new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Satan has YOU believing the Lie that those who know how to live in this Wondrous “ Age Of Grace” have ANY desire to live a “licentious” life.....It’s just the opposite...
The more aware I am to know how my Sins are “ Covered” by Grace.....the less of that “ coverage” I really need.....

Grace grants forgiveness....Forgiveness spurs Love.....Love spurs Obedience....Your Legalism keeps you “ stuck” these three steps behind me....Learn how to REST in the Gospel Of Grace....you have not even made it to the “ Starting Gate” Of Christianity if you do not Rest in the Gospel....God, in the Book Of Hebrews , declares your type to be “ Disobedient” and guilty of “ Unbelief”—— does that not sound like Serious stuff? You need to prove yourself an “ Able Student “ Of His Word .....presently— you ain’t.
What a load of contradictory rubbish.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do get it... I honestly do GET IT.... I think my frustration comes because of how difficult the journey was ( because of the legalistic accusations thrown at me by my own family )... NOW that I GET it... and BELIEVE it.... I get so offended by those who would DARE try to continue to remove it from me. I am just as grounded as you are BB in my view of GRACE.... but perhaps I am not as saturated as you in the CONFIDENCE aspect of it.

I am at the stage of JUST give me JESUS... and everyone else.... just GO AWAY and LEAVE ME BE... Christianity has been so mis-represented. So many doctrines that come to STEAL the JOY and PEACE that CHRIST came for and died for....
For me... it is so SIMPLE.... It's all because of HIM.... It's all about HIM... It's all HIM... I cannot do anything... not one thing... It is all like dirty rags to think I could possibly ADD to the ATONEMENT of CHRIST... It is a slap in the FACE of God to PRESUME I could possibly be GOOD enough for HIM... Therefore I live my life in AWE of HIS GOODNESS.... I stand AMAZED that HE would desire... even DELIGHT in me.... Those thoughts capture me and I swear I could float away in the clouds.... the GRATITUDE and THANKFULNESS that fills my soul.

So... upon my return... I will pop in periodically... but like I said earlier... this topic is NOT a place I desire to DWELL in... I've done my time... I've suffered greatly because of the lies told to me... It's TIME to enjoy my FREEDOM in CHRIST.

Much love to you my precious BROTHER in CHRIST.
It's impossible to please God without faith.
And the faith that saved people and continues to save is the faith that works by Love.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do get it... I honestly do GET IT.... I think my frustration comes because of how difficult the journey was ( because of the legalistic accusations thrown at me by my own family )... NOW that I GET it... and BELIEVE it.... I get so offended by those who would DARE try to continue to remove it from me. I am just as grounded as you are BB in my view of GRACE.... but perhaps I am not as saturated as you in the CONFIDENCE aspect of it.

I am at the stage of JUST give me JESUS... and everyone else.... just GO AWAY and LEAVE ME BE... Christianity has been so mis-represented. So many doctrines that come to STEAL the JOY and PEACE that CHRIST came for and died for....
For me... it is so SIMPLE.... It's all because of HIM.... It's all about HIM... It's all HIM... I cannot do anything... not one thing... It is all like dirty rags to think I could possibly ADD to the ATONEMENT of CHRIST... It is a slap in the FACE of God to PRESUME I could possibly be GOOD enough for HIM... Therefore I live my life in AWE of HIS GOODNESS.... I stand AMAZED that HE would desire... even DELIGHT in me.... Those thoughts capture me and I swear I could float away in the clouds.... the GRATITUDE and THANKFULNESS that fills my soul.

So... upon my return... I will pop in periodically... but like I said earlier... this topic is NOT a place I desire to DWELL in... I've done my time... I've suffered greatly because of the lies told to me... It's TIME to enjoy my FREEDOM in CHRIST.

Much love to you my precious BROTHER in CHRIST.
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry .....that would NOT be you.....” Your” Salvation is no more secure than your next “ Willful Sin”....You have never known what it is like to “ Trust”...... as far as Sins go, you are still “ on the hook” for them....you have either been set free from your “ Performance” Burden or you have not—- you can’t have it both ways....you are attempting that now with this latest post...
Now post the verse that says believing in Christ is a 'performance burden' and you will have made your case.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Corlove13 ... Again... My post was directly to Blood Bought and a letter from my heart to his.

You have explained that you may in future... quote me... but I will re-iterate that I am not interested in defending my
beliefs with a fellow believer. I have had it up to my eyeballs with DEFENDING myself.. LOL... Once again... Bless you and have a nice day.
His mercies are NEW every morning... such a BLESSING for us.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5

Saved is in the past tense.......

