New heaven new earth???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know they saw the angels and "passed out" or became as dead men. That doesn't mean Jesus wasn'r physically there. It just means they didn't see HIm. If you do not believe that jesus stood up again in the body he laid down in death with, then you are denying the resurrection.

For only that which is lain down can be stood up again! And Jesus was laid down in His body and rose again just like He told the unbelieving Pharisees He would do:

John 2:19-22
King James Version

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

This is what you have said you do not believe so you do not believe i a resurrection from the dead

Ana- again stasis standing!

What you're doing now is making assumptions according to your belief.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And???? Before He died, He walked on water, took some jars of water and turned it to wine, spoke and raised a dead person, took a few loaves and some fish and fed close to 20,000!
Because it plainly says the form Jesus talked to Mary in was prior to an ascension, and after that ascension, Jesus had the final form, having completed the task God had for Him that day. Jesus did not lie to Mary, telling her He did have to ascend. Thus after ascension, Jesus could then appear in the proper physical form.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it plainly says the form Jesus talked to Mary in was prior to an ascension, and after that ascension, Jesus had the final form, having completed the task God had for Him that day. Jesus did not lie to Mary, telling her He did have to ascend. Thus after ascension, Jesus could then appear in the proper physical form.

. Do you know why Jesus forbade Mary to touch Him and yet allowed the apostles to touch Him before the Ascension?

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

what happened in between these two? Jesus ascended to teh Father! Do you know why?

Your conclusions are all based on you guessing and not biblical evidence.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. Do you know why Jesus forbade Mary to touch Him and yet allowed the apostles to touch Him before the Ascension?

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

what happened in between these two? Jesus ascended to teh Father! Do you know why?

really in the translation
He meant hold me not for I must hi to the Father

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because his body was not physical. What I say only comes from the Bible.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because his body was not physical. What I say only comes from the Bible.

Except for here!

He physically rose from the dead in the body He took to the grave. It is simply teh glorified immortalized physical body we shall be given as well! He is the first fruit of the resurrection

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except for here!

He physically rose from the dead in the body He took to the grave. It is simply teh glorified immortalized physical body we shall be given as well! He is the first fruit of the resurrection
It was after he ascended, a few minutes after seeing Mary. Mary just happened to catch him right before he was to ascend.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was after he ascended, a few minutes after seeing Mary. Mary just happened to catch him right before he was to ascend.

And you do not know why Jesus said she couldn't touch Him.

Remember this scene in the garden happened on the day of His resurrection. His ascension occured fifty days afterward! So why did Jesus ascend to heaven sometime after seeing Mary but before walking through the wall to be with teh 11?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Remember this scene in the garden happened on the day of His resurrection. His ascension occured fifty days afterward! So why did Jesus ascend to heaven sometime after seeing Mary but before walking through the wall to be with teh 11?

glorified body is not subject to the laws of nature

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it was physical Thomas put your finger in my hand etc. but was glorified and passable
It was not during the hour Mary saw Him in the Garden. It was after he ascended and after He came back to the two on the road that same day.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He ascended several times in the next 40 days.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
glorified body is not subject to the laws of nature

To some of them. It still can only be at one place at one time. But the corruptible body has been clothed with incorruption! It is the body given us- just juiced with "divine steroids'!"