New heaven new earth???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess according to some of you the promise God made to Abraham was a lie. God took Abraham up into a high mountain and showed him a land and in that land a great city which God was the architect. Now Abraham believed God. Afterwards it is written that Abraham traveled throughout the land in search for it. As the apostle wrote had he understood the promise he would have realized the place he was looking for was a heavenly place where God dwells. There is a new Heaven and earth. In revelation God sends down fire and destroys this one.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess according to some of you the promise God made to Abraham was a lie. God took Abraham up into a high mountain and showed him a land and in that land a great city which God was the architect. Now Abraham believed God. Afterwards it is written that Abraham traveled throughout the land in search for it. As the apostle wrote had he understood the promise he would have realized the place he was looking for was a heavenly place where God dwells. There is a new Heaven and earth. In revelation God sends down fire and destroys this one.

dan 2:44

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not saying that you're right or wrong, but Revelation clearly staes there will be no need for the Natural sunligh in the city. ?Hmmmmmm it also states, Revelation 21:1 "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."
now we can say, well that metaphorically speaking of the sea of humanity, (People, the wicked). well they will be removed. but there is a smooth sea as well as a mired or turmoil one, and the verse just said, sea.
so..... if literal, will there be no more fish and other marine animals? I say no, the scripture said no more "sea", it didn't say, no more "WATER", just "sea".

so back to the sun & moon, the natural ones? are they did away with? well the scriptures don't really say that it says this, Revelation 21:23 "And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."

did the scriptures say the natural sun and the moon is eliminated? no, not really, but something to think about, can the sun and the moon here is symbolic for the Law, (moon), and the Gospel, (sun?). well........

Revelation 21:1 states "heaven" not plural. do this just mean, air pollution and the waters, is cleaned up as with the term sea?.

now terms, MAN and the term EARTH, they are the one in the same, for man came from the earth, he's DUST.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
I think there is also a reference there about us being before him day and night.

also in the lake of fire there is a day and night implying a solar and lunar cycle.