Why did He save us for? Let's look at Titus :

3At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

Become ? Interesting...part 2 coming

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Corlove13 ... Again... My post was directly to Blood Bought and a letter from my heart to his.

You have explained that you may in future... quote me... but I will re-iterate that I am not interested in defending my
beliefs with a fellow believer. I have had it up to my eyeballs with DEFENDING myself.. LOL... Once again... Bless you and have a nice day.
His mercies are NEW every morning... such a BLESSING for us.
Yes, I remember...I don't expect you to respond...The argument would not be with me anyway...but with the passages...
You too be blessed!
They do have private chat though if you dont want anyone to respond...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is no more secure than your next “ Willful Sin”
You can't possess the security of Christ's ministry if you cast the word of God from your heart and willingly go back to your sins in unbelief.

"...let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father." 1 John 2:24

Let it sink in, BB. Read it.↑↑↑ If the word of God does not remain in you, you will not remain in the Son.
That's why we're told to keep believing.↓↓↓

"...since we have a great high priest...let us hold firmly to what we profess." Hebrews 4:14

The sure and steadfast and everlasting ministry of Christ is only applied to believers, not unbelievers.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I remember...I don't expect you to respond...The argument would not be with me anyway...but with the passages...
You too be blessed!
They do have private chat though if you dont want anyone to respond...

I assume that when someone quotes someone.. that it is a DIRECT communication with THAT person...
So that is how I communicate within the forums... Sometimes I make general comments and those are the ones
I understand are open to public view point. That is simply how I do things... I realize that there is a private place to send
messages... I chose to do so in open forum.

My contributions/thoughts in this thread in particular are purposely chosen... @Blood Bought 1953 preaches the Gospel that
Paul preached... and that is the Gospel that I have come to see has TRULY SET ME FREE. Sadly... many arrows come his way.
I wanted to publicly show him some love and support.

Time for a walk on the lake.

Reactions: amadeus

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s see how that Law that you esteem so much holds up in light of other Scripture......

Many Christians give lip service to the fact they live in the New Covenant.

The truth however is that because they fail to realise they are no longer under the law they are really still living in an Old Covenant reality.

Here are 37 scriptures that prove that Christians are not under the law!

Acts
The law is an unbearable yoke. (Acts 15:10)

Romans
The law reveals sin but cannot fix it. (Romans 3:20)

If the law worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14)

The law brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)

The purpose of the law was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)

Christians are not under the law. (Romans 6:14)

Christians have been delivered from the law. (Romans 7:1-6)

The law is good, perfect and holy but cannot help you be good, perfect or holy. (Romans 7:7-12)

The law which promises life only brings death through sin. (Romans 7:10)

The law makes you sinful beyond measure. (Romans 7:13)

The law is weak. (Romans 8:2-3)

1 Corinthians
The strength of sin is the law (1 Corinthians 15:56)

2 Corinthians
The law is a ministry of death. (2 Corinthians 3:7)

The law is a ministry of condemnation. (2 Corinthians 3:9)

The law has no glory at all in comparison with the New Covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:10)

The law is fading away. (2 Corinthians 3:11)

Anywhere the law is preached it produces a mind-hardening and a heart-hardening veil. (2 Corinthians 3:14-15)

Galatians
The law justifies nobody. (Galatians 2:16)

Christians are dead to the law. (Galatians 2:19)

The law frustrates grace. (Galatians 2:21)

To go back to the law after embracing faith is “stupid”. (Galatians 3:1)

The law curses all who practice it and fail to do it perfectly. (Galatians 3:10)

The law has nothing to do with faith. (Galatians 3:11-12)

The law was a curse that Christ redeemed us from. (Galatians 3:13)

The law functioned in God’s purpose as a temporary covenant from Moses till John the Baptist announced Christ. (Galatians 3:16 & 19, also see… Matthew 11:12-13, Luke 16:16)

If the law worked God would have used it to save us. (Galatians 3:21)

The law was our prison. (Galatians 3:23)

The law makes you a slave like Hagar. (Galatians 4:24)

Ephesians
Christ has abolished the law which was a wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:15)

Philippians
Paul considered everything the law gained him as “skybalon” which is Greek for “poop”. (Philippians 3:4-8)

1 Timothy
The law is only good if used in the right context. (1 Timothy 1:8) (see next verse for the context)

It was made for the unrighteous but not for the righteous. (1 Timothy 1:9-10)

