pope and his intentions and everything else regarding the Catholic Church.
Case in point - the following manure from your post #90:

I did a bit of research on Knights of Columbus... In my opinion.. they are no different than....but just as... if not more harmful than the masons. Same coat... just a different shade of evil. Here in Canada... we have masons... and shriners... and knights of columbus... I'm sure there are more of these secret societies... SECRET ... DARKNESS... HIDDEN... = never a good thing ... but that is just my little opinion.
Had you DONE some actual research - you would have known the reason for the secrecy in the K of C.
Allow me to educate you . . .

The Knights of Columbus was founded in the 19th century in New Haven, CT as a Catholic men's charitable organization to help the widows of fellow Catholics. Why was there such a need? Because Catholics were blackballed from anti-Catholic Protestant-owned insurance companies - so these widows had NO means of support. Fr. Michael McGivney organized the first Chapter to help them out and the organization grew from there.

Charity id the first tenet of the K of C - and THAT is the main reason for the "secrecy".
Proclaiming your good deeds publicly renders them null and void in the eyes of God (Matt. 6:4).

Your cowardly lies are only magnified when you run instead of explaining yourself . . .

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charity id the first tenet of the K of C - and THAT is the main reason for the "secrecy".
Proclaiming your good deeds publicly renders them null and void in the eyes of God (Matt. 6:4)
Amen... If thats the reason for all the secrecy, I support it!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Backlit ... I did a bit of research on Knights of Columbus... In my opinion.. they are no different than....but just as... if not more harmful than the masons. Same coat... just a different shade of evil. Here in Canada... we have masons... and shriners... and knights of columbus... I'm sure there are more of these secret societies... SECRET ... DARKNESS... HIDDEN... = never a good thing ... but that is just my little opinion.

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
~Ephesians 5:11
The Knights of Malta, an older and much more dangerous group than Columbus, are the military wing of the Catholic Church. All such groups however, however outwardly innocent and benevolent, are virulently anti Protestant and likely ask under the influence and authority of Jesuits, who are the most evil and deceptive members of the church.

Reactions: Jostler and Addy

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Knights of Malta, an older and much more dangerous group than Columbus, are the military wing of the Catholic Church. All such groups however, however outwardly innocent and benevolent, are virulently anti Protestant and likely ask under the influence and authority of Jesuits, who are the most evil and deceptive members of the church.
Thank you for this information...

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The SDA is well known for its false histories.
Anti-Catholic Myths and Lies: #1;
13 LOGICAL PROBLEMS WITH THE CONSTANTINE FOUNDER MYTH:

You REALLY need to study your history because you've been poisoned by the pen of your false prophetess and founder - Ellen G. White.
Constantine had absolutely NOTHING to do with the composition OR the ratification of the Nicene Creed.

The recommendation for a general or ecumenical council. . .had probably already been made to Constantine by Ossius [aka Hosius], and most probably to Pope Silvester as well. . .Ossius presided over its deliberations; he probably, and two priests of Rome certainly, came as representative of the Pope.
(Dr. Warren Carroll, The Building of Christendom, Christendom College Press, 1987,11)

That is as far as Constantine was involved - probably at the urging of his staunch Catholic mother, St. Helena.
Do your homework . . .
Seriously,? You really think I get all my information from Ellen White?
It is blind head in sand behavior to suggest the emperors had no impact on the church and her beliefs. And it wasn't just Constantine, yes, he convened the council, and later persecuted the side he disliked. His sons did the same... With different sides. Athanasius I think was exiled about 5 times. Arius regained his favor... For a while. And today, the doctrines and effects of church decisions are still decided by the one who inherited the role of that emperor.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A bit of a Catholic hating thread this one...

If the RCC is false then so is the rest as they all came from the RCC in the first place.

It's just another paradoxal argument in my book, much like works vs faith. We all believe in Christ and all this bickering over which church is right on which doctrines is irrelevant to me
Guilty as charged... and I don't usually verbalize my thoughts on this... but I also don't stand down to BULLIES ... which is unfortunately what occurred here. I got confronted by a bully.

Anyways... It's not just that the RCC is false... It is what happens behind closed doors.... RCC has a long history of secrecy and the list of ABUSES to children is never ending... that is not a rumour or theory...it's a HISTORICAL FACT.
Canada is just now finding thousands of unmarked graves of children... they are all on the sites of residential schools run by the Catholic church.

The Catholic church has yet to even acknowledge or apologize for any wrong doing. The statement that this makes alone .... is astonishing... shameful... and horrifying.
YEP.... I HATE THAT!!!

I hope you know me well enough to know that I don't just say things for the heck of it. I do my research.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Much truth in this statement. The mother of harlots is more than poetry.
In the last few days... I have been taken back to my hatred for the Roman Catholic Church... and it is not something I desire to dwell on.
I absolutely believe that this church is the mother of harlots... I have never discussed this topic... I keep it in the confines of my heart...

One thing I know for sure... is that God is turning over rocks right now... It is the season of EXPOSURE of the church. Darkness is beginning to be brought to light and it is a GLORIOUS thing.... I have prayed for this to happen for a great many years... and now before my very eyes... I am seeing things happen. So...time will tell and the proof is in the pudding... My thoughts on the Catholic church are exactly that .. my thoughts... and when everything is said and done... in the end.... ALL DARKNESS and EVIL will be EXPOSED by GOD.

Those are my final little thoughts on this thread...

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite