• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Desertbird

Jun 9, 2007
Hello,My name is Ashley, a college freshman studying veterinary science. I'm glad to have come across a well-knit group such as this. No, I'm not Christian, and don't plan on converting into one, but I do try to learn about other religions as best I can in order to give a fair perspective and have a well-rounded knowledge and appreciation for them. I have a few questions that I will be posting up later, but for now I'll just tell you a little about me.I am a devoted pagan who loves to learn just about anything and everything. In my free time I work out, go bowling or hike the mountain right near me. I love to camp and I'll read pretty much anything thrown in front of me, especially literature written in a higher level of understanding such as Shakespear's old English. I am a lesbian and I spend a lot of time volunteering at shelters and assisted living homes. I live in the middle of the Arizona desert and work as an animal handler.In two months I'm moving into the college dorms and can't wait for classes to start. I have a twin sister and a younger sister to whome I'm very close.Questions for me are welcome, especially since I have a few for you guys as well.Blessings,Ashley

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hello DesertbirdI am sure you know this being a christian site you already know we do not agree with many of the choices you have made in your life. That being said we also understand how you would have many questions for us that we will try to answer for you. If we appear judgemental at times it is not at you personally but at your choices/actions. I hope you able to understand that. We have had simular past experienceshere before some good some bad. The key seems to be understanding.I assume you did not come here to be convinced you ways are wrong, but neither will we be convinced Gods word is wrong. So lets try not go there.That being said we will be happy to share our thoughts and beliefs and try to answer your questions. That being said Welcome to CB:)

Desertbird

Jun 9, 2007
Don't worry, I respect people's beliefs whether I share them or not. When it comes to religion I try to take an unbiased side, so that niether mine nor my conversers feel threatened in their beliefs. I will treat this site as a learning experiance, not a debate lounge. I may have different views, but I assure you that I'm not here for a fight.Thank you,AshleyEdit: I assume that what you mean by the many choices I've made refer to being a pagan and a lesbian. Please be assured that this does not make me a bad person, I'm likable if given the chance.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Dear Ashley, Welcome to the board... I'd like to share this phrase with you, Love the sinner, hate the sin... thats my motto... I can love you and not agree with your choices..., right? and when I was your age.. my life wasn't exactly the godliest one on the block... I was a hippy back in the 70's and a member of a antinuclear grass roots activist group...we were protestors... and vegetarions.. you could sleep with whomever you wanted by our rules, but if someone saw you come out of Burger King... you were blasted! gossip flew!I hope we really get to know one another, I am not your everyday Christian.. I am Jewish and Christian and I keep the feasts and don't do the Christian pagan based holidays.. I have a knowledge of lots of religions, including the pagan ones, for like you I want to know it all! a truth seeker for many years and finally I have found what I know is it.. I hope you find it also... I love animals look for my possum post..

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Welcome to Christianity Board Ashley. Love the sinners, hate the sin, should be every Christian mottos. Hope you are looking for the truth. It is a blessing to find the truth. It is a blessing to read and know the truth.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.P.S. Ashley, just a note that is a fact, Christianity is not exactly a religion it is a reality to mankind.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Welcome to the boards. And enjoy your stay. I hope you learn a lot, and eventually choose Christianity (but it's up to you). Have fun
smile.gif