Hebrews
The law is weak, useless and makes nothing perfect. (Hebrews 7:18-19)

God has found fault with it and created a better covenant, enacted on better promises. (Hebrews 8:7-8)

It is obsolete, growing old and ready to vanish. (Hebrews 8:13)

It is only a shadow of good things to come and will never make someone perfect. (Hebrews 10:1)

Perhaps it is time to get that “ weak and useless” Law removed from the Mantle and replace itveith something Infinitely BETTER——- GRACE ! ! !
None of these shortcomings about the law affect me because I'm not trying to be justified (made righteous) by the law. I'm made righteous through my faith in Christ. And because I have the righteousness of God, I can now uphold the law. And as a believer, when I fail I have the completed, but ongoing ministry of Christ to forgive that failure.

Reactions: Corlove13

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever heard that “ Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel? “

So it is with the Book Of James—- “ The Last Refuge for the Legalist ” Lol.....they always end up there ....so many verses there just crying out to be “ twisted”....and boy , do they get Twisted! Lol...
Actually, Hebrews is where the bulk of what you call my 'legalist' argument comes from. But I understand your argument. You think upholding the law is automatically and without exception trying to be justified by the law. Well, if that were true, the NT writers would not be telling us to uphold the law in lengthy passages of scripture.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953 preaches the Gospel that
Paul preached.
Uh, kinda.
He understands grace, but he errs when he says the verse below means grace makes it so sins are lawful to do and you won't go to hell for purposely doing them....

"All things are lawful to me..." 1 Corinthians 6:12
He's literally saying grace is your license that allows you to purposely sin and you not be damned. Of course, that's not what Paul was saying. In fact, Paul's not even the one who said that, lol. That's the Corinthian's argument they were using to rationalize living in sin. BB doesn't understand that the very first Osas teaching taught that if you do that you are showing that you were never saved in the first place. He'd be better off just going back to the original Osas teaching.

Reactions: Corlove13

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He's literally saying grace is your license that allows you to purposely sin.
No he certainly is NOT saying this... That is an accusation that legalists seem to like to throw... It doesn't seem to matter how many times me or BB STATE LOUDLY.... that sin is wrong... all of it.... Somehow... the accusation lingers like a BAD SMELL. This is an unfair fight from the get go..

Sin is WRONG.... ALL of it... NO one is justifying a FREE license to sin... WE are stating that Christ's ATONEMENT for our sins ( the entire world's sins ) are bought and paid for ONCE and for all at the CROSS... by JESUS CHRIST. Our works are NOTHING... do NOTHING and mean NOTHING...

It is the above statement that seems to OFFEND the legalists so much because it INFRINGES on and DESTROYS the long list of do's and don'ts that seem to falsely keep them SAFE and SAVED.

You know me well enough from the conversations we have had... I have respected your person... and you have respected mine. I like it that way.... but... you and I believe in a polar opposite view of what being a CHRISTIAN entails.

Again... I am not interested in DEBATING.... and YES I know... I am engaging in a debate forum... But I have said what I have come to say.

Blessings on you. BB is a big boy and he can defend himself.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assume that when someone quotes someone.. that it is a DIRECT communication with THAT person...
So that is how I communicate within the forums... Sometimes I make general comments and those are the ones
I understand are open to public view point. That is simply how I do things... I realize that there is a private place to send

My contributions/thoughts in this thread in particular are purposely chosen... @Blood Bought 1953 preaches the Gospel that
Paul preached... and that is the Gospel that I have come to see has TRULY SET ME FREE. Sadly... many arrows come his way.

Have a nice walk sister and even take hold of the Lord's hand as you go...

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more aware I am to know how my Sins are “ Covered” by Grace.....the less of that “ coverage” I really need.....

Everyone should be aware that all their PAST sins (2 Peter 1:19) were covered by the blood of Christ upon repenting and believing the gospel.

But what some don’t seem to be aware of is that they now must avoid doing what is described here:

"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" (Hebrews 10:29)

Please don’t respond. I am posting this for the benefit of honest truth seekers.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have a nice walk sister and even take hold of the Lord's hand as you go...
I left for my walk and came back because I needed a sweater.. so am off now.... It is such a lovely walk this year as the shore line is nice and large enough to actually stroll and see all the beautiful houses that are normally not viewable.

Have a beautiful day my dearest one.

