new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 4

Whence [come] wars and whence [come] fightings among you? [come they] not hence, [even] of your pleasures that war in your members?

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and covet, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war; ye have not, because ye ask not.

3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may spend [it] in your pleasures.

4 Ye adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore would be a friend of the world maketh himself an enemy of God.

5 Or think ye that the scripture speaketh in vain? Doth the spirit which he made to dwell in us long unto envying?

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore [the scripture] saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble.

7 Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye doubleminded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall exalt you.

11 Speak not one against another, brethren. He that speaketh against a brother, or judgeth his brother, speaketh against the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judgest the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

12 One [only] is the lawgiver and judge, [even] he who is able to save and to destroy: but who art thou that judgest thy neighbor?

13 Come now, ye that say, To-day or to-morrow we will go into this city, and spend a year there, and trade, and get gain: 14 whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. What is your life? For ye are a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall both live, and do this or that.

16 But now ye glory in your vauntings: all such glorying is evil.

17 To him therefore that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 4

Whence [come] wars and whence [come] fightings among you? [come they] not hence, [even] of your pleasures that war in your members?

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and covet, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war; ye have not, because ye ask not.

3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may spend [it] in your pleasures.

4 Ye adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore would be a friend of the world maketh himself an enemy of God.

5 Or think ye that the scripture speaketh in vain? Doth the spirit which he made to dwell in us long unto envying?

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore [the scripture] saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble.

7 Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye doubleminded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall exalt you.

11 Speak not one against another, brethren. He that speaketh against a brother, or judgeth his brother, speaketh against the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judgest the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

12 One [only] is the lawgiver and judge, [even] he who is able to save and to destroy: but who art thou that judgest thy neighbor?

13 Come now, ye that say, To-day or to-morrow we will go into this city, and spend a year there, and trade, and get gain: 14 whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. What is your life? For ye are a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall both live, and do this or that.

16 But now ye glory in your vauntings: all such glorying is evil.

17 To him therefore that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
From the above..........this is something we do having been given the Spirit....
Here the writer is speaking to Christians, right?
@Grailhunter would you explain verse 8 "cleanse hands" and "purify heart" Isn't that the way we draw near to God? Is it about obeying the Spirit?

Because I wanted to tie that in with the Hebrews 4 passage ...wondering if what He is saying there is God helps those who help themselves...and you can help yourself by obeying the spirit. And if you do you can come boldly if you need help....what do you think?

Hebrews4

14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the above..........this is something we do having been given the Spirit....
@Grailhunter would you explain verse 8 "cleanse hands" and "purify heart" Isn't that the way we draw near to God? Is it about obeying the Spirit?

Because I wanted to tie that in with the Hebrews 4 passage ...wondering if what He is saying there is God helps those who help themselves...and you can help yourself by obeying the spirit. And if you do you can come boldly if you need help....what do you think?

Hebrews4

14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are, yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
1 John 3
2Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears,a we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. 3And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as Christ is pure.b

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hebrews4

James the brother of Christ but not one of the twelve. Very Jewish, so he thinks that way.
Jewish purification...the culture was big on purification, washing hands and ritual baths. Ever had your mom tell you to wash your hands....well for these guys washing hands was part of their religion. Washing the outside of the cup...purify your heart?...washing the inside of the cup. If you remember Christ spoke of this when He was talking to some Jews.

I am not sure I see a connection between this and Hebrews 4:14. But if you do....I will listen. Both are great scriptures.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you trying to help yourself? Or are you going to God for help because you need it?

If you do? No, that's not the passage. I'd suggest staying with exactly what it says. He knows your weakness, and even so, you can still come for help.

When would you say you are most in need of help? For me, it's when I've completely broken down into the flesh. And all I can do is cry out for His help. But I can do that knowing that He is here with me, and He loves me. He has reconciled me completely to Himself, and will never cast me away. So I come boldly for His help when I am in need.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James the brother of Christ but not one of the twelve. Very Jewish, so he thinks that way.
Jewish purification...the culture was big on purification, washing hands and ritual baths. Ever had your mom tell you to wash your hands....well for these guys washing hands was part of their religion. Washing the outside of the cup...purify your heart?...washing the inside of the cup. If you remember Christ spoke of this when He was talking to some Jews.