Reactions: amadeus

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well that is all nice:

Time for me to post Mark on the true Gospel:

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just read this on another thread... and I thought it fit well here... It was shared by @GRACE ambassador

Precious friend(s), CHRIST Died for our sins, but HIS Precious BLOOD Is
Insufficient for God’s ETERNAL Salvation? God’s EVERLASTING Salvation?

Why is it, Since “God IS SATISFIED” With HIS SON’s Payment, that some are not?:

Isa 53:10 "Yet it pleased The LORD to bruise Him; He hath put him to grief: when
Thou shalt make His Soul An Offering For sin, He shall see his seed, He shall
prolong his days, and the pleasure of The LORD shall prosper in His Hand."

Isa 53:11 "He Shall See of The Travail Of His Soul, and Shall Be Satisfied: By
His Knowledge Shall My Righteous Servant JUSTIFY many; for He Shall Bear
their iniquities."

Apparently some ignore "The Travail Of HIS SOUL," thus making
HIS Precious BLOOD INsufficient for themselves! Ah, LORD, how tragic!!

This is brilliant.... and so very true... HOW tragic that the BLOOD ATONEMENT of CHRIST is deemed by some as NOT ENOUGH... when GOD HIMSELF was VERY PLEASED.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No he certainly is NOT saying this... That is an accusation that legalists seem to like to throw... It doesn't seem to matter how many times me or BB STATE LOUDLY.... that sin is wrong... all of it.... Somehow... the accusation lingers like a BAD SMELL. This is an unfair fight from the get go..

Sin is WRONG.... ALL of it... NO one is justifying a FREE license to sin... WE are stating that Christ's ATONEMENT for our sins ( the entire world's sins ) are bought and paid for ONCE and for all at the CROSS... by JESUS CHRIST. Our works are NOTHING... do NOTHING and mean NOTHING...

It is the above statement that seems to OFFEND the legalists so much because it INFRINGES on and DESTROYS the long list of do's and don'ts that seem to falsely keep them SAFE and SAVED.

You know me well enough from the conversations we have had... I have respected your person... and you have respected mine. I like it that way.... but... you and I believe in a polar opposite view of what being a CHRISTIAN entails.

Again... I am not interested in DEBATING.... and YES I know... I am engaging in a debate forum... But I have said what I have come to say.

Blessings on you. BB is a big boy and he can defend himself.

I'm not arguing (smile) but sharing. That yes it is Jesus who obeyed His father even unto death on the cross.....And He did it, we did not...so definitely this is not by our works...

And His death [his work]saved us by reconciling us to God.

Now how does His life save us?

And this is the place OSASers cannot see....because they see Justification as all of Salvation.

....you say we do nothing...but Jesus after He heals or forgives always tells the person to "Go in Peace and Sin no more"

That was His instruction and was it something to do? Isn't this the way a kingdom citizen would act if they were in His kingdom?

WE CANNOT DO NOTHING WITHOUT CHRIST......THAT MEANS WE DO IT WITH HIM.

THAT IS WHY WE ARE TOLD TO REMAIN IN HIM....[REMAIN IN HIS TEACHINGS, I INTERPRET]

So read carefully:
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a load of contradictory rubbish.
If you are a Christian and you want to go to heaven....Beeee Goood! and Do Goood!
How do you, be good and do good?
1. Dedicate your life to God.
2. Love God.
3. Love one another.
4. Go to church and fellowship and praise the Lord.
5. Get involved with church activities.
6. Time and money to charities...don't forget the food pantries.
7. Adopt some elderly persons and disabled persons in your area....help them with rides and deliver food. Give them your number so they know they are not alone. Deliver holiday meals.
8. Of course keep sinning to a minimum....and keep your sins small....aim small, miss small...if you spend your life being good and clean, you'll be less interested in soiling yourself with sin.

Remember the Apostle Paul called us saints...walk your life as if Christ was right beside you.

The end result of all of this is that you will stand before Jesus saying,” Didn’t “ I” do this .....and didn’t “ I” do that ? Give me what I deserve !” .....God will grant you what you deserved for all of your Work—- Hell. You will be among those that hear, “ Depart From me....I never knew you”

Trusting ONLY in the Gospel that “ could” have saved you was all about what Jesus did for you ....NOT what You did for Him....

Do you notice that your list gives No credit and gives no thanks to Jesus.....no acknowledgement of His Shed Blood Or His Amazing Grace That were the True Reasons you had your chance to be Saved . ....you made it all about you and what YOU did as opposed to who He was and what HE did. “ For” you.You completely missed it. You blew it.For Eternity....

Reactions: HisLife