I am not sure I see a connection between this and Hebrews 4:14. But if you do....I will listen. Both are great scriptures.
Yes well My First Act of thought was that yes you're right about that making inside clean so the outside will be clean and I think that's the way that we stay connected so then we have to remain clean, so we stay connected to God and so I think that's how we coming forward is he saying well stop doing those things that that you were given the spirit to destroy. The spirit wasn't given to you for a license to sin. So start obeying the spirit so that your inside and your outside can be clean so that you can come boldly to the throne of grace and you do with confidence and other words you don't have to guess you know that God hears you and you could ask anything and he hears you, you know you have what you ask for.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes well My First Act of thought was that yes you're right about that making inside clean so the outside will be clean and I think that's the way that we stay connected so then we have to remain clean, so we stay connected to God and so I think that's how we coming forward is he saying well stop doing those things that that you were given the spirit to destroy. The spirit wasn't given to you for a license to sin. So start obeying the spirit so that your inside and your outside can be clean so that you can come boldly to the throne of grace and you do with confidence and other words you don't have to guess you know that God hears you and you could ask anything and he hears you, you know you have what you ask for.
Excuse this typing I'm actually speaking it out and cuz my phone is not working

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when did you come to a state of belief? My first remembrance.
It has nothing to do with death.
When I became like the tax collector. I prayed many times but it was not until that one time someone talked to me and I understood. I cried out for Gods mercy I’m brokenness

so you did not need to be born again???

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When I speak I tell Christians not to focus on sin...no matter how you look at it, it is the negative...you can get into the forbidden fruit think or thinking of the things you like to do that were sinful or just sinful habits.

Look at your life as if it were a journey with Christ....a walk with Christ...always by your side and sees everything you do. No matter how you think about it that is the way it is anyway....Christ knows everything and what is in your heart.

On that journey Christ may give you choices, He may put people in your path. Start a habit of doing the right thing. As time goes on and you are doing this you build confidence. Be an example for other Christians. After a while it becomes less about not doing the wrong thing and a knee jerk reaction to do the right thing.

Reactions: Corlove13

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words you can’t answer

I got it

I did not expect anything different though

No the topic is fine I just do not put up with answering the same question over an over again...acting like I did not answer.
People have different reason for using this ploy but it is never honest or good.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I became like the tax collector. I prayed many times but it was not until that one time someone talked to me and I understood. I cried out for Gods mercy I’m brokenness

so you did not need to be born again???
I went through the process spoke of in the Bible.
Believe that Yeshua is God and Savior.
Repent of your sins and commit to live by the Commandments of Christ.
Be Baptized.
Participate in communion.

Now born again...people have differing beliefs regarding born again...And since I am multi-denominational I tolerate different beliefs.
My beliefs are that when you go down in the water you die....you "die" with Christ and when you come up out the water you are a new spiritual person and God has no memory of the past person or what they did. So yes I was Baptized.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the topic is fine I just do not put up with answering the same question over an over again...acting like I did not answer.
People have different reason for using this ploy but it is never honest or good.
But you did not answer. You have a non answer. But that’s ok. Again I come to expect it

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went through the process spoke of in the Bible.
Believe that Yeshua is God and Savior.
Repent of your sins and commit to live by the Commandments of Christ.
Be Baptized.
Participate in communion.

Now born again...

So you had to do all this to be born again?

]people have differing beliefs regarding born again...And since I am multi-denominational I tolerate different beliefs.
My beliefs are that when you go down in the water you die....you "die" with Christ and when you come up out the water you are a new spiritual person and God has no memory of the past person or what they did. So yes I was Baptized.
So salvation by works

thank you

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism is a work of righteousness my friend

Acts 2:38 does not say what you think

but you have answered my question and confirmed my suspicion so I thank you

You lie again.
Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

In case you not only lie but have issues with reading....note that "each of you be baptized" and "you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit? are two different events. Now incase you do not know the Bible very well I can provide scriptural evidence of water baptism.
Now if you want to say that receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit can be referred to as being baptized with the Holy Spirit I am ok with that...then both are directed and will happen.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lie again.
Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

In case you not only lie but have issues with reading....note that "each of you be baptized" and "you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit? are two different events. Now incase you do not know the Bible very well I can provide scriptural evidence of water baptism.
Now if you want to say that receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit can be referred to as being baptized with the Holy Spirit I am ok with that...then both are directed and will happen.
Your reading a faulty English text my friend

Peter did not tell anyone to be baptized to recieve the gift of the holly spirit

water baptism is a work of righteousness

Paul said not by works of righteousness which we have done but by his mercy

again thank you for confirming my suspicians about what you really believe

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your reading a faulty English text my friend

Peter did not tell anyone to be baptized to recieve the gift of the holly spirit

water baptism is a work of righteousness

Paul said not by works of righteousness which we have done but by his mercy

again thank you for confirming my suspicians about what you really believe

Let me tell you something Mr. Liar, Acts says what it says.
Acts 2:38 is not works of righteousness. You people that write off the Bible should be ashamed of yourselves. Shame on you.
I do not tolerate liars so I will thank you not to address me again...Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”
Stay away from me and stick to your own